Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 5:45pm

Style: shido/ streetfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jubei33
    i dont remember race ever gutting a man with his survial knife :violent1:
    He would of, but it was too violent for the 60's. Remember another show that went by the name of Birdman. A very sucessful show but it got cancelled for being to violent!

Also, he would not need to gut a man cuz he is an martial arts expert!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 5:48pm

Style: shido/ streetfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    I need a picture of Race in his Judo outfit. I will use it as my screensaver.
    Word! Jonny Quest had the best music, like when every the boys was being chased this symphony music would play!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2005 3:49pm

Style: BJJ and WT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant
    Osiris, we are like right around the corner from that guy we should go inflict some pwnage. me and another MMA friend are trying to find out where he's located.apparently i used to grapple with this kid that trains with franco and i used to annihilate him all the time and that was back when i was a white belt.

haha, i created an account on his forum

http://www.network54.com/Forum/threa...&lp=1106547807

Ignorant bro werent you gonna find Sammys adress and challenge him?It took me 2 mins to find his adress,i can PM you it,and you can show up at his door and kick his ass :)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2005 5:13pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****. I knew the name of that small piece of **** town out of Washington DC sounded familiar. Gaithersburg is where an ex of mine grew up.

Potential for hilarity has increased here, provided I can get in touch with her.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2005 5:32pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by justA black guy
    Naw see hear, Race Bannon is an O.G.. Therefore, he has been doing things like this before Brock Samson was conceived! From my extensive knowledge on these subjects, (which in fact is quite sad) Race Bannon has experienced and got out of every hazardous situation that Brock Samson has never been in before.

If you want to throw time in the factor, Race Bannon did stuff in the 60's. You don't have the aid of technology, like in the Brock Samson era.

And Brock Samsons villains donít even pose a real threat! Now who rulez! :badgrin:
    a) brock doesn't use technology, he even refuses to use guns. all he uses is his knife.

b) race bannon died, brock saw him die. he was even poked by some kids.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 1:26am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just in case anyone missed this from another thread, I thought I would post it here. I saw that somoene else posted this on Franco's site last week, within a couple of hours he denied it and took the thread down.
    (p.s., I have some early video from 1984 of franco at a dan inosanto seminar - he's not very proficient...and how did he start his cfa in 83 if he was still doing wing chun and fma in 84?...(i can post some captures from the video if anyone is interested).

I can tell you something about Franco's training. I was there for much of it. He must have been around 18 or 20 when he was training with a wing chun/filipino ma instructor named Ray Mars in Bethesda around 1983/4. As I understood it, Ray was Ruby Chows nephew and had known Bruce Lee for a time. Ray also trained with Dan Inosanto and taught some fma. I think Franco may have trained for a year or so there, I have a video of a Dan Inosanto seminar in March, 1984 in Baltimore when Ray Mars and several of his students attended (including Franco - even though Franco's site says he started CFA in 1983...things that make you go hmmm...). Ray Mars moved to L.A. soon after that to produce movies or some such. I believe George Lee was a student of Ray Mars who also trained a little with Richard Bustillo or Ted Wong and began his own group in Northern VA (I am not sure about that). George Lee isnt listed on the Inosanto Academy list as being an instructor under Dan Inosanto.

I think some of Ray Mars guys trained in a sort of a club after Mars left, I am not sure if Franco trained there. One of Ray Mars guys who also trained with Finlay was Steve Braughn. I hear he is still in Maryland and teaching jkd & fma somewhere.

From there Franco trained with a Burmese boxing/Bando/Muay Thai instructor at a club at University of Maryland in College Park. The instructor's name was Pat Finlay. Finlay was also the senior instructor/rep under Dan Inosanto in JF/JKD and Fma at that time. I was in that club, too. Franco didnt come regularly and didnt like the hard full-contact sparring (kickboxing and stick) that Finlay did. Finlay and some of the other students used to go real hard and pretty well handled Franco when they sparred (he was a pretty boy and didnt like getting hit). He didnt like that type of hard sparring mentality. He didnít last long there (maybe a year or so, but as I said he trained there sporadically).

I have read some of Francoís books and seen a couple of videos. The stick and knife stuff comes directly from Finlay. Its where I learned it too. Even the modified fencers mask he uses for stick and knife stuff was Finlayís design (Finlay added the throat guard to what Inosanto was using at the time). I guess Franco doesnít know about the current full-contact fma gear, or maybe he doesnt go hard enough to need itÖlol. In one of Francos early books he even mentions Bando and JKD as two of the arts he had studied (guess they were crash courses).

The last formal place where I saw Franco as a student was at Dan Magnus in Rockville around 1986/7. Magnus was a 4-time World Light and Middleweight Kickboxing Champion in the late '70s and early '80s. When Franco was at his school and Dan had him spar full or semi-contact, he ran in the ring (he didnt like getting hit, just lkike at the UM club). To try and help him over his fear of getting hit, Dan got in with him and let Franco land a few shots. After that, Franco went around bragging how he had beat up on the champ. When word got back to Dan that Franco was making the boasts, Magnus wasnt too happy. He got Franco into the ring one day and taught Franco some humility (pummelinghim pretty good). Franco never came back after that (must have been around 1987/8). Guess thats when he decided to start his own style..lol.

Franco also began to bounce around that time at a club in one of the hotels on Rockville Pike in Maryland. The type of club that attracted mostly community college students and townies (hardly the rough and tumble type he speaks of on his site). After that I left the area for several years, so maybe he did bounce in those biker-type bars...lol. I have also read on his site how he beat up most of his martial arts teachers because of his CFA method and sheer toughness..lol. Wonder what Magnus, Finlay, and Mars would have to say about that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 3:40am

Style: MMA/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude you should totally post some screen caps from that seminar. If you could post the vid that would be even better. Sammy is a fucking clown and any blue belt in BJJ would tool him and his students. Supposedly Sammy never sparred or rolled with his students, and his students rarely sparred or rolled too. Theres this kid named Ryan who trains @ SBG in NYC with Christian Montes who was Sammy's student for years, had a falling out with Sammy and totally outed him for the clown he is. Than after Ryan was training with SBG for like a yeaar he went on to win his weight division @ NAGA, and Sammy got on his forum and said that Ryan couldn't handle the training @ CFA cause it was so hardcore. LMFAO!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 4:17am

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jostein, sure go ahead and pm me the information id be up to swing by his school. the next time ill be in gaithersburg will be this summer, i left a challenge post on his forum but he deleted it. i just took that as a no from him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 6:06am

Style: BJJ and WT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he doesnt want to fight,then there is no need for me to PM yu the adress.Maybe he is not a WarMachine after all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 4:23pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

vid caps of franco - how do you post them?

Anyone tell me how to post some of the vid caps on Franco on this thing?