Three quarter side forearm choke.

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by 5FingazofDeath
    To make it even cheaper is when you have your back taken, if you could grab the guys ankles and cross them yourself - that is funny ****. Just make sure that he doesnt trap your arm with his leg!
    That is how I scored my one and only submission to date in BJJ class.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 12:56am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the 'cheapest' move used in BJJ is the face choke. Guys that lack the technique to get a clean technique will just put their arm across the bridge of the nose and crank down. That stuff sorta pisses me off. Well, that and finger bending.

Some people think that going for footlocks is cheap. In the old days it was considered cheap. These days its a viable way of submission. The problem occurs when that the ONLY thing people try. I see people who never bothered to learn proper guard passing techniques, instead they continue to sit back into a footlock. Usually these guys found it was an easy way of tapping white belts. But once they start hanging with more experienced guys they find themselves mounted and in serious trouble. However, at the upper tiers of grappling you find that the quick footlock submission makes a comeback against midlevel grapplers who have gotten too cocky in their ability to just ride the footlock up into the mount against novices. It seems that the once cheap technique has become a staple against guard pullers everywhere. And this is good.

Oh yeah. The other 'cheap' technique is the fat guy smother. Jesus it annoys me to see the fatbodies do this to people. The only way to make them pay for using this kind of technique is to ride them with knee on belly until they turn green.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 1:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido Yrkoon. Are you the same Yrkoon from Sherdog and ADCC?

The cheapest move is the chin in the eye socket or the neck crank from the kasa gatama position ala Mark Coleman vs. Severn. Takes almost no skill to pull off.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 2:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omsplatta if you can pull it off. I was screwing around and triangled a much larger opponent the other day (100kbrute - time to start posting biatch!!!) . . .

I should have known something was up when he told me he had just watched Sakuraba versus Rampage. He lifted me straight up as if to slam, but being the nice guy he is, he didn't drop the hammer . . .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Yrkoon9
    Oh yeah. The other 'cheap' technique is the fat guy smother. Jesus it annoys me to see the fatbodies do this to people. The only way to make them pay for using this kind of technique is to ride them with knee on belly until they turn green.
    Ditto.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 5:34pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fist in the throat, or jammed into the jaw bone.

Yeah, it'll make me tap but I could've punched you in the balls 8 or 9 times while we were rolling. I didn't, because it's cheap and illegal.

What you did was not cheap, it merely showed up your partners lack of defense.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 6:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too many people get told not to choke from inside someone's guard because you'll get armbarred, but don't actually learn how to deal with someone choking them from there. Sometimes I'll choke white or blue belts from inside their guard if they keep their legs closed. It's a bastard of a thing to do to them, but at least they'll realise that they need to learn how to deal with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 6:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like an Esekial (SP?) choke nothing cheap about it. Really easy to get out of if he has you in his guard... he must really suck

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 7:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The choke I'm talking about is my left hand grabbing his right lapel and pushing it across and into his throat, my right hand pulling hard on his left lapel. So not the Ezekial choke. You need to take the pressure of the choke first before going for the armbar - especially if I'm standing and I've got my hips bearing down on him and my elbows in close to my legs to make it hard for him to move his hips and armbar me. To counter this you need to put both hands on his left hand, put your feet or knees in his hips and push his hips away and his arm off your throat. Of course this opens up your legs and allows him the chance to pass, but it's better than tapping from having someone choke you in your guard.

It's too hard to go for the sweep if the guy has good base, plus he's controlling your lapels and his weight is on your neck making it hard to move your body to set a sweep up.

Sometimes if the guy just won't open his legs you can use this choke to make him go for an armbar, then start your pass (assuming of course that you're good at countering the armbar if you get caught).
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast