Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    7/28/2002 9:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap that is scary .. 6 days and you are teaching? .. that is psycho .. kraven manga sounds kind of the same as the rest of the mma styles that are trying to be what JKD was supposed to be .. and that is fine .. but this ripping people off and having instructors who run their class on some other guy's syllabus is just wrong. I don't mind the hot aerobics intructors being there though. :)

my kung fu eeeeeees better than yours!

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/29/2002 2:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite quote from an adoring fan (Chuckling)-

"I'll give you this: you have the privilege of being the most idiotic and obnoxious individual
    I've ever encountered in martial arts." John Whitman, krav maga senior instructor 2001

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists and the Dominate Prevailing Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/29/2002 2:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excerpts from the official krav maga website-

cuegeee

4:06 pm on 5.7.2002

We're taught to utilize anything in our surroundings to defend ourselves, but if they attack
    us with something like a stick...why dont we learn simple defenses with certain weapons?
    I'm not talking about training to use a gun or a knife on someone....are there defenses we
    learn that utilizes objects? rather?

john whitman

9:53 pm on 5.7.2002

You do learn weapons (knife and stick) later in KM. When you start learning knife
    defenses, you'll also learn the basic ways to attack with a knife -- although this is by no
    means knife fighting, just strong ways to stab.
    ----------
    John Whitman, Krav Maga Senior Instructor
    Krav Maga National Training Center

KFss- If John were being truthful here, "later" actually translates into YEARS. That's
    right, YEARS. I've documented John stating this-

"KM training doesn't make anyone more violent...As far as weeding out unsavory elements
    ...we have three fairly basic processes: one is that we do not allow students to take fighting
    classes only, they must take self defense classes as well -- this weeds out people just looking
    for excuses to hurt; the second is that although we teach defenses against weapons early,
    we do not teach attack-oriented movements until people have been with us for a number of
    years..." John Whitman

KFss- What thinking adult with a brain, wants to wait years just to learn some idiotic weapons
    usage from these krav maga clowns, what if you're attacked tomorrow? I want you krav maga
    guys to think about this, if that's how you really want to learn, by subjugating yourselves to
    martial arts instructors giving you information piecemeal just to keep you in their schools year
    after year, paying monthly dues, month after month. Then there's the belt ranking fees, extra
    curricular activities costs, and when you seat down and add all these things up, it comes out
    to a lot of money lining the krav maga instructors pockets unnecessarily. Is this the path to
    enlightenment and combat awakening? I don't think so.

Hey, I'm a capitalist and I have no problem in an open market or unscrupulous individuals such
    as John gouging these suckers what he can from them, it's just the principle of the matter and
    what's ultimately going to save their lives in the end, sadly, krav maga provides a false confidence
    to sustain a Lie.

In any event, I'm here to tell you and emphatically state, that it doesn't take YEARS to learn
    weapons usage, it takes a couple of minutes in a professional system. All that's required are
    the fundamentals of the weapon, edged or impact, the edged (i.e., knifes and such) are used
    primarily against the soft tissues of the body, while an impact device (baton, club and so forth)
    are most effective against the bones that come to surface. It's the principles that are crucial to
    understanding weapons use, not necessarily the techniques as the krav maga instructors
    foolishly advocate. (Kungfoolss 5/15/02 )

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists and the Dominate Prevailing Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123