Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:15pm

Style: Nejad and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nejad Martial Arts

Hey, this is my first post here. I thought that you all would like to know a little about Nejad(the MA I take). I will just give you some facts. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I have only been taking MA for 6 months so I am sure there is tons to still be found out.

Nejad is made up of many different arts they include BJJ, TKD, Kenpo, Tang Soo Do, Muay Thai, Jeet Kune Do, and Hapkido. There may be more but I don't know of them. My teacher is Master Robert Vingiquerra. He is a 5th dan Black Belt(The highest you can be in our system) He has Trained with Grandmaster Dillman, Grandmaster Tracey Hannah, Grandmaster Nejad, Danny Inosanto(One of Bruce Lee first and best students), and more. He went to the Olympics when he was 18. While at the Olympics he won a tournament out of 1,000 people to be the first to start to teach Nejad in the states. He was the #1 Master in Pennsylvania in 2001-2002 he stopped competing after that. Our dojo is home to the State and National 13-14 year old Black Belt Champion. The adult state champion, and the 10 year old Brown Belt State Champion. Our dojo is one of the nicest in the state. It has over 5,000 square feet of training area. With 16 Powerline Wavemaster bags. 6 BOB bags. 2 VTS's. 2 Wing Chun dummies. Tons of Mitts, leg stretchers and more.

Nejad is a more Scientific type of art. We are not very traditional and have no problem modifying something so it works with the anatomy of the body better. There are not many "flashy" kicks we only do what we see practical. We use some pressure points but we do not strike a lot in a row like Grandmaster Dillman teaches. They seem to work well, though I must say I have never used them in a real altercation yet.

I hope this gives you a slight understanding and some information on Nejad. If you have any questions please answer I would be more then glad to answer them.

JamEs
    Last edited by nitroice0069; 7/03/2004 1:56pm at .

X

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dillman = the 'hole' in 'asshole'. Others, might be OK.

So, what language is 'Nejad'? & what does it mean?

& what does 'science' have to do with anything concerning Dillman? are you crazy??!?!?

Psi Vampire Bane

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How often do you train agaisnt resisting opponents? How often do you spar? Is it full contact, continuous sparring, or point sparring. I don't want to draw conclusions before I have this information.
    Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:32pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So did he go the the Olympics to help set up or something?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LLL- I already said that we do not use everything Dillman teaches. We do none of that Chi stuff and we don't strike 20+ points to get a desired effect. We do you some pressure points though. Just basic ones.

OneWingedAngel- We train against resisting opponents 4 hours a week. Sparring is full contact but with pads. We do many variations depending on how our instructor feels. Sometime we grapple sometimes we stand sometimes we do both. We also do situation were we are facing a wall and a person behind us does whatever they like(They are not aloud to punch to the back of the head though). We then have to defend against it.

Pizdof- No he went to the Olympics and represented the USA.

More questions welcome.

JamEs

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:38pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The event was chair stacking, the medal ceremony was not televised. He must be very old to have taken and mastered soooo many art forms. It's this kind of thing that will be make BJJ look bad, guys like this who claim it's part of their style who are obviously lying. Here's a clue, BUYING A MARIO SPERRY TAPE DOES NOT QUALIFY YOU TO TEACH BJJ. No offense to Mario or any of his students.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

X

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, so do you do 'no touch knockouts' or not? ?pther **** connected with Dillman? ?if you don't, then why not get associated with someone else?

Psi Vampire Bane

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:44pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by nitroice0069
    We also do situation were we are facing a wall and a person behind us does whatever they like(They are not aloud to punch to the back of the head though). We then have to defend against it.
    How do you defend against something you can't see?
    Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TylerDurden- I never said he did all of those arts. That is what Nejad is made of. He is a 5th Dan Black Belt in Nejad as mentioned before. He is also a Black Belt in Kenpo and a red sash in something(I forget to be honest). Grandmster Tracey Hannah is one of the greatest people that have studied Tang Soo Do. There are then other people that have helped Grandmaster Nejad make Nejad martial arts. We don't have 100% percent of all those martial arts. They were studied then the moves that were thought to be needed were practiced and put into Nejad. A master in BJJ would beat my master in grappling but we just have a couple of BJJ techniques in our system. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. More Questions welcome.

JamEs
    Last edited by nitroice0069; 7/03/2004 1:22pm at .

X

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 12:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, what if I shoot my chi at you NOW! ->>>
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast