solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/25/2004 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

protein supplements and excessive stinky gas

i know that the topic of protein supplements has been discussed a lot (i did a search, really i did.)

however i didn't see any discussion of the gas issue. i see an increase in gas when i use whey as well as a noticeably more offensive smell. (yeah i know farts don't smell like roses in the first place.) lucky for me i'm single so the only one who complains is my cat.

is this a common problem? is it different with different brands? i use designer whey brand.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2004 11:52am

Style: dead

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read about drinking peppermint tea... there are a few other remedies - have a look in a health food shop (shop not a store... somewhere where vegetarians hang out and you will find naturalic anti-flatulence product)

personally as an 'deep internal martial artist' I like the olfactory demonstration of my internal prowess... the missus divent like my 'head under bedsheets' technique but she no argue I got the internal:cool:
    Last edited by Rock Mechanic; 6/25/2004 11:54am at .

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    6/25/2004 12:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my roommate had noticably stinkier and more copious farts when he was consuming much protein. this was especially around exam time when he replaced meals with protein shakes.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    6/25/2004 12:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i assume that the extra protein is making it to the colon where bacteria get to do their stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2004 12:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The extra protein or even when you eat too much red meat, will make your farts smell worse. But the farts are there to excrete waste and shitting is the best way to excrete extra protein and bacteria. Look on the bright side, you can fart during your match and have your guy throw in the towel because your farts smell like ****.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2004 12:55pm

Style: dead

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you must beat him first using your external techniquez and then unleash the internal on him so he knows he is genuinely outclassed

thats the fucking rule

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/25/2004 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by hightower6969
    The extra protein or even when you eat too much red meat, will make your farts smell worse. But the farts are there to excrete waste and shitting is the best way to excrete extra protein and bacteria. Look on the bright side, you can fart during your match and have your guy throw in the towel because your farts smell like ****.....
    so, you're saying that i'm getting too much protein then? like it's going unused and is therefore a waste?

Posted On:
    6/25/2004 2:31pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you guys don't know what the flaming **** you are talking about, please do not post incorrect information.

Undigested protein, or rather protein that is not abosrbed, gets turned into sugar form and stored as fat. You don't just **** out any extraneous protien, that would mean if you ate just the right amount, you'd never ****, which is incorrect.

Yes, other people get more gas with added protein ingestion. There at people over at another bodybuilding forum that I post at ( www.wannabebig.com ) that apparently enjoy the added farting that comes along with more protein consumption. (WTF?)

Digestion of protein produces gases as a byproduct,

Blah blah blah......yahoo search....

http://www.pureprescriptions.com/exp..._bloating.html

Incomplete protein digestion is what leads to gas, bloating, and in some people, heartburn and indigestion. This develops because proteins remain in the intestines and cause putrefaction. Putrefaction results is dysbiosis (bacterial overgrowth) causing gas and bloating.

Here is an article to alleviate your digestive woes:
    Digestive Problems - http://www.naturalways.com/digest1.htm

And go drink more water...
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    6/26/2004 9:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    right, protein that is NOT absorbed gets turned into FAT how exactly?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2004 12:41am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't whey a milk product? Suggest you try some Lact-aid tablets. :)
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast