Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/30/2005 6:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    Then you probably need to re-read them again. Or just download Carter Williams vs Yusuke Fujimoto(2nd fight) and listen to the entire controversy/rules explanation by the refs/commentators.

Some of the countries hosting sometimes prohibit the knees all together. Paris, France being one of them.

I thought K-1 was just in japan?

Also:

FOUL TECHNIQUES

A fighter who executes a foul technique shall be penalized with a caution, warning, or a point reduction. Two (2) cautions shall lead to one (1) warning for the first two (2) cautions; however, a warning shall be given for any cautions thereafter. Two (2) warnings shall lead to a point reduction, and three (3) point reductions in one (1) round shall be grounds for disqualification. This clause shall not apply in cases where the judges rule that the foul technique as unintentional.

(a) The following are defined as fouls:

1. Using the head to deliver a blow.
    2. Using the elbow.
    3. Attacking the opponent in the groin (attacks to the groin with knee kicks or hand techniques shall be considered as low-blows and will be ruled as fouls).
    4. Using techniques from wrestling or judo such as throwing or submission techniques.
    5. Thumbing, choking or biting on the opponent.
    6. Attacking the opponent while he is down or in the process of getting up.
    7. Attacking the opponent while the referee is intervening to separate the fighters.
    8. Holding the ropes to attack the opponent, or to avoid the attack from the opponent. However, this is not applicable in the situation in case the referee determines that it is inevitable to hold the ropes.
    9. Using offensive or insulting language.
    10. Attacking the back of the head with a punch (the side of the head and the area around the ears are not considered as the back of the head and are valid target areas).
    11. Attempting to cause the opponent to fall out of the ring.
    12. Voluntarily exiting the ring during the course of a match.

(b) A point reduction may be given immediately to a fighter if the judges find that a foul technique was inflicted with malicious intent.

(c) A caution shall be given to a fighter who repeatedly charges inside the opponent's arms, with his head held low (ie. to avoid attack). This shall be considered as inducing a head-butt. In case that either of the fighters gets cut from a head-butt and is bleeding, the fighter who has caused the other to get cut shall receive a one (1) point reduction, even if the head-butt was not intentional. However, if the referee finds the head-butt to have been intentional, a reduction of two (2) points shall be given. If both fighters get cut and are bleeding, a one (1) point reduction shall be given to each fighter.

(d) A caution, warning, and a point reduction shall be given to a fighter who repeatedly uses holds and clinches that are not accompanied by attacks, and are judged as being defensive/passive in nature (ie. to avoid attack). The same applies to grasping and holding the opponent immediately after launching an attack (ie. to avoid a counter-attack) and may also result in a point reduction. Two (2) cautions will sum up to one (1) warning, and the next caution shall be a deduction of one (1) point. This particular caution shall be counted separately and not cumulative with other cautions.

(f) Continuously holding the kicking leg of an opponent is judged as a foul. However, a single attack, while holding the leg is authorized. Continuous attack while holding a leg is a foul. If a fighter does not take any action while holding the kicking leg, the referee shall call a break. Holding the kicking leg and using a throwing technique is also a foul.

Wherein does it prohibit the use of multiple knees? I seem to have missed it...
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    10/30/2005 7:07pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I thought K-1 was just in japan?

Also:

FOUL TECHNIQUES

A fighter who executes a foul technique shall be penalized with a caution, warning, or a point reduction. Two (2) cautions shall lead to one (1) warning for the first two (2) cautions; however, a warning shall be given for any cautions thereafter. Two (2) warnings shall lead to a point reduction, and three (3) point reductions in one (1) round shall be grounds for disqualification. This clause shall not apply in cases where the judges rule that the foul technique as unintentional.

(a) The following are defined as fouls:

1. Using the head to deliver a blow.
    2. Using the elbow.
    3. Attacking the opponent in the groin (attacks to the groin with knee kicks or hand techniques shall be considered as low-blows and will be ruled as fouls).
    4. Using techniques from wrestling or judo such as throwing or submission techniques.
    5. Thumbing, choking or biting on the opponent.
    6. Attacking the opponent while he is down or in the process of getting up.
    7. Attacking the opponent while the referee is intervening to separate the fighters.
    8. Holding the ropes to attack the opponent, or to avoid the attack from the opponent. However, this is not applicable in the situation in case the referee determines that it is inevitable to hold the ropes.
    9. Using offensive or insulting language.
    10. Attacking the back of the head with a punch (the side of the head and the area around the ears are not considered as the back of the head and are valid target areas).
    11. Attempting to cause the opponent to fall out of the ring.
    12. Voluntarily exiting the ring during the course of a match.

(b) A point reduction may be given immediately to a fighter if the judges find that a foul technique was inflicted with malicious intent.

(c) A caution shall be given to a fighter who repeatedly charges inside the opponent's arms, with his head held low (ie. to avoid attack). This shall be considered as inducing a head-butt. In case that either of the fighters gets cut from a head-butt and is bleeding, the fighter who has caused the other to get cut shall receive a one (1) point reduction, even if the head-butt was not intentional. However, if the referee finds the head-butt to have been intentional, a reduction of two (2) points shall be given. If both fighters get cut and are bleeding, a one (1) point reduction shall be given to each fighter.

(d) A caution, warning, and a point reduction shall be given to a fighter who repeatedly uses holds and clinches that are not accompanied by attacks, and are judged as being defensive/passive in nature (ie. to avoid attack). The same applies to grasping and holding the opponent immediately after launching an attack (ie. to avoid a counter-attack) and may also result in a point reduction. Two (2) cautions will sum up to one (1) warning, and the next caution shall be a deduction of one (1) point. This particular caution shall be counted separately and not cumulative with other cautions.

(f) Continuously holding the kicking leg of an opponent is judged as a foul. However, a single attack, while holding the leg is authorized. Continuous attack while holding a leg is a foul. If a fighter does not take any action while holding the kicking leg, the referee shall call a break. Holding the kicking leg and using a throwing technique is also a foul.

Wherein does it prohibit the use of multiple knees? I seem to have missed it...
    K-1 is fucking everywhere.

Japan, America, Paris, soon to be holland.

They might not have it in there because the location usually effects the ruleset of knees. You probably got that from their site(which is basically only updated to show upcoming events).

America allows one, Japan allows one, Paris doesnt. I am not sure about the Oceania tournaments. I have never seen their PPVs.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    10/30/2005 9:29pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K-1 MAX is the only group truly worth watching. I'd actually agree that I'd rather watch K-1 MAX or Boxing before Pride and UFC because I'm not really into the whole grappling thing. I'm not a student of the ground game so a lot of the subtle nuances and tricks that would make it entertaining totally escape me. Actually I tend to find Pride matches often painfully boring, so I'd actually even watch the UFC before Pride even though the standard of fighters in Pride is higher. Most Pride events have a GREAT fight like Fedor/Nog or Silva/Rampage but then have a whole bunch of utterly shitty Japanese tomato cans. I also find that barring a great striker like Cro Cop or a beast like Fedor, a lot of standard Pride fights contain a lot less striking and stand-up work than in the UFC. Could be a horrible generalisation, but this is just my impression from what I've seen.

For all-round entertainment, K-1 MAX is exciting the whole way through regardless of whos fighting. I can even understand the 1 knee, limited clinch rules.

Following that I'd watch Pride main events, then UFC full events, and then finally Pride undercards. This is probably because I'm a great fan of striking and don't really totally understand the ground game (beyond understanding a few basic set-ups and submissions).
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 12:34am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why has this retarded thread been digged back up? Leave it in the dumpster where it belongs.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    9/03/2006 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF are you talking about? You're the first post since 2005. Is the database going wacky again?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2006 9:03am

Style: WMA (various)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somebody probably was going through the archives and voted on the poll, which makes the thread show up in a "new posts" search even though there wasn't actually a new post. You can't really blame whoever did it; they'd have no reason to suspect that a bug in the forum software turns voting in an old thread into an act of necromancy.

Edit: Should've said that it happens in any view showing the "last post" time, not just in searches. If somebody voted on this at 1 AM yesterday, someone looking at the thread from the outside immediately afterward would've seen "Today 1:00 AM by lifetime" as the "last post".
    Last edited by Sir Ocelot; 9/03/2006 9:36am at .

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/03/2006 4:53pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah it was on top when I replied, I noticed the last post was dated 2005 so I though it had been pinned by a mod or something for some strange reason.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 9:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a little spooky.

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    9/08/2006 12:38am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a hard judgement call for me. I've seen some japanese judges make some really questionable decisions.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2006 2:17pm

Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PRIDE admitted to bout-fixing in their early days, but since then, there's been no evidence of major bias, at least not on the level of K-1 fights.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast