Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 2930313238 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2004 9:42pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK. So, imagine I am standing square ( i am well aware most styles don't stand square) Punch me on either side, and my body will rotate around an axis, spin. So power is lost, hopefully you understand this. Hit me where the axis is, and I don't spin, power is not lost, it goes straight into me with nowhere to go.

Posted On:
    7/11/2004 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That just tells me that the squared stance of wing chun makes it easier for me to damage a wing chun fighter than a comparable fighter of another style.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    7/11/2004 10:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2004 10:16pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it tells you that, then you must be a little slow.

if you don't understand, say 'i don't understand.'
    Last edited by waapwoop; 7/11/2004 10:22pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 1:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MrMcFu: Yep, pretty much. I'm thinking rather than having all the posts deleted, i'm just going to add to the FAQ saying "Don't bother reading beyond the first page, it's all downhill from here."
    why not use all the key issues and questions asked in this thread and then make a closed thread where you can answer the questions.

after everyone got over the bitch session this thread was actually getting good

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 1:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK. So, imagine I am standing square ( i am well aware most styles don't stand square) Punch me on either side, and my body will rotate around an axis, spin. So power is lost, hopefully you understand this. Hit me where the axis is, and I don't spin, power is not lost, it goes straight into me with nowhere to go.
    i can see where shumagorath is coming from. are you saying that the square stance is ****? or what because that is the way it is comign across as....

"i don't understand"

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 2:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Shumagorath
    Soccer ball? By that logic, all of your strikes should be delivered to the abdomen, or possibly the sternum and the spot between the eybrows.
    Haven't dropped in in several pages but....

That's a pretty good idea. As long as you keep hitting along the centerline like that it's pretty hard to slip the blows and you are much more likely to hit a pressure point.

Abdomen.....towards the top you got the solar plexus, towards the bottom there's the bladder.

Sternum.....the strenum is a great target. Miss low and you get the solar plexus again. Miss high and your at the throat. Hitting the sternum directly is a great shot with an open palm. Move off to the sides and your stuck with the pecks which are pretty impossible to damage.

Spot between the eybrows.......great target, just becarefull to to punch the forehead without gloves on. ;)
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 2:03am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woo! A wing chun theory stands up to scrutiny... The centreline pwns.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 2:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by JackHanma
    WTF! That is the dumbest guard I ever seen. He's not protecting his temple, liver, plexus, groin, throat, nose...anything....at least Genki Sudo's "guard" is fun to watch that's just painful. What's going to stop me from throwing a left jab at his chin? Why is he standing straight up?
    Most Chinese styles have you standing pretty verticle most of the time. If you lean forward to open up more to uppercuts and if you actually bob under punches boxing style, you open yourself up more to knees. So a more verticle asance lends itself to slipping horizontally or even leaning back a bit to evade.

The left jab to the chin - You didn't say which guy so I'll explain both.

Joy can defend with a bong sau.
    The other guy with a fook sau.

Their hands are already in contact so it's really impossible to be fast enough to get to his face with the lead hand without him being able to stop it.

liver -
    Joy's liver is covered by his elbow.
    The other guys liver is not in danger because joys hand is on the inside and would have to get to the outside and turn him counterclockwise to get a liver shot in.

Solar plexus - completely covered on both sides as they are both attempting to hold the centerline. You have to go through the centerline to get to the solar plexus.

Throst, nose - See my answer to the lead jab. Any motion towards the face will be felt be the lead arm.

Groin - Blocked by raising the knee. Again, who ever can hold the centerline, this time with the raised leg, will have targets down below but if your opponent brings his lead leg up as well the only one to tend to get a chance at is their rear knee from the inside.

Any more questions? ;)

Jeez, and I don't even train WC.

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    7/12/2004 2:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omar . . . . your local WC theory police enforcer. :)

Bah!!! Puny Humans.