thanks for the vids

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/19/2004 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, i didn't think i fought that badly, but then i saw the videos. ouch.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 2:03am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jack_MingLoyalist_sparring.avi - Ming do you close your eyes a lot when **** comes at your face?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 7:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Jack_MingLoyalist_sparring.avi - Ming do you close your eyes a lot when **** comes at your face?
    yep, plus i tend to not look at what i'm hitting. also i don't commit enough with my attacks. also instead of stepping to the side and counter-punching, i step straight back and counter-punch (so i hit nothing.)

i'm fairly aware of my faults, trying hard to overcome them with lots of sparring.
    Last edited by Ming Loyalist; 10/20/2004 7:31am at . Reason: didn't want that smiley
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 8:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great clips, thanks !

Posted On:
    10/21/2004 5:03am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any clips of Tim's San Shou skills? I want to see some throws from him.

MingLoyalist - Nice to see my powers of observation are still functioning. Yeah I wasn't gonna be that cruel :)
    When sparring, try to do it in rounds with a 'coach' or two to give you things to work on so you can improve RIGHT THERE.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    10/21/2004 2:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Any clips of Tim's San Shou skills? I want to see some throws from him.

MingLoyalist - Nice to see my powers of observation are still functioning. Yeah I wasn't gonna be that cruel :)
    When sparring, try to do it in rounds with a 'coach' or two to give you things to work on so you can improve RIGHT THERE.
    i didn't notice anyone doing san shou style standup, so i don't think you'll see any throws.

i do try to get feedback from others when i spar. like i said, at least i know what i'm doing wrong. the next step is overcoming the bad habits i have, by sparring as much as possible.

i like the ability to watch video of the session, so i am going to do that every time now.

thanks for the input

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 3:00am

Style: any

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ming Loyalist, what's your style? I didn't see any kung fu in those clips.

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 3:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never did the San Shou you're talking about.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast