Sponsored Links Spacer Image

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    9/25/2004 12:14am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait list? that's a first.

there's so many things wrong with this that you've dug yourself a hole to crawl out of already. Never heard of a wait list except when watching the pilot for "KungFu"

It sounds like Bullshido already, but give us something more to work with. Maybe you've got something cool, maybe you've got dung. I never thought I'd like San Shou before i watched it and got hooked IMMEDIATELY. 30 seconds into a san shou match and I was nearly getting a stiffy somewhere deep down in my brain. Could be fun. Could be CRAP. Unfortunately, it's already leaning toward the crap on the Crap-O-meter.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Posted On:
    9/25/2004 1:02pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Nejad Martial Arts

Originally posted by dm39
    Everyone,

I am a former student of Robert Vingiquerra. I am the 3rd person he ever promoted to Black Belt. I also attended high school with him, so I can comment on him both as a person, and as a martial artist.

I began training with Robert in 1982-83, after my Isshin-Ryu instructor stopped teaching due to health reasons.

Robert was running the school in Washington, PA for his Instructor at the time Behrooz Nejad for whom the system is named.

Behrooz Nejad was a member of the Elite Guard for the deposed Shah of Iran, and when he left Iran on 1979-80, he settled in the St. Clairsville Ohio area. In later years, Behrooz was arrested in U.A.E. for a situation in which he shot a man during an arms deal (He was involved in small arms and security work on the side). Robert was a Nidan at the time, and became the de facto head of the Nejad system.

Dave McDonnell
    Good post David, though I doubt the unit you are refering to was called "The Elite Guard" though it may have been an elite security unit. In college I wrote my thesis on the Shah of Iran and never heard of a security unit by that name, but I could always be wrong. Do you have any further info on that unit?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2004 2:56pm

Style: Muay Thai, Jun Fan, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Re: Nejad Martial Arts

All I have EVER been able to find, was a short 5 minute segment on a tv show here in PA, called evening magazine.. I recently encoded it for my computer, it is approximately
    50 MB or so. If you have a public FTP site available, I will send it to you.. Teh way it is stated in the clip is that he was asked to accompany the Shah as his personal bodyguard, and that he was a member of the unit that provided protection to the Shah.. At this point, we have no way of verifying the truthfullness of any of it, because of the trouble he got in,.. he is probably long dead..

I also have a newspaper clipping or two describing the situation where the guy was killed..I will look for it as well..

Dave

Originally posted by Samuel Browning
    Good post David, though I doubt the unit you are refering to was called "The Elite Guard" though it may have been an elite security unit. In college I wrote my thesis on the Shah of Iran and never heard of a security unit by that name, but I could always be wrong. Do you have any further info on that unit?

Posted On:
    9/25/2004 3:10pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The newspaperclippings would be interesting, I don't have a FTP site.

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    9/25/2004 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Presumably refers to SAVAK, yes?
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Posted On:
    9/25/2004 6:03pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good question Xango, SAVAK's Fourth Department "provided physical and personal security for SAVAK and trained security personnel for other government agencies." Earnest R. Oney, "The Eyes and Ears of the Shah", The Intelligence Quarterly, Volume 1, No. 4, Feb 1986. This does not say however that they were the Shah's bodyguard.

I'm looking through my various books to see if I can pin down a very faint memory on this subject.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 2:56pm

Style: Muay Thai, Jun Fan, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Samuel,

You may very well be correct about the name "Elite Guard". Savak is more than likely to be the name I was searching for.. I am including a link to a clip that I found yaers ago that may be where I heard the term "Elite Guard" I think its probably a case of journalistic license, as the reporter in this piece probably got the term wrong..

anyway, whether or not the clip is entirely accurate should not reflect on Robert V. as I have stated my opinions of him in previous posts..

Enjoy the clip..
    http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/som/bmp/nejad.asp

David McDOnnell
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678