Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, my experience with protein supplements is varied. People can react differently.

Brands like Isopure are great, but they can give me gasses.

The ones that are not milky, but like condensated gatorade give me diarhea.

I used to drink milk almost right off the cow and never gave me problems. When I came to the US, I don't know what the **** changed, maybe the hormones in the food, I dunno. But when I came here, milk just killed me for many years until recently (more on that later.)

A few years ago, I started eating more fruit, mostly pineapple and papaya. That started to help me digest protein much better. Be it shakes or red meat, it didn't bother me that much anymore (red meat with lots of spices kill me, though.)

I increased the amount of fiber and nuts in my dieat, and I forced myself to drink an whole glass of water minimum before any meal.

Later, I started eating yogurt (not the fat free ****, the real one), and I tell you, that **** helped me. I got my own personal theory that it must be, not because of bacteria, but because OF LACK OF BACTERIA that we get "poofy" in the gut when we take a lot of protein.

Now I drink whole milk, and it doesn't bother me anymore. The brand of protein supplements that I like best are Myoplex shakes and bars (or the protein shakes sold at CVS pharmacies.)

Farting is almost non-existent. If I feel I'm getting bloated, I stop taking the shakes and I increase the amount of pineapple/papaya and yogurt. That brings things into a balance.

I dunno guys, that's my personal experience in how I handle protein supplements. Hope its helpfull.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing gives me more gas than old threads being revived by some n00b.

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 9:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    That's because they have a lot of residual protein in them.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 10:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I forgot to mention. A lot of gassing is usually the result of excessively unclean guts. Oh, well, yeah, guts are not clean. They are usually full of, you know, ****.

But for some, they have more than what they should. Really. Do you know that a many cases (not all thought) of "beer belly" is not because of excessive drinking, but because of a lot... you know, crap accumulated over the years, in particular white bread stuff and starch? :spanky:

Plenty of water in your diet (particularly when you first wake up and before every meal), fiber and the maintenance of a healthy gut biota prevents that.

If some of you really have a problem with gassing, you may consider some sort of stomach cleansing. Nothing crazy or uncomfortable like taking laxatives. Just get some mineral oil from a pharmacy, and take one tablespoon in the morning and one at night for one or two days (say, starting on Thursday night.)

And make sure you eat little meat or starch and plenty of fiber and fruit like pineapple or papaya. Nix the coffee, soda or tea. Just water and plenty. And during the weekend, make sure you eat lots of yogurt for a whole week.

You are going to poop a lot, and you are going to wonder where the hell all that is coming from. And you are going to feel different and better. I can I bet your gassing problems will be minimized.

Yogurt as part of your regular diet, lots of water, and a tablespoon of mineral oil every know and then (never on a regular basis) will most likely help you deal with protein supplements.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 12:38pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Green meanies make me poot like I got gas -I am nOOb, hear me bore.

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 6:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to mention that he revived a thread on farts.

What the hell was he searching for?

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 11:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poop-based protein I guess :tard:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123