Posted On:
    7/09/2006 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Crapo, could you please clear up a few things that I'm curious about:

What is your doctorate in?

What peer reviewed articles have you had published in a recognized academic journal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    7/09/2006 11:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Da dun dun dun DA DA! Da dun dun dun DA DA!

Won't someone please think of the children!?

Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Posted On:
    7/09/2006 11:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And look at this! He sells anti-aging secrets from the bible too!

http://www.getgenesis.com/DRMARK/#

Posted On:
    7/09/2006 11:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can only hope this is a scam, his instructor's name is "Tri Thong Dang Shihan" I can't stop laughing.

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 2:04am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, thats interesting Dr. Crapo found my thread. I appreciate the apology and it was Columbus, Ohio. I don't actually remember the reps name, but I'm sure there are so many that its hard to keep track of them, let alone that not being your job anyway.

First thing's first, can you direct me to the articles your sales representative described to me? About a year ago I did want to read them and find out why your products were better than anything else on the market. (As Samfoo has also asked for) It really is a golden opportunity to hear this from the horse's mouth so to speak.
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 2:56pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Herein lies one of the biggest problems in healthcare - overpricing your product so that you, your company, and all of those involved in the logistics of moving the product from point A to B, make "...5K a month."

Pharmaceutical companies do it. Supplement companies do it. And practitioners do it by selling these products at their practice. I have accounts with a few Chinese herbal companies as well as some practitioner-line supplement companies. If I were to charge their BS retail prices (200-300% above my cost), it would still a fraction of the cost that Symmetry Direct is charging.

One common rebuttal is that business is buisness. Well that may be true axiom for those that work in the business world, but not with those in health care. Medicine is considered one of the traditional professions [latin root "professio" - to vow or promise] and is held to a higher standard for several reasons.

First off, with medicine, the product you are selling is intangible - it is health. Unlike other business, the customer can't return the product if they are unhappy with the results. Plus, you can't gurantee results like you can with a typical product. But the final and most important reason why medical professionals should be held to a higher standard is because the patient is sick!

If they were feeling 100%, they wouldn't need a health professional. Because they are sick, they are inherently at a disadvantage to the health care provider. Plus, the difference in knowledge between the provider and the patient makes it even more vital that the practitioner act in an honest manner without taking advantage of the situation.

Now, I must point out that my reply was based off of Juebei33's inital story and the content of some of the linked website information. If Dr. Crapo is not part of the group that is milking consumers with that product line, then I appologize.

I'll look more later. Now I need to hit the gym.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 3:33pm

Style: BJJ, WMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... does anyone else not chuckle when they hear a Dr. Crapo is selling bullshit vitamis and teaching Aikido?

I vote he name his Aikido system "Crapo Ryu." At least it'd be truthful.

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 12:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

do ure research

Quote Originally Posted by Samfoo
    Mr. Crapo, could you please clear up a few things that I'm curious about:

What is your doctorate in?

What peer reviewed articles have you had published in a recognized academic journal?
    I have meet Dr. Mark Crapo a few times and U should have done ure homework before u talk **** about him.

Dr. Mark R. Crapo
    O.M.D., D.Ac., B.S., L.Ac., C.A.

Education:
    • Central Michigan University, graduated Cum Laude
    • Majors and Minors in Sports Medicine, Religion, Education, Sex Education and Physical Education.
    • California Acupuncture College (Los Angeles campus)
    • Graduate degree in Acupuncture, graduated in top 5 of class
    • Doctorate in Oriental Medicine, graduated in top 5 of class
    • Post doctoral classes at University of San Francisco, University of Hawaii, Emperor’s College and seminars across the US as well as in China and Japan.

Honor’s:
    • 10 semesters on Dean’s List at CMU (every semester)
    • Member of CMU’s Honor’s Department
    • First student to graduate (from CMU) with degree in Teaching the Academic Study of Religions
    • Member of National Honor Society
    • Member and President of National Honor Fraternity
    • President of CMU’s Sports Club Federation
    • President of CMU’s Judo Club
    • Captain and coach of CMU’s Judo Team
    • Student Body President California Acupuncture College (served two terms)
    • Listed in Who’s Who of Outstanding Americans and Who’s Who of International Professionals
    • Listed in Who’s Who of Aikido (published in Japan)
    • Inductee into Christian Martial Arts Hall of Fame
    • Inductee into US Martial Arts Hall of Fame

Work Experience:
    • Double certification in education, both elementary and high school – have taught grades 1-12 as well as college undergraduate and graduate classes.
    • Have taught continuing medical education classes in the US, the Caribbean and the Philippines
    • Have over 20 years experience as a primary health care physician in both California and Michigan
    • Hosted a nationally syndicated radio show on health, nutrition and medicine
    • For more than 15 years have worked in the design and manufacture of nutritional supplements
    Writing:
    • Author of many articles on health, healing, herbs, Oriental medicine and martial arts
    • Author of one college text book; Acupuncture A Desk Reference
    • Editor and contributing author of the Practical Applied Nutrition course in the State of California

Others:
    • Almost 35 years in the martial arts with black belts in Judo and Aikido.
    • As a 6th degree black belt, one of the senior instructors of the Aikido Institute of America and the founder of the Aikido Institute of Michigan
    • Gives seminars on Aikido and self-defense around the US, the Caribbean, the Philippines and Japan
    • Gives seminars on using Aikido Principles in daily life and business as a means to personal and professional growth

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 8:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lo2u
    • Almost 35 years in the martial arts with black belts in Judo and Aikido.
    look guys he's a Judo black belt. doesnt that justify most anything on these forums?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 8:37am

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have meet Dr. Mark Crapo a few times and U should have done ure homework before u talk **** about him.
    You learned all of that from meeting with him just a few times? That's impressive.

When did asking questions become 'talking ****'?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast