222001 Bullies, 4139 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    7/06/2004 11:05pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Shumagorath If you really do feel confident in your training, why do you give a **** what anyone else thinks?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2004 11:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes I read that.

So why are you posting on a discussion forum?

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    7/06/2004 11:18pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've said what I wanted, no sense in repeating it. But I will, seeing as you've missed it :)

"For me, the proof is in the pudding. I have been hit very very hard very many times by instructors using that fist, and the bottom 2 or 3 knuckles, and the only thing weak about it is my face when it crumples around their fist.

I think it is an exaggeration that it is as weak as you say, and I say this because I have been doing it for 4 years without injury against a wide variety of surfaces, both human and not, and, basically, it isn't weak."

By the jab and the cross, I mean that I can use the body mechanics such as torque to do those movements but use a vertical fist on impact.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2004 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm... Yeh, it seems very akward to me, but ok, if it works for you.

I train primarily in wing chun as well, but I tend not to trap or chain punch, or punch with a vertical fist when sparring. I'm a very confused individual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2004 11:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ahh using a vertical punch, punch a hard surface (not a brick with rough edges) try polished wood around your house and first use the top knuckles and then try with the bottom three and then try with the bottom two. Which one feels the best?

another test you can do is place your vertical fist against the wall and have an out stretched hand with your elbow parrallel to the ground. and then lean on your wrist, first lean on your top two knuckles and then try it with the bottom three. which one feels the best?

anways i use the vertical fist and when i make contact i use the middle two knuckles, the pinky knuckle is a little further back and so does not make contact with the two middle knuckles.

personally i wouldnt punch using the pinky finger to make direct contact while punching, but i also wouldnt use my fist when punching/palming someone in the back of the head, all any area around the skull excluding the face because your hand will break no matter what fist you use. it's like trying to break a brick with wood. the wood will always break. i have seen it too often aswell when someone tries to punch someone i the back of the head and their hands end up either swelling up or breaking any one of their knuckles. usually the index knuckle and the pinky knuckle... i would use my palm to punch that area of the skull.
    Last edited by Emiare_Pac; 7/06/2004 11:55pm at .

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    7/07/2004 12:26am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't have **** to say on another dumb ass WC thread until Hanma started raving like a lunatic.
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    7/07/2004 12:27am

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WC: The style for the cool, orient-motivated social suicide.
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    7/07/2004 12:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note to self: cool dudes don't do WC.
    "Pussyhole"

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    7/07/2004 12:41am

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note to self: Cool dudes do Pimp-Jutsu.
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    7/07/2004 12:51am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note to self: Truely cool dudes should avoid MA and internet message boards. . .

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...threadid=14159
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast