Sponsored Links Spacer Image

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/05/2005 12:15am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy7
    I didnt notice that on his website. Could ya give me a link if you could? If so I'd pass on his buying his material (bein brown myself) - but doesnt seem like it from his pictures (I think there's a few latino/indian/brown guys in those).
    I was just joking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2005 5:22am

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wonder what good ole kimbo is up to these days.

Posted On:
    2/05/2005 8:06am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kimbos studying with The Avellan brothers ......gosh I wonder why kimbo isnt going to a RSBD gym? maybe he got enough of "the real streetz" in prison?

Now, you said that gyms dont realisitically train. I know some schools are really intense in their situations - but yeah, you can never accurately recreate the street. But you can recreate a robber going for his gun.
    is it more realistic to assume that you'll be able to overpower a gunman?
    yes, there have been some accounts of idiots losing there gun, but how many more are when some **** sack with legs thinks he's bruce willis? just yesterday in my neighborhood some guy got shot doing the same ****......
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/05/2005 8:44am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Training unarmed disarms is not in any way related to assuming that you will be able to overpower a gunman. Disarms are known not to be high-percentage techniques, but they are certainly possible, and in the situations in which you would employ one, it's not the odds so much (because the odds are terrible or you wouldn't be using it in the first place) but the stakes.

Training unarmed disarms is about avoiding the situation where you find yourself unarmed (which, for all practical purposes, often includes situations where you are armed but have been presented with an armed opponent while your weapon is still holstered) against the gun and completely out of options because you have not trained to disarm a gunman. Nobody who understands gun disarms would recommend assuming that they'll work with regularity, but they are intended for situations where the alternative is death or, at best, submission to someone who has already shown that he's willing to threaten your life to get what he wants.

This is a misunderstanding akin to the way people outside BJJ often think that the BJJ game is bad because it teaches you to "pull guard" and get defensive. If you've studied BJJ (and I haven't, but I know this much) you know that submissions from guard are for situations where you have been forced to employ the guard, NOT a first choice. That's what a gun disarm is, only on a more desperate level.

Training disarms is also part and parcel of learning to employ your OWN firearm at realistic ranges. One of the realistic ranges you might encounter is inside or even clinch, and not only do you want to know how disarms work so that you can understand the counters, but you may also need to incorporate some of the concepts learned from disarms to avoid getting shot first at that range.

There are police officers out there who are alive today because when their guns were taken during scuffles, they stripped the guns back from the subjects before getting shot.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/05/2005 8:56am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    knightmare, it feels like I'm becoming Sammy Franco's defender here, and that is NOT where I want to be. He's obviously a bit of a loon.
    However, you have contradicted me and thus triggered my reflexive argument gene, and now I am compelled by the monkey on my back to post arguments.

Sean:

I will explain this one time and one time only. First, I never claimed that I could not be taken to the ground. That's not the issue of my "open door challenge." Second, you state that the terms of my contract are criminal.....Duh! No kidding! That's my whole point. Hello!!!!! "Reality based" self-defense is about confronting and defending against someone with criminal intent. It's about fighting for your freaking life. Period.

Third, who the hell said anything about using Dim Mak or thumb gouges in my arsenal. When I say, no rules, I mean...NO RULES. I can use anything from a knife to a kitchen sink to destroy my opponent. I can have my buddies work you over with baseball bats when we are both locked up on the ground or I can pull out my 9 mm and blow your ****ing brains all over the wall ....Anything goes in Sammy Franco's open door challenge. Get it!!

My point is that a person would have to be clinically insane to accept such a challenge. However, law abiding citizens are forced into this challenge everyday. This is what true self-defense is all about. Are you learning anything?

Your post clearly demonstrates a "sport minded mentality." When are you going to get it through your thick skull that "sport anything" is not my bag. It never has been and it never will. Winning and losing is bull ****....living and dying is what counts. Are you catching on yet?

You also stated that you are a prelaw student in NY State. Wow! That's real impressive. LOL! However, based on your myopic analysis of my previous posting, it looks like you should definitely consider another career. It's self evident that your reading comprehension and analytical reasoning skills have much to be desired. I wish you luck - you are certainly going to need it!

Sammy Franco
    Now, this is what he posted in the same thread, but it was not quoted on Bullshido. Most of it is just more nonsense, though he brushes briefly against one good point (the idea that average citizens get thrown into situations where they have to fight for their lives without knowing the rules or if there are any--if there were ever a reason to train, that's gotta be up there, though it doesn't quite justify the suggestion to train against ninja snipers wielding ceramic bathroom fixtures.)

My main point is that we're 20 pages into this and we still have people saying "HAhahaHA, he thinks that contract is legal! He thinks he can murder people and the court will lets him goes! Hes stupd im smart hurblefuffleROFLCC!!1!" All this when Franco stated way back when that he intended the challenge to be ridiculous and illegal.

I'm not defending him, I'm picking on people here. It's a fine line, but I think I've walked it well.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/05/2005 11:58am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy7

Like one example I can take right of the top of my head. I went to do a single leg takedown on pavement because the guy just was better boxer than I was. Yeah I took him down, but I had hairline fracture on my knee in the process. Now my gym never addressed that. So I ask my roomate (the RSBD nut) 'bout it, and he goes on to tell me how lucky I was not to have a more serious injury on my knee from the takedown - and how he would have done somethign else for that street situation like a catch spiral takedown.
    How would you expect your gym to address this injury? Did you ask your instructor what went wrong?

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/05/2005 3:49pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant
    i wonder what good ole kimbo is up to these days.
    Rumors are that he and Sean will have a rematch in the UFC. K1 wanted to host it but I guess things fell through. Sean just got a contract with UFC and Kimbo just started training in MMA so it makes you think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2005 11:07pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    How would you expect your gym to address this injury? Did you ask your instructor what went wrong?

I asked and he said I put too much weight on my front knee during the takedown and that I shouldnt have done it on the pavement.

He made me practice it a 100 times afterwards -so I guess it helped in the long run.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 12:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When, schools like Senshido are just as intense as any MMA schools yet change certain aspects to be better adapted towards more unpredictable combat.
    Do you, or have you, trained Senshido?

Military and law enforcement always try and address gun/knife situations - are you telling me that all the training they do is pointless and useless?
    I won't speak on military training since I have never done it. Well, except to say that every single military person I've ever spoken to has agreed that h2h is not their focus and not an important part of their training. But as for LE training I will say these 2 things... 1. RBSD schools do not, from my observation, actually train like LE. And, 2. LE training is oriented toward LE needs, tactics and equipment and is not very applicable to civilian use.

But of course - I'm that troll you're talking about.
    You're a new user with few posts, most in this thread. You list MMA as your style and claim to train it, but basically argue against it (throwing in a few qualifiers like "as" are not enough to disguise your point). You throw out unsupported anecdotes that fit perfectly the stereotypes RBSDers have of MMA/BJJ, yet seem to not understand MMA basics (putting your kneee down on pavement). And when called on your bullshit resort to complaining about being insulted.

All perfect troll behavior.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 10:13pm

Style: MMA/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok now I've seen everything.

Get yours today @ :
    http://www.sammyfranco.com/battlespray.htm

LMFAO, this guy is a complete tool. And I thought SCARS was bad selling jewelery on their website LOL
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222829303132 33 LastLast