Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/21/2002 2:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some offenses occurred in Altadena, L.A.

By Howard Breuer

December 19, 2002

PASADENA -- A 59- year-old Palmdale karate instructor was sentenced Thursday to 27 years in prison for sexually assaulting two children.

Daniel Payan of Littlerock pleaded guilty Nov. 8 to 15 counts, including lewd acts with a child and rape, after a prosecutor played a secretly recorded phone conversation made in August between Payan and one of the victims, now 33. On the tape, Payan admits to some of the crimes which occurred in Altadena and Los Angeles and says there's "nothing wrong with' having sex with 12-year-old girls.

Under the plea deal, Payan could have received between 22 and 27 years. Pasadena Superior Court Judge Judson W. Morris Jr. imposed the maximum after recalling how Payan told a female victim that he was just "teaching her how to be a good wife.' "This is one of the two worst cases I've seen in 38 years,' Morris said. "There's no doubt in my mind there's other victims out there too.' Payan's defense attorney, Tyson Beers, noted that his client has no criminal record, and admitted guilt early in the proceedings. The victims quivered and cried as they confronted Payan during the emotional hearing.

"You'd give me drugs to make me relax,' recalled an adult male who had been sodomized on his 13th birthday. "I have nothing but hatred for you.' Another victim said she decided to bring Payan to justice after struggling for two decades with extreme depression. "I have no childhood, no teen years to look back on,' she said as she wept. "I tried, I don't know how many times, to kill myself over this,' she added.

Payan was co-owner of Shotokan Martial Arts, which operates on weeknights out of a multipurpose room at Lake Los Angeles Elementary School.

After Payan was arrested, the Keppel Union School District halted the classes until new owners took over, said district Business Services Director Alan Arjo. "We were concerned about protecting our kids,' said Arjo. He added that he's not aware of any complaints about Payan in the Antelope Valley.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Taking a break

Posted On:
    12/21/2002 6:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OBviously all martial artist should be castrated. Along with all priests (any denomination), teachers, firemen, police, doctors and pig farmers.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    12/21/2002 4:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Freeze his dick with Liquid Nitrogen and make him do a "breaking" demonstration for his victims...

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2002 4:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always been leary of schools that cater primarily to children, and this is why. In my opinion there are only two reasons to dedicate your school to training munchkins: 1) You have no talent and know that adults would call you out whereas kids will accept anything. 2) you are a fucking child molester

Martial arts before you are at least 15-16 is fucking day care. I trained in 3 schools prior to those ages and taught at 2 (when I was 19, and 21) and they were all crap. I've NEVER seen a martial arts program for children that wasn't complete bullshit. so my kids are never going to a McRape school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2002 8:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that is wrong.

Don't get carried away asshole because I'm gonna give you a fight that you'll never forget!

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/21/2002 11:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always been leary of schools that cater primarily to children, and this is why. In my opinion there are only two reasons to dedicate your school to training munchkins: 1) You have no talent and know that adults would call you out whereas kids will accept anything. 2) you are a fucking child molester

Martial arts before you are at least 15-16 is fucking day care. I trained in 3 schools prior to those ages and taught at 2 (when I was 19, and 21) and they were all crap. I've NEVER seen a martial arts program for children that wasn't complete bullshit. so my kids are never going to a McRape school.

It's comforting to see that not all martial artists end up brainwashed, accepting the blind indoctrination of their style without questioning it. A majority of the members here could stand to learn a thing or two about reality from you.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/21/2002 11:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maximum penalty given in rape case

By Howard Breuer

Staff Writer

PASADENA -- An Antelope Valley karate instructor was sentenced Thursday to 27 years in prison for sexually assaulting adolescent male and female relatives 20 years ago. Daniel Payan, 59, of Littlerock pleaded guilty on Nov. 8 to 15 counts, including lewd acts with a child and rape, after a prosecutor played a secretly recorded phone conversation between Payan and one of the relatives, now 33. On the tape, Payan admits to some of the crimes, which occurred in Altadena and Los Angeles, and says there's "nothing wrong with" having sex with 12-year-old girls.

Under the plea deal, Payan could have received between 22 and 27 years. Pasadena Superior Court Judge Judson W. Morris Jr. imposed the maximum after recalling how Payan told a female victim that he was just "teaching her how to be a good wife." "This is one of the two worst cases I've seen in 38 years," Morris said. "There's no doubt in my mind there's other victims out there, too."

Payan was co-owner of Shotokan Martial Arts, which operates on weeknights out of a multipurpose room at Lake Los Angeles Elementary School.

After Payan was arrested, the Keppel Union School District halted the classes until new owners took over, said district Business Services Director Alan Arjo. "We were concerned about protecting our kids," Arjo said. He added that he's not aware of any complaints about Payan in the Antelope Valley. Sheriff's detectives said they have found no indications that Payan molested Antelope Valley youngsters. "We did ... go out and interview some of the kids from here to see if any criminal activity had occurred," sheriff's Sgt. Mike Becker said. "There wasn't anything here." Payan's defense attorney, Tyson Beers, noted that his client has no criminal record, and admitted guilt early in the proceedings.

Three victims quivered and cried as they confronted their uncle during the emotional hearing. "You'd give me drugs to make me relax," recalled a male relative molested on his 13th birthday. "I have nothing but hatred for you." One of the relatives said she decided to bring Payan to justice after struggling for two decades with extreme depression. "I have no childhood, no teen years to look back on," the woman said as she wept.

"I tried I don't know how many times to kill myself over this," she added. "I lied to you that day on the phone so I could start healing."

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/21/2002 11:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OBviously all martial artist should be castrated.
    Are you volunteering? (Chuckling)

Taking a break

Posted On:
    12/22/2002 12:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The amount I'm getting layed at the moment? Doubt if it would make much difference.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989