232549 Bullies, 4397 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 14 of 14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Ender is offline
    Ender's Avatar

    Not Enough Weight

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    239

    Posted On:
    7/15/2004 9:29am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a fantastic HKD resource, check out Marc Tedeschi's "Hapkido: theory, history, and technique". It's about 1200 pages long, and a bit pricey, but very thorough and beautifully laid out.
    "Even if one's head were to be suddenly cut off, he should be able to perform one more action with certainty."
    -Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  2. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,523

    Posted On:
    7/15/2004 10:26am

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ender
    For a fantastic HKD resource, check out Marc Tedeschi's "Hapkido: theory, history, and technique". It's about 1200 pages long, and a bit pricey, but very thorough and beautifully laid out.
    Let me just say that you need a fork lift for that book. haha.ha..I agree though, it is a great book that covers HKD very thoroughly. I would hightly recommend it for hard core HKD practitioners.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  3. Ender is offline
    Ender's Avatar

    Not Enough Weight

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    239

    Posted On:
    7/15/2004 9:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard varying opinions about the emphasis and techniques included, though. Would you say that his style is more traditional, or more along the lines of Combat HKD?
    "Even if one's head were to be suddenly cut off, he should be able to perform one more action with certainty."
    -Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  4. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,523

    Posted On:
    7/16/2004 8:23am

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ender
    I've heard varying opinions about the emphasis and techniques included, though. Would you say that his style is more traditional, or more along the lines of Combat HKD?
    Much more tradtional. I have very little repsect for CHKD. To me that is nothing but watered down basics of HKD.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.