Sponsored Links Spacer Image

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 5:36pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranoutofsn
    isnt that clip of franco speeded up? does he expect for people not notice that he has increased the speed of the video? (look at the speed of the camera artifact -- the camera jerks, thats a dead give-away).
    Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it, but who am I to know, I have only been doing film editing for the past 5 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 5:44pm

Style: BJJ and WT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it, but who am I to know, I have only been doing film editing for the past 5 years.

Well the fuckerrr says it aint,but after all the lies he has been teling everyone on his forum and on his tapes,i dont doubt that it is speeded up!

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 6:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a friend in Washington DC who owns at boat in Baltimore. I just emailed Sammy asking if he wants to do the challenge in International Waters(25 miles from any countries coast/no laws apply) on the boat.I will let you know if he responds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 6:20pm

Style: BJJ and WT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    I have a friend in Washington DC who owns at boat in Baltimore. I just emailed Sammy asking if he wants to do the challenge in International Waters(25 miles from any countries coast/no laws apply) on the boat.I will let you know if he responds.

I highly doubt that he will answere.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 6:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jostein
    I highly doubt that he will answere.
    I sense another punking happening then, kinda like Ashida Kim. Although I'd like to whoop this douche bag's ass.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 6:23pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kill him. Chum the water. Throw his body in. Never look back.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 12:03am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just be a little careful. He might not have the real kung-fu, but he's still a big, strong guy, of dubious morality. Expecting him to be a pud on an Ashida Kim level might be asking for trouble.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 12:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Just be a little careful. He might not have the real kung-fu, but he's still a big, strong guy, of dubious morality. Expecting him to be a pud on an Ashida Kim level might be asking for trouble.

I see what you are getting at. He seems kind of nutty to be putting out some of the stuff he does. Some of his videos covers are a little, weird.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 1:09am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just saying, a b-s attitude, or even fighting system, doesn't equal an automatic win for detractors...ashida kim is a total physical non presence, whereas I could see sammy actually roughing someone up, esp. if he had them at a disadvantage...there are probably plenty of people in the world that sammy franco could beat up with no trouble, even if he never had an ounce of training. I looked at that tape again (I too edit video)...and I can't say for CERTAIN that it's been sped up, but it seems to burst and lag in a way that would indicate some of the motions have been, ah . . . 'polished' a little.

Also, it doesn't look effective to me. If a guy tried to wrap both hands around my head like that, I just really think I'd win...my first thought was honestly of a blind person getting a sense of what someone looked like when I watched that...
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 1:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I'm just saying, a b-s attitude, or even fighting system, doesn't equal an automatic win for detractors...ashida kim is a total physical non presence, whereas I could see sammy actually roughing someone up, esp. if he had them at a disadvantage...there are probably plenty of people in the world that sammy franco could beat up with no trouble, even if he never had an ounce of training. I looked at that tape again (I too edit video)...and I can't say for CERTAIN that it's been sped up, but it seems to burst and lag in a way that would indicate some of the motions have been, ah . . . 'polished' a little.

Also, it doesn't look effective to me. If a guy tried to wrap both hands around my head like that, I just really think I'd win...my first thought was honestly of a blind person getting a sense of what someone looked like when I watched that...

Most self defense fighting systems like that are designed with the mindset that the attacker has new prior knowledge in martial arts. I know if someone came to me to gouge my eyes I would throw a kick and if he even got a hold of my head I would start throwing knees. You can spot the flaws in CFA. Honestly, who in here would go up to someone in a street fight, hands extended and try to gouge their eyes? They wont stand their, theyll flail around to avoid the pain. If this guy doesnt know who Wanderlei Silva or Ken Shamrock is(stated in his forums) how does he know about the possible muggers he might encounter??? To be honest, I think hes just trying to make a quick buck, and its sad that people unwillingly buy into this and have a false sense of security. I would rather hurt him and show everyone it doesnt work than have some 17 year old try it while being mugged and getting murdered. But back to my original statement, I dont see him accepting the challenge and putting the integrity of his style on the line. People seeing that CFA doesnt work = No money for Franco.
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29303132 ... LastLast