Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/18/2002 10:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must have been mistaken, but in a recent martial arts magazine, Kazuyoshi Ishii was inducted into the martial arts hall of fame. I guess tax evasion/dishonesty aren't regarded as disqualifying offenses. I'm guessing, as long as you further martial arts interests, a lack of character doesn't become a serious consideration for the judges. (Shaking head)

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/18/2002 11:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Origins of Shodokaikan karate

By blending the innovative and unparalleled teachings of Mr. Ashihara with the power karate style of Kyokushin, and by adding his own technical system and characteristic philosophy, Mr. Ishii founded a new style under the International Practical Karate Federation Seidokaikan. The goal of this new style was to help young people study karate and budo philosophy, and to provide them a method of improving their health and to develop a strong spirit and body. Accordingly, the name chosen for this new organization was "Seidokaikan" - which literally translated means "Correct Way" Martial Arts Hall.

KFss- Query: Does the Seidokaikan's "Correct Way" include tax evasion, dishonesty, and corruption? How many people looked up to this Founder as a role model, how many of those same martial artists admired everything he stood for?

Lastly, how many of you really trust your instructors, not many? Or has herd mentality and an indomitable faith in your art blinded you to the evil? Something to consider...
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2002 11:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh, everybody is a black jamacian if you trace back far enough.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2002 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all God's have feet of clay.

Innocent until proven guilty, Kungfools,
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/24/2002 4:29am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

KFss- Uh, right...

Kochi pulls plug on 'K-1 Rising 2003' venue

Mainichi Shimbun,

Dec. 21, 2002

KOCHI -- A local government foundation has refused a popular fight promotor, K-1, the use of a gymnasium for a martial arts event because the firm is suspected of dodging taxes. The Tokyo-based K-1 had been planning to hold its "K-1 Rising 2003" event in the Kochi Prefectural Gymnasium on Jan. 26 and applied to the Kochi foundation for its use in late November. Just as officials at the foundation were ready to give the go-ahead, prosecutors raided the K-1 office on allegations of hiding income and evading corporate tax on Dec. 12.

"We have concluded that allowing a company in hot water for tax evasion to use a public place is not acceptable, even if law enforcers are only suspecting evasion," said Tetsuo Yokokawa, secretary general of the foundation. Yokokawa added that his officials have already notified K-1 of their refusal. K-1 employees were apparently shocked because the firm planned to begin marketing tickets for the event on Dec. 29. Many popular fighters such as Musashi were expected to have taken part in the Kochi event.

K-1 and its president, Kazuyoshi Ishii, allegedly faked expenses totaling more than 100 million yen and deducted them from the firm's taxable income, thereby dodging tens of millions of yen in corporate taxes for a two-year period until September 1998, prosecutors said.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/24/2002 4:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

KFss- Yah, he sure sounds innocent to me. (Rolling eyes)

Fight promoter tries to block tax evasion charges

Mainichi Shimbun

Dec. 8, 2002

A popular fight promotion company and its president face charges for evading a large amount of corporate taxes, sources close to law enforcers said Sunday. The Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office will charge the Tokyo-based K-1 and its president, Kazuyoshi Ishii, 49, with violating the Corporate Tax Law.

Ishii admitted during questioning that he kept a massive amount of the company's funds off the books, the sources said.

Ishii faked a large amount of expenses totaling more than 100 million yen and deducted them from the company's taxable income, thereby evading tens of millions of yen in corporate taxes over a two-year period until September 1998, prosecutors allege. He is also suspected of consulting a certified tax accountant over the tax evasion.

K-1 was established in February 1996. It earned about 2.6 billion yen in sales over a one-year period until September 2001, and about 500 million yen in profits, according to a credit research company.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2002 10:09am

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    70 million Yen... what is that, like 8 bucks?

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    12/24/2002 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Japanese government has these kind of scandals all the time. Back in the early 90s, they actually had to fire the PM and half his cabinet for kick-backs and bribes. Corruption is a huge problem in Japan. Bigger than the U.S.? I doubt it. Maybe the Japanese cops are better at catching that stuff.
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Posted On:
    12/24/2002 7:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Japanese yen is still pretty high. I take any Yen any day or dollars for that matter. Money is money!

PEACE!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/01/2003 3:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K-1 promoter Ishii indicted for tax evasion

Saturday, December 28, 2002 at 10:00 JST
    TOKYO Prosecutors indicted a promoter of popular martial arts contests dubbed K-1 and his company Friday on charges of failing to pay some 60 million yen in corporate tax over two years to 1998, the prosecutors said.

Kazuyoshi Ishii, 49, chief of Seidokaikan, or the International Practical Karate-Do Association, was indicted without being arrested for allegedly failing to declare some 160 million yen in corporate income over the two-year period by allocating fictional promotion costs, they said. (Kyodo News)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast