Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 2:08pm

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or even "Cure-All"
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2004 9:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with JKD chick. Bruce lee abandoned his schools because he felt it would be to easy for people to mistake what he was teaching for "the way." He continued to teach privately. Many people have misinterpreted JKD, codified it and taught it as any other TMA. But to the people who take the principles and concepts of JKD, modify them to suit there own needs and create their own way, to them JKD is very relevant and I think Bruce Lee would be proud.

How do I shot web?

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: JKDC, Kali, Swords

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by gojuJKDdude
    I agree with JKD chick. Bruce lee abandoned his schools because he felt it would be to easy for people to mistake what he was teaching for "the way." He continued to teach privately. Many people have misinterpreted JKD, codified it and taught it as any other TMA. But to the people who take the principles and concepts of JKD, modify them to suit there own needs and create their own way, to them JKD is very relevant and I think Bruce Lee would be proud.
    I agree 100%. I happen to be a person who read the Tao Of Jeet Kune Do and actually (gasp!) liked it. "Do what works for YOU" is a very LOGICAL approach to combat. Why piss about it?

*edited for spelling*

Quote Originally Posted by ggboxer
    You know what, the hell with this ****. I'll leave my lame ass bitching ways and suck off the site management as my compliments, but I'll maintain my boobtastic status here always.

X

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've read a BOOK?

*edited for max assholeness

How do I shot web?

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: JKDC, Kali, Swords

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by LLL
    You've read a BOOK?

*edited for max assholeness

Ok, I set my self open for that, but let me explain. That book is what got me interested in the martial arts, Afterwards, I found an actual INSTRUCTOR in JKD concepts, though it took me awhile to locate one in UTAH (ugh). My basis for supporting JKD is not resting solely on what I read in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by ggboxer
    You know what, the hell with this ****. I'll leave my lame ass bitching ways and suck off the site management as my compliments, but I'll maintain my boobtastic status here always.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 4:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you live in utah? that sucks

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody should attempt to use what works best for them.
    That's just stupid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 7:35pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't you know - Utah has a special state program in training its Mormon citizens in Jeet Kune Do and several supersecret, lethal ki power martial arts styles? You must have missed the flyer. They plan on separating from the rest of the Union and are preparing for combat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 9:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is why I don't understand why when there are polls for greatest martial artists dead or alive, people act like it's retarded to have Bruce Lee on the list. I knowa lot of people are completely obsessed with him cuz he kicked ass in the movies, but the rest of the people who really liked him (including myself) for real reasons, liked him cuz of the whole thing about not sticking to one way and one style just cuz tradition is so strict and you must honor the old masters and whatever. He said learn as much as you can, from all the styles you can, and use whatever works in whatever situation, until it becomes like second nature, and you don't go into a fight thinking I'm gonna fight like this, or like that, and instead you just react and do whatever works best. All his philosophy made sense, and I don't care what anybody says, the book was good and it had a lot of interesting ideas. I'm not saying he was a god, or he should be worshipped, but stop dissing the guy. He deserves some kind of respect for having the balls to do what he did and say what he said, even if you don't agree with his ideas.
    Last edited by KuNg FooL; 7/04/2004 9:32pm at .

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 11:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think JKD was just a philosophy, point of view on how to fight. Not really a style. Bruce Lee never meant it to be that way. I also know he taught JKD very differently for all of his students back in the 60's and 70's when he was teaching in Los Angelas and Seattle.

JKD is a persnal thing and is Bruce Lees way of how fighting should be. So unless its Bruce Lee who is teaching you.... is it that effective ?

In Sydney the quality of JKD differs from school to school. One that I saw was just kickboxing with some takedowns. But there are supposed to be others which are quite good.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast