Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/02/2004 8:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well then get off your knees!!!! ;)
    Dec 2003, we McThrewdown in a classroom in a community centre.
    Yeah....bruises on the knees for sure.

Hey D Lau is here.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ming Loyalist
    ok so i'm looking at planning my travel and hotel for this, and this is what i am looking at:

chinatown bus nyc to boston -> T to commuter Rail -> commuter rail to brandeis/roberts station

this is where i need help. i am planning on staying at the holiday inn express on 385 winter st, as it is the cheapest by far of the local hotels) however i have no idea how i am going to get there from the commuter rail (and then get to the throwdown location the next morning.) mapquest says it is 6 miles so seems a little far to walk with all my stuff on my back.

is there a bus? are there taxis? do i have to call a cab from there? if so does anyone have the number of a local cab company?

thanks in advance, and looking forward to meeting you all. looks like at least 2 other guys from my school are coming to compete in the BJJ tournament, and maybe 1 of them will come for the throwdown as well.
    The Chinatown bus is great, and the commuter rail stop is right near Brandeis.

There actually should be a bus that stops on Totten Pond Road, which is near your hotel. Go to MBTA.com, click trip planning, select the Brandeis/Roberts commuter rail stop and the address of your hotel, and the dates/times.

I don't have numbers for any local cab companies, but your hotel will.

See you this weekend.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 11:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Important: For the Throwdown, the main entrance of the gym cannot be used. There is a door in the back near the mat room. To get there, you can park in the main gym parking lot and then walk along the length of the gym (along South Street). You'll see a door on your right for a smaller building attatched to the gym. Use these doors. OR park in the back of the gym by taking a left into the back parking lot. Then, walk to the right of the main building, under the sky bridge, up to South Street, and take a right. The door will be on your right.

Greg, Joe, Jack, Tim: if you can explain this any better, please do.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 11:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, there are showers conveniently below the mat room if anyone needs to use them after.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 10:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're coming, can you just post a confirmation and which you're coming to: the Throwdown, the tournament, or both?

Thanks.

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 11:41am

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    both

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 2:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you.

Posted On:
    10/09/2004 11:59pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you to Cmorra for planning this event, for Ming Loyalist for caring enough about the quality of the New York Throwdown that you came to Brandeis to learn some tips on how to run one, and JBliss, who thankfully did not give me the full contact beating I deserved when we spared.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, thanks to cmorra for doing all the hard work of organizing the throwdown (especillay since no other women came for her to spar with)

it was great to meet everyone, and put some faces to screen names... special thanks to j-lau for the leg/ankle/heel lock lesson (i'll be digesting all that info for a while.)

too bad about me not being able to compete at the BJJ tournament, but that's life.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 10:51am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Cmorra, what was the name and address of the Italian resturant we went to? I may use it in the future. Sorry about the leg Ming Loyalist.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast