Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 9:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gee its impossible that someone along the way could of, on the other side of the world, worked out that if they put their fist vertical that they could get a different effect. Thats just CRAZY!!!
    "Pussyhole"

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 9:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arguing about wing chun is the verbal equivalent to chasing your tail, as I have sadly learned.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 10:10pm

Style: MantisShrimpFu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread has turned into yet another example of why we here at Bullshido don't take Wing Chun seriously; stop talking about boxing...just STFU.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 10:11pm

Style: BJJ / Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Emiare_Pac
    funny that didnt boxing come from pugilism which punch with a vertical fist aswell??? read this!!! i put this on another thread aswell. wing chun punches are almost identical to the pugilist punches in the pictures.
    That's a pretty good article, i used to guffaw every time I saw a pugilists guard on a period TV show/movie whatever in a fight scene. Now i'll think twice about guffawing...that said, I would like to see video of a bareknuckle fight of old pugi-style vs. modern boxing...pikeys with nikes??

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 10:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by JackHanma
    This thread has turned into yet another example of why we here at Bullshido don't take Wing Chun seriously; stop talking about boxing...just STFU.
    Why can there be no similarities between pugilism and WC?Both are arts that are focus on punching. What does that comparison alone show that causes WC to lack merit? Why is it so improbable that both arts had a vertical fist for the same reason?
    "Pussyhole"

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 11:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Das Moose, good work mate on putting this up here.
    "Pussyhole"

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 11:11pm

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, good work.
    What I donīt get is why WC is bashed sooo much.
    Sure, most schools suck ass...but so are most Kung-Fu and Karate schools (donīt tell me you havenīt ever seen a Bagua school that sucked). But the hard fighters in those styles, while a minority, gain more respect from practicing those styles than if they did boxing.
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 11:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its bashed because of lack of proof, chi-sau nut riders and like all other bullshido outrageous claims.
    My school just like everyone else says is different, we have had competers in kickboxing tournaments who have been victorious on a number of occasions, we train grappling under the best in Australia (bjj) because WC lacks a strong grappling base (at least in my lineage), we have free sparring and techniques are trained on varying levels of aliveness. I have personally used what I have learned on a couple of occasions.
    So I have faith in it.
    "Pussyhole"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 11:24pm

Style: TMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Emiare_Pac
    funny that didnt boxing come from pugilism which punch with a vertical fist aswell??? read this!!! i put this on another thread aswell. wing chun punches are almost identical to the pugilist punches in the pictures.

Very interesting read there. Thanks for that bit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2004 1:28am

Style: MantisShrimpFu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Darting Fingers
    Why can there be no similarities between pugilism and WC?Both are arts that are focus on punching. What does that comparison alone show that causes WC to lack merit? Why is it so improbable that both arts had a vertical fist for the same reason?
    First, mordern boxing has vertical fists just not straight vertical fists (once against proving WCers should STFU about boxing). Second, no one said that you shouldn't use a vertical fist, I said you should not hit with the smaller knuckles.

Why does WC lack merit, because the claim that the vertical fist where the bottom three knuckles are the contact point is safer than hitting with larger knuckles is wrong. The boxer's fracture is due to the power created by improved machanics and an improper fist. Most wrist injuries occur along the Ulna side not the Radial so hitting in a way that puts more pressure on the weak side of the wrist and hand is stupid; end of discussion.

What I know:

1. You cannot generate the same force with a WC straight punch as you can with a boxing punch.
    2. Hitting with the lower three knuckles will injure your hand...I know because I listened to idiots like you and got myself hurt. Stop telling people bullshit like this and causing injuries.

Question: If BKB boxing style is so close WC and WC style punches are the best then why don't they punch like that in MMA (where the gloves are small and rules similiar to pugilism) or BK Karate?
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast