Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/26/2004 2:10pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [i]Plus i enjoy the flow drills in JKD such as huba aluba ( spelled wrong i know) as it generally covers all angles of attack and flow right into either a Disarm (if armed) and or grappling submission or just straight strikes to a take down. [/B]

its is physically imposible to cover all to angles of attack.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 12:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paul Vunak is a great! It is an honor to train with him. I'd have to agree with @ChrisJKD about being prepared to have your arms bruised up after a training session. It's painful but all worth it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJKD View Post
    Paul Vunak is a very tallented MA he has all the proper lineage and so on. If this instructor has been certified by Mr. Vunak im sure he is a very compentant JKD practioner. check out http://www.fighting.net/instructors.php its a list of certified instructors from Paul Vunak. Hand trapping is alot of fun, but i wouldnt stop at just the trapping as the other ranges are a nesscesity to apply the trapping with the proper flow. Hand trapping at least for me has been one of the harder aspects of JKD to apply but ive began to feel much more comfortable with it lately and its alot of fun. Be prepared to have your arms beaten nice and bright red untill you get some nice calcifacation.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by unladylikedefns View Post
    Paul Vunak is a great! It is an honor to train with him. I'd have to agree with @ChrisJKD about being prepared to have your arms bruised up after a training session. It's painful but all worth it in the end.
    And from the depths of Hell, this thread has risen...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234