Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 1:21pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Norman Lippitt is the name of the judge who sentenced karen to life time in prison. Norman have said that he regrets the judgement and have tried to get her released.

It appears that the local police force must have been aware of the situation for a long time. what the hell did they do about it?

That Judge should have sentenced the local police force to a public flogging. That's the only sentence that would make any sense at all in this case.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 2:02pm

Style: Bayless Freestyle JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    Norman Lippitt is the name of the judge who sentenced karen to life time in prison. Norman have said that he regrets the judgement and have tried to get her released.

It appears that the local police force must have been aware of the situation for a long time. what the hell did they do about it?

That Judge should have sentenced the local police force to a public flogging. That's the only sentence that would make any sense at all in this case.

Right, because UK (this is the uk right?) police are totally hesitant to arrest men for unsubstantiated claims of DV? Oh yeah, they aren't. So I highly doubt a case where any kind of evidence of abuse didn't result in arrest. Not in a country that puts people like Harmon in postions of power.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 5:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is in the U.S. Doesn't matter if the police normally don't hesitate to arrest angry wife beaters. They didn't in this case even when they were well aware what was going on. It is just that Karen is a weak person. formed from many years of abuse. Nobody believed her or sympathized with her.

This is exactly why I can't be a police officer. I Would ripp fuckers like this apart. what does this have to do with martial arts anyway? PS. I just noticed that this thread is like 7 years old(Guess I rage over old troll bait :S) but still.. this woman is in jail... for self defense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 5:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is in the U.S. Doesn't matter if the police normally don't hesitate to arrest angry wife beaters. They didn't in this case even when they were well aware what was going on. It is just that Karen is a weak person. formed from many years of abuse. Nobody believed her or sympathized with her.

This is exactly why I can't be a police officer. I Would ripp fuckers like this apart. what does this have to do with martial arts anyway? PS. I just noticed that this thread is like 7 years old(Guess I rage over old troll bait :S) but still.. this woman is in jail... for self defense.

Prove it's self defense

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 10:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you come to that conclusion? There was no mention in the article of police contact prior to the killing. It's entirely possible that what happened behind closed doors happened without anyone's knowledge. It's also possible that the abuse was known to neighbors or friends and reported to police but that Mrs. Kantzler refused help ("I tripped and fell... I walked into a door... Sorry you officers came out here for nothing"), leaving police unable to intervene.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfDefense View Post
    Well crap, I'm not the guy who necro'd, just was responding. My bad.

Grow up daddykata. I was looking forward to a discussion of gender politics and didn't check the OP date. Sue me.
    Seriously? Grow up? Dude, you're a wimptard! You (implicitly) threatened to let loose on this discussion, and I'm inviting you to do so. So, man up or shut up. I could give a flying **** about the necro. When I talk about you showing your ass, it's because you make loaded statements like:
    Let me know if you know this woman personally, and I won't comment further.
    and don't have the balls to just say what you mean. If you honestly think that decorum matters more than truth on *this forum* then I have obviously over-estimated your intelligence.

Also, kudos on your reading comprehension. I'll bet there are still some sad sops that think this thread started yesterday. At least you realized after four discrete references to the necro.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2010 9:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougguod View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion? There was no mention in the article of police contact prior to the killing. It's entirely possible that what happened behind closed doors happened without anyone's knowledge. It's also possible that the abuse was known to neighbors or friends and reported to police but that Mrs. Kantzler refused help ("I tripped and fell... I walked into a door... Sorry you officers came out here for nothing"), leaving police unable to intervene.
    http://www.umich.edu/~clemency/women...nkantzler.html

Hod did I come to the conclusion that the local police must have known?
    I googled karen kantzler.

This was the first link: http://www.umich.edu/~clemency/women...nkantzler.html

It states that her former husband threatened to kill her in front of witnesses .

"Because her husband was a medical doctor, testimony about his violence towards his wife, his patients and others, was not taken into consideration at trial."

This was also a gem in that link. I could continue with more third hands information like this. It is kind of hard to get good info about something that happend 22 years ago.. I am gonna try to avoid this unless I can make a difference .. which I can't anyway :/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2010 10:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    Seriously? Grow up? Dude, you're a wimptard! You (implicitly) threatened to let loose on this discussion, and I'm inviting you to do so. So, man up or shut up. I could give a flying **** about the necro. When I talk about you showing your ass, it's because you make loaded statements like:
    and don't have the balls to just say what you mean. If you honestly think that decorum matters more than truth on *this forum* then I have obviously over-estimated your intelligence.

Also, kudos on your reading comprehension. I'll bet there are still some sad sops that think this thread started yesterday. At least you realized after four discrete references to the necro.
    I assure you, you would not trade insults with me like that in person. If you want to keep blustering behind your keyboard, go ahead. I'm a grown man, and am not getting into a flame war.

When I have time later today I will explian my previous statement.
    Last edited by ArtOfDefense; 7/14/2010 11:00am at . Reason: LIKE not ILKE

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    7/14/2010 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I assure you, you would not trade insults with me like that in person.
    Why can't you just say what you mean? That's the real issue, here. If you had bothered to actually add value to this discussion thread, rather than this beating around the bush, baiting, and delaying, we wouldn't be trading quips now.

I'm a grown man, and am not getting into a flame war.
    Prove it, I don't believe you. You're in a flame war because you would rather spend time trading insults than just posting what you meant in the first place.

When I have time later today I will explian my previous statement.
    You had time to come back to edit your post four minutes later to change ILKE to LIKE, but you missed EXPLAIN, which I find terribly humorous.

I'm waiting with bated breath for you to EXPLAIN what you mean by "many inconsitincies between the sensationalism of this story and how the DV industry actually works."
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234