Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Unemployed

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 12:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Filthy Jailhouse Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could've used tani otoshi at least three times last night.

I need a partner to work that with.
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 2:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a simmilar problem when I go up against a 6'5 behemoth in my class, we also have a 6'0 280lb. monster body builder who was definitely a juicer at some point. they both suck at clinch technichally but are so overpowering that its impossible to clinch with them. One time the body builder literally picked me up and pile drivered me from a clinch position.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 2:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I feel your pain dude, a few of my workout partners are big bouncers and they DO know how to grapple so its almost impossible to go clinch with them.
    I always try to get around to their side or back, or sometimes drop them by arm barring/locking from the clinch, but usually, I try to avoid the clinch.

Chemist

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if this helps.......

Me = 6'0" 215ish, not that good
    Vargas = smaller than me, really good

When we clinch, Vargas usually keeps me from throwing him by dropping his weight, I wish I knew how he does it, but he always is usually good to about trying to keep the underhooks. Also when we pair up and I have one leg of his, I have a hard time throwing him because he sticks his held leg between mine which makes it very difficult to throw, this too I have to learn how he does it.

Moral of the story: Ignore my post because I'm stupid and try to get an answer from Vargas
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 3:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I do the same, its when they outweight you by 100lbs and can curl your weight for fun, that things get exciting.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 3:22pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Standing clinch= 1st KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!! push his JAW to one side or the other (from inside if his elbows are open, from outside if his elbows are closed-where the head moves the body follows) Then weave your hands in to take the inside place of his (ie; he is now in your clinch)
    Wrestling clinch=1)push and pull head and neck, arm drags when they "reach out" for the clinch (everybodies suggestions about throws and armbars are good) also try watching some of the wrestlers from a local high school, they have great fundamentals.
    [A friend once told me he found Jennifer Connelly hot.
    "Would she still be hot if she were melting in a car wreck, like at the end of Pollock, smelling of burnt hair and bubbling intestines?" I asked.
    "Oh hell yeah."
    "How? How would you even have sex with her?"
    "Just let her cool and fold her over, like an omolette."
    Since then we've always had this universal sign for Jennifer Connelly, it's like an "opening a book" motion, only backwards. And we are often known to softly remark "....like an omolette".]--boyd

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 3:25pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Careful about keeping the head up, watch out for the uppercut or short hook.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point! With the body close and the hips against your opponent a short hook is difficult to land. Ends up being more like a hammerfist (but then you are out of his clinch!!!) And an uppercut damn near impossible.
    [A friend once told me he found Jennifer Connelly hot.
    "Would she still be hot if she were melting in a car wreck, like at the end of Pollock, smelling of burnt hair and bubbling intestines?" I asked.
    "Oh hell yeah."
    "How? How would you even have sex with her?"
    "Just let her cool and fold her over, like an omolette."
    Since then we've always had this universal sign for Jennifer Connelly, it's like an "opening a book" motion, only backwards. And we are often known to softly remark "....like an omolette".]--boyd

MMA Instructor

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 5:58pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Head and SHOULDERS up (turtle positon). In a clinch if you look below your partners chest you will be snapped down and kneed, choked, grounded etc...
    Clinch being halfway between stand up an ground is a bit like both (especially if striking in the clinch is allowed) Working clinch is similar to the ground in that there are dominant positions and bad positions. You need to know what these are. When you are in a good position you keep it/improve it. When your in a bad position you must escape. Its' like BJJ "position first". Trying to counterattack from a bad position is usually futile, especially if your partner is stronger.

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 7:09pm

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bear huge or use the mt, and put him in the clinch... I will try to explain
    Step one step in, step two pull your head back,step three pop the arm up and use your other arm to get around his neck, step four look away ( to get his other arm off) step five put him in your clinch.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast