Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 10:56am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost, can I take this one? I'm going to anyway.

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY. THERE WILL BE NO VOTE. IT'S CHANGING. LIVE WITH IT.

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
  2. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 11:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The new name and setup is good. Especially considering that fighting cheesy chain schools AND certain massive corporations might be taking on too much. Best to stick with slamming crappy schools.

However, not that it's at all related, but I will no longer buy the shakes at one fast food chain. After all, they suck anyway. However, I'm still gonna get fries from there once in a while. Frankly, they do make the best fast food fries. Not that it's related. Just my opinion.

A little off topic, but aren't clowns creepy? ;)

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 11:22am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The mods and senior contributors know how much crap I've been through pretty much just to keep the site on the net.

To put it in perspective, I've spent about $5K of my own money so far on this site, and haven't even generated enough T-shirt sales for the distributor to send me the minimum payment of $25. Not that I had any intentions whatsoever of using this site for a profit, but I had hoped to cover the costs a bit.

The "nameless" company, mind you, has billions of dollars to throw at the court system, and has the ability to simply bankrupt anyone that tries to fight against them.

This experience has shown me that unless you're a lawyer, your place in the legal system is pretty much determined by the ammount of money you can invest into your issue.

After this, I'm seriously considering going to law school... hell, just to protect my own interests.

By the way, here's an article about a similar situation:

"McEverything

Date: 15/07/2000

While it is good sense to defend a well recognised brand name against those seeking to exploit it, McDonald's continues to take this principle to extremes.

The US giant, favourite of gourmets across the world, has recently forced a small Swiss-based medical company, McWellness to change its name. Although the name had nothing to do with McDonalds - it was named after McKinsey, the management consultancy firm that its two founders once worked for - McDonald's lawyers insisted that the use of the name would 'create confusion...and will cause damage to (McDonald's) hard-earned goodwill'.

This is not an exceptional case - McDonald's have sued a range of other businesses from a sausage stand in Denmark called McAllan's to McMunchies, a UK sandwich shop. They have also registered a range of non-food related trademarks including McTravel and (perhaps showing the extent of their ambitions) McSpaceStation.

The case shows the importance of careful research before choosing a name for a new business - though McDonald's are unusually vigilant in deploying their array of lawyers to extend their rights to almost any McName anyone may choose.

They have the resources to do this, of course. Or as The Economist said in reporting this story - where there's Mc, there's brass."

From http://www.rileycom.co.uk/rileycom/data/document.nsf/ID+View/38953424642DF6C9802569

Titan

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 11:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The law is such a load of ****.

They can swivel on my McFinger the fuckers !

----------------------------------------------------------
    ”He (Master Bristol) was like a slippery fish. There was no way I could hold on to him.” -- Tomas Shurrman, Judo Expert
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 4:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what a fucking joke!!

i really liked "mcdojo" but what can you do?

scotland and ireland should sue them!!!

BTW, buger king kicks mcdonalds' ass!!!

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 8:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those McD...'s guys are making millions of dollars and they worry about alittle kick ass martial art site like this. How pathetic they are. Insecure sucks. Whats a matter McDojo is too competitive to them. Those guys should take a Mcfrenchfry and stick it up there arse! Or better yet go "shrimp" themselves with one of there straws.
    The law is crap!

PEACE!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 9:38pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KC Elbows, are you a vegitarian? If so, aren't those fries cooked with animal fat?
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am VERY surprised that they would waste thier time on a forum such as this one. no offense, but this forum will NEVER amount to anything.

It will never offer anyone anything! look at the "CREW" of people that frequent it, the same old "JAMOKES" everyday.

its no BIG loss.

"If attacked fight, and fight to kill"
  9. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 6:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [rolleyes]

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    roll them hard KC because it's the truth.

"If attacked fight, and fight to kill"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast