I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 2:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    That clip is hilarious. Yes, getting my face mangled would hurt, but I'll take that over a solid punch any day.

PL
    You know what the really funny thing is, Franco had a little lovers spat with that idiot from Senshido, you know, the dreaded 'SHREDDER' guy!!! :confused5

I can't recall how it went, but supposedly, Franco or the Senshido nut was accusing the other of stealing the shredder technique (the thing you guys see Franco doing in the clip). I guess they realized how stupid it made them seem, they both kissed and made up :kiss: and are now best friends again. :love8:
    Last edited by Kungfoolss; 2/02/2005 2:26am at .
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 3:18am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not much of a technique if what you're doing is randomly mangling your opponent's face. There is no cohesion to it, you just do random stuff. =/

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 7:01am

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grinding some ones face with your hands and elbows may have some validity I guess... the head crank looks more direct thou..

It occurs to me the downside is getting your fingers in their mouth by accident..

it might have something to it thou?

As for the challenge thing? its just another attempt at making a challenge while placing numerous obstacles and caveats that discourage anyone taking up the challenge..

ie not a challenge at all.. any challenge that is DIFFICULT to take up is suspect.

conversely the throwdown format is EASY to take up as the stakes are LOW and you can fight at a level of your own choosing.

the current problem with the throwdown thing is it is a little to 'lite" and "warm blooded" and formats for cross style combat are difficult to arrange short of NHB..

But I suppose it is early days and progressively upping the the stakes and rules in a reasonably safe manner while learning how to create tai chi vs thai boxing (whatever) rules is the sensible way to go.

Franco's site and manner are disturbing for so many reasons but that has been covered rather well in this thread.

Boris
    london

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 9:05am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whatever, kinghtmare can do what he wants........

more to the point though, there is no way Franco would accept and no matter how much crap you spew through the internet its not going to make this fruit go away. He's making a **** load of cash off of this and a pawltry few detractors are of little consequence to him.

I mean really what the **** does he care about some bozo named "knightmare" from bullshido.com who wants to fight him? there's serriously nothing in it for him win or lose. even if he won it would just add small credence to what he's already set up. if anything you picking a fight with this douche adds to his "credibility".....
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Probably because he fights like girl, I'm guessing the tattoos makes him "look" tough. :sad3:

http://www.sammyfranco.com/widowclip.htm

I had one thought: "Ticka ticka ticka ticka ticka!"
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 1:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, guys, nobody seems to have read the entire thread in which Franco issued his "challenge." He specifically and openly stated that the whole purpose of the challenge was to make the point that no challenge match could ever prove the validity of his "art," because his art is made for t3h 57r337 and on the street, people hit you with kitchen sinks and their friends work you over with baseball bats.

He never put that challenge out as something he would actually DO. I'm not defending the guy, but saying he wouldn't honor the challenge as if you're convicting him of fraud is a little silly.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 3:42pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    OK, guys, nobody seems to have read the entire thread in which Franco issued his "challenge." He specifically and openly stated that the whole purpose of the challenge was to make the point that no challenge match could ever prove the validity of his "art," because his art is made for t3h 57r337 and on the street, people hit you with kitchen sinks and their friends work you over with baseball bats.

He never put that challenge out as something he would actually DO. I'm not defending the guy, but saying he wouldn't honor the challenge as if you're convicting him of fraud is a little silly.
    Thats funny, because the email I just got from him doesnt seem to say that.

Make the point that no challenge match could ever prove the validity of his art? What part did you read man? It seems he thinks the match could prove how great his art is, the challenge is littered with instances of this. Why would he go through all the trouble of typing that up just to say ''IT PROVES THAT NO CHALLENGE CAN EVER PROVE THE VALIDITY OF MY ART". Read it again, its on the front page. He seems pretty intent on making it seem like he wants the challenge to happen to prove how great CFA is, especially when he requires 10 grand for it.
    Last edited by Knightmare; 2/02/2005 3:50pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 7:34pm

Style: Wanting to join Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This Franco guy sounds a couple beers short of a six pack, what kind of legal "challenge" is that? Like someone said before me, hand to hand no help from friends, no weapons sounds pretty good.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 7:38pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    This Franco guy sounds a couple beers short of a six pack, what kind of legal "challenge" is that? Like someone said before me, hand to hand no help from friends, no weapons sounds pretty good.
    Thats what I proposed to him. Anything goes just no outside help or use of weapons. Eye Gouging/Biting/Groin Strikes - All that is perfectly legal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 8:00pm

Style: BJJ and WT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    Thats what I proposed to him. Anything goes just no outside help or use of weapons. Eye Gouging/Biting/Groin Strikes - All that is perfectly legal.

And what did he say`?