Posted On:
    6/27/2004 3:18am

Style: anti-bubba love-kwon fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Favorite MMA fighters

who are your 3 favorite MMA fighters?

Mine are:
    Tank Abbott, a classic street brawler who will always be remembered as the only pure street fighter to ever tear it up in MMA

Igor Vovchanchyn, badass is all that I can say about Igor

Wanderlei Silva, I love the knee strikes, my favorite technique to watch thrown.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/27/2004 3:22am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Duane Ludwig: Watch KoTC 3 to see why
    Cro-Cop: Gotta love a great striker in MMA
    Gerard Gordeau (UFC1): Anyone who fights Royce Gracie with a broken hand and two teeth in his foot has earned my respect for life
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2004 3:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok I gotta give it up for duane ludwig, I'm going to have to knock wanderlei off the list and put duane up there.

HOW COULD I FORGET DUANE...I feel so stupid.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/27/2004 3:49am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Left-Hook
    ok I gotta give it up for duane ludwig, I'm going to have to knock wanderlei off the list and put duane up there.

HOW COULD I FORGET DUANE...I feel so stupid.
    It's ok. You are stupid, so at least now you feel the right way =P
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    6/27/2004 4:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My criteria for choosing my three is a bit different. These 3 are the ones that inspire me in my endeavor to become a pro mixed martial artist.

1. Jeremy Horn - This guy is awesome. They should bring him back to UFC. He deserves it, as he's one of the hardest working fighters out there. Just look at his record. Emmense.

2. Carlos Newton - Carlos is Canadian like me, and a very technical jiu-jitsu man (not like me ;) ). I like his sense of humour as well. DBZ Jiujitsu... Christ.

3. Evan Tanner - He started out as a freestyle, self taught fighter. Moving from gym to gym, absorbing what he could, and always watching instuctional tapes. This is how I imagine my style is going to be like.

If you want my favourites to watch fight here they are:
    1. Bas
    2. Rampage
    3. Wandy
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2004 4:48am

Style: Tai-Gip-su

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Favorites of mine are all champions in their own rights:
    1/ Ken Shamrock for his ridiculously funny looking angry/threatening face (seen each time he enters the ring or leaves in victory)
    2/ Fujita Kazuyuki, for being so brave and owning bob sapp looking good
    3/ Genki Sudo, for making his job look easy and entertaining, although i have yet to see that sommersault kick hit someone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2004 5:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't get over Tank though, he just has that, "I'm know I'm a badass" attitude that I love. it reminds me of...well me.

Plus he looks almost identical to my dad, beard and all, and I think my dad is the greatest beater of ass alive, (right next to me), so that might be part of it.

Nobody has gone in and destroyed people like tank has, Nelmark has never stepped into the ring since tank viciously knocked him out. Matua was beaten HORRIBLY, and plus he is the only person to ever try throwing someone out of the octagon (Cal Worsham), and the cool thing is he almost succeeded.

It sucks that he is pretty much out of his league these days, but he will always be my favorite fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2004 6:38am

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mine are:

Sakuraba - despite his recent losses, no one can take away that winning streak he had between UFC japan and his first match up with Wanderlei. The man is both a fighting legend and a genius entertainer - he coined a few techniques that are now standard practice in MMA ie kicking legs of downed opponents, and his jumping stomp kick etc and he was simply incredibly entertaining to watch, you didn't know what was coming next. I think his big downfall was that he didn't prepare for pride's rule change regarding knees to the head for his fight with Wanderlei so he just went down to his usual recovery position and got knocked out. After that he was never quite the same - the end of an era.

Royce Gracie - he was the first guy to beat them all. He proved once and for all that a guy who's not that physically gifted can beat far larger opposition with the right skill and training. Sure he's not got the most exciting style now aginst trained opponents but he was pretty awesome in those early UFC matchups. As far as I'm concerned - he's the man who gave cred to the martial arts. Before him it was just all speculation of how well a trained martial artist could do against other disciplines.

Wanderlei Silva - Now he's just unstoppable, brutal and he plays the perfect villain in pride. Personally I think Randy couture would own his ass but I don't think that match up would ever occurr.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wanderlei Silva
    Cro Cop
    Sakuraba
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Titan

Posted On:
    7/05/2004 7:03am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rickson
    Royler
    Newton
    Sato
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast