Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/29/2002 8:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vargas,
    How can one man be so sane? You act as reasonably as someone who has a reputation at stake, rather than someone who can do whatever they want behind internet anonymity.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2002 8:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dudes,

I know the Hawk man and he is a whole bunch of whoop ass.

Sorry Bria wrong match.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2002 11:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you all have the wrong idea. One style can win it for you. This brian guy obviousily just sucked. You all are way too wrapped up in UFC. Its nice to watch but I mean it doesnt mean everything.

Bring out the windbreakers, I feel a storm coming on!

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    12/29/2002 11:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SRyuFighter...that's right, we all know Okinawan Goju Ryu is where it's at! :P

I do agree that UFC is overhyped, but I honestly think it has the right idea in that it allows people to mix arts without the political problems most practitioners find. It really has less to do with the arts themselves than it does with the training environments.

These guys started in TMA, but now they train in a gym environment. Most of them actually TRAIN more like boxers than anything else. That's one failing I find with many of the TMA artists who blindly follow their arts...they think that Asians created fighting or something! LOL! The cultural/social aspects of TMAs do not affect techniques so much as they affect personality. You could learn to fight in a gym without the bowing and stuff, and probably could kick most blackbelts asses in less than a year. But it all depends on what you're training for, eh?

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"You sure talk a lot. Are you going to train at all tonight, or just stand there the whole time?" -Sempai Dale
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/30/2002 12:32am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >For all you guys who think that style doesn't matter, go ahead and do katas and forms and practice absolutely no ground-fighting. Go ahead with horse stances and rear spinning heel kicks. No skin off my nose. Just don't be surprised at the result.

Ok I will do that. But that should me the MMA should be kicking my ass, right? Oooooh wait that doesn't happen!!!! Anyway anyone want to join me in beating up some Aussies next year?

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/30/2002 7:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That doesn't count, Asia. You train in BAJI ! so that makes you a para-normal superbeing like in the X-men. You can't expect to compare BAJI ! zombies to ordinay humans.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    12/30/2002 8:44am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, yes, Aussie-beating. Almost as much fun as Canuck-whuppin' (my wife is from Alberta, so I must slam on America Jr. whenever I can). They obviously stand no chance against BAJI! Show no mercy! Sweep the leg! Hai-Yah!
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh Vargas, you sad sad Canuck-wannabe. You even married one of our own in your desperate need to liken yourself to us.

Clean air, fresh water, lush trees. And a unifying dislike for our arrogant neighbours to the south. (But we'll still take your money and protection! :P)

I've always said Canada should invade the U.S. You'd never see it coming, never believe it. "Quick quick! The Canadians are invading!"
    *blink* "Canadians? Yeah RIIIIIGHT. Good one."

Of course, you guys actually have GUNS...we'd **** ourselves at the sight of one. LOL!

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"You sure talk a lot. Are you going to train at all tonight, or just stand there the whole time?" -Sempai Dale
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 5:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ROFL @ Crimsontiger!!

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    -Ghandi

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/01/2003 12:56am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yay Tiger!

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast