Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 313233 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 8:00pm

Style: Wanting to join Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it's not like you can't be killed quickly in an open fight and not use weapons of any kind. That's a big advantage of MA anyway, making your body dangerous.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 9:24pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jostein
    And what did he say`?
    Basically that his time was to valuable to waste on proving disbelivers.

I responded that he needed to take the challenge off his website if he refuses to honor it. Still waiting for his response from that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 9:45pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Might be me, but I thought that the challenge was along the lines of trying to show the absurdity of trying to have a reality based challenge.

Its like - if you say "hand to hand, no friends, no weapons", you're basically saying a MMA fight (plus the gauges and bites). That's not what happens in a street fight no?

Okay - I read 1001 and I gotta say I really liked it. I've read some of his other works and it all seems pretty sound. Thats just my take.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 10:12pm

supporting memberforum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell. Yeah, that's pretty much what happens in a streetfight. People don't take on armed groups every day. Most people will never fight an armed man or a group of assailents.

For RBSD claims to make sense you have to accept their set of assumptions about the world, which are not based in the reality most people dwell in.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 10:14pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was surfing the net and came upon a frazetta like artist named ken kelly. I nticed that his art looked a lot like francos covers. after a few minutes, i found some of them were exactly those prints. here are some of the links to kellys art and the covers franco uses:

Widowmaker
    http://www.kenkellyart.com/cgi-bin/o...hop/00289.html

WarBlade
    http://www.kenkellyart.com/cgi-bin/o...hop/00263.html

War Craft
    http://www.kenkellyart.com/cgi-bin/o...hop/00031.html

does anyne know how franco can use these? does he have permission or is he using them illegally?

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 10:23pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe JKD Chick checked and found out he did have permission.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 10:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    What the hell. Yeah, that's pretty much what happens in a streetfight. People don't take on armed groups every day. Most people will never fight an armed man or a group of assailents.

For RBSD claims to make sense you have to accept their set of assumptions about the world, which are not based in the reality most people dwell in.
    Yeah but in that case most people can avoid fights all together. RSBD is supposed to teach people to defend themselves practically from all sorts of conflicts no?

MMA is great for sports, but its not as applicable to streetfights simply because its designed for competitions. Not handling a deranged lunatic with a fork on pcp.

And either way - even if most people go their entire lives going w/out a fight that involved a knife that's awsome. But it only takes one time for you to walk down that wrong alley and die right?

Besides - I've never seen a one on one barfight. There's all sorts of crazy stuff going on. Chairs, bottles, 4 friends on one guy. MMA isnt oriented towards handling that. Seems like RSBD is.

Dont get me wrong . MMA guys are awsome fighters. But if they're trained to fight in an octagon wouldnt they miss certain things that people that train specifically for a street fight do?

Thats just what I think.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 10:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranoutofsn
    I was surfing the net and came upon a frazetta like artist named ken kelly. I nticed that his art looked a lot like francos covers. after a few minutes, i found some of them were exactly those prints. here are some of the links to kellys art and the covers franco uses:

Widowmaker
    http://www.kenkellyart.com/cgi-bin/o...hop/00289.html

WarBlade
    http://www.kenkellyart.com/cgi-bin/o...hop/00263.html

War Craft
    http://www.kenkellyart.com/cgi-bin/o...hop/00031.html

does anyne know how franco can use these? does he have permission or is he using them illegally?

Thank you for posting links. I am not sure about the art but he tried to tell me the name War Craft was not copyrighted by Blizzard Corporation(makes of the Warcraft game). Whether that is true or not, I do not know.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2005 12:49am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy7
    Yeah but in that case most people can avoid fights all together. RSBD is supposed to teach people to defend themselves practically from all sorts of conflicts no?

MMA is great for sports, but its not as applicable to streetfights simply because its designed for competitions. Not handling a deranged lunatic with a fork on pcp.

And either way - even if most people go their entire lives going w/out a fight that involved a knife that's awsome. But it only takes one time for you to walk down that wrong alley and die right?

Besides - I've never seen a one on one barfight. There's all sorts of crazy stuff going on. Chairs, bottles, 4 friends on one guy. MMA isnt oriented towards handling that. Seems like RSBD is.

Dont get me wrong . MMA guys are awsome fighters. But if they're trained to fight in an octagon wouldnt they miss certain things that people that train specifically for a street fight do?

Thats just what I think.
    I call bullshit. Not on your point, as it would be perfectly valid if not for one fault in your understanding. I call bullshit on the idea that RBSD trains for streetfights in a realistic fashion.

I've been in a multiple opponent scenario and I got out because of a lot of luck and being able to control a single attacker to use him as a shield until it was broken up. I have never seen anything in any RBSD system that would have provided me with a better solution to that situation that wouldn't require equal or greater luck.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/04/2005 12:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy7

Thats just what I think.
    I heard Brian Johnston and Don Frye got in a barfight with about 6 arabs and beat the **** ouf them.