Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/21/2004 9:34am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: anyone heard of these Japanese styles?

Originally posted by Mr. Glass
    Motobu-Ha Shito Ryu karate and Hakkoryu Ju-Jitsu

I heard that Motobu is alot like kempo but im not sure and that Hakkoryu is alot like Aikijujitsu. If anyone has expierence in these arts or has knowledge of them a little help would be apprechiated.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2004 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.goforkarate.com/AboutKumiteKarate.htm
    http://www.dojoway.com/ShogoKuniba.htm
    http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:x...ba+Kosei&hl=en

Motobu-Ha Shito Ryu karate is the style of Motubo, and he was known as a great fighter. I haven't had the pleasure of practicing it, but it sounds like the real thing, if it has followed Motubo's teachings and attitude.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2004 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Motobu was a SHorin Ryu man (he was one of the younger kids 3-4 in the family so didnt get to learn karate from the father) So he use to sneak peaks at the training and then go purposely bump into people in the market place to start **** so he could practice his Martial arts......well he eventually became head of the shorin ryu system....after his death and the next grandmaster took over there was a split.....some stayed with shorin ryu's new GM....and some split away and stayed true to Motobu's way of doing things naming their style Motobu Ryu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2004 2:12pm

Style: Waylaying

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AFAIK hakko ryu is a lot like aikido, though it's more linear rather than circular

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2004 3:18pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Re: anyone heard of these Japanese styles?

Originally posted by miguksaram
    Btw, if you forgot its www.google.com -_-

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2004 6:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And here's a quick link to a bit of Motobu-ha
    http://www.kokino.org/int-kunibakai.htm

The only thing I see in that short history is that he helped Funikoshi start teaching karate. THe man hated Funikoshi, who got credit in the papers for defeating the boxer. The primary difference in the men, Motobu liked to fight and would readily teach people how, Funikoshi didn't really approve of fighting as a core part of training from my understanding.

Adrenaline,
    Motobu was not the "master" of Shorin Ryu. His teachings were influentual to many of the instructors who would form the core of the old Shorin Ryu branches. If you can look at a copy, check out Okinawan Kempo by Motobu. Its pricey, so reading someone elses copy is my recommendation. The man was primarily a fighter who's stamp can be seen on the fighting styles of many early century style founders out of Okinawa.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2004 9:15am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shumibukaru (current grandmaster of Shobayashi branch of SHorin Ryu) Credits him as one of shorin ryu's grandmasters...... so just passin on what the Ol'man is teachin. BUt he might credit him do to his influence on Shorin Ryu......to be honest now that I think of it he credits Miyagi also becasue Miyagi was one of Shumibukaru's instructors and he was GM of Goju if Im not mistaken.

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 1:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate, Aikido, Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure have. I currently train in Kuniba Ha Shito Ryu and Kuniba Ryu Goshindo. Shogo Kuniba was the third soke of Motobu ha. He passed leadership of his own style, Kuniba Ha Shito Ryu (heavily influenced by Motobu's style) and Kuniba Ryu Goshindo (created by Kuniba Soke by combining the principles and techniques of Karate, Judo, Aikido, and Jujutsu) to Bill Price who is the current Soke. Kuniba's father was a student of Choki Motobu and second Soke of Motobu Ha. The Motobu ha style's current Soke is the late Shogo Kuniba's son who started his own Kuniba Kai. Any more questions you have feel free to ask I will do my best to answer them.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 1:47am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Psst....2004.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12