Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 3:30pm

Style: BJJ, Eceptar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, man. Didn't your daddy ever tell you that you can get anywhere in the world if you're willing to suck enouch cock?

*Wipes mouth while posting proudly.*

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 3:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your good enough, in some instances you'll be approached and asked if your interested in fighting. But mostly tournaments, and the like, people there usually have "somone they know" or you can find out online. Once you express an interest then the hard part is letting them know you are for real, establishing a good rep can be tough. (alot of fighters just don't show up to fight) Also start small, you don't want to just jump in with the big boys in a "sink or swim" atmosphere (good for some...baaad for most). Then it's just a matter of finding promoters willing to work with you. IMO the best bet is to talk to your instructor, he has the time and probably the resources to explore that option better (also to let you honestly know whether or not that would be a good thing for you). Then (above all) TRAIN YOUR ASS OFF ALL THE TIME!!! It sucks, but it's the truth. Frank Trigg once said "...a person can never be strong enough, or have enough conditioning..." and that is the total truth. Once you do that, and you are doing everything you can to make yourself better (physically/technically/mentally) there isn't much more you can do. Just show up and fight.
    [A friend once told me he found Jennifer Connelly hot.
    "Would she still be hot if she were melting in a car wreck, like at the end of Pollock, smelling of burnt hair and bubbling intestines?" I asked.
    "Oh hell yeah."
    "How? How would you even have sex with her?"
    "Just let her cool and fold her over, like an omolette."
    Since then we've always had this universal sign for Jennifer Connelly, it's like an "opening a book" motion, only backwards. And we are often known to softly remark "....like an omolette".]--boyd

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It helps if you can flying heel-hook Jesus in under a minute.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 4:43pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .......damn, I don't think I can top what driscoll said.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 6:43pm

Style: BJJ, Eceptar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Holds up Professional Fighter Secret Ring to omega*

Pro Fighter Powers... ACTIVATE!!

On a serious note, it's not that hard to fight professionally. Sign up for an MMA school, and train hard. When you and your instructor feel that you're ready, you can start in a local show. Just keep fighting in local shows when they come around, and if you do well enough, you'll move up and the more money you make. Just ask J-Lau about how he's made the transition from getting his first fight to being somewhat of an underground sensation on the fight scene. But just remember... J-Lau still has to take the dogs out when his parents tell him to, just to put things into perspective for ya.

Posted On:
    7/21/2004 3:01pm

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    stupid ass dogs, arent even mine....

Buskethead

Posted On:
    7/21/2004 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Walt Bayless Combat JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you do as far as insurance goes as an amature and as a pro?

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    7/21/2004 3:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the event I've been in and the events I've helped with, the promoter has always had insurance for the fighters.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    7/21/2004 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Hannibal
    Personally speaking I wouldn't want to fight proffessioanally. Tournaments here and there fine but thats about it.
    Pretty fucking tough when you don't train.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast