Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2004 2:57pm

Style: The Jits & Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tae Kuk Mu Sul McDojo??

http://www.taekukmusul.com/

Check out this link guys. What do you think. I have visited this school and it appears to be just a mixture of hapkido and TKD. I will be going back to take a class to see what it is like but my preliminary impression is that it is just like HAPKIYOOSOOL in Florida.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2004 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: 5AF & Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tae Kuk Mu Sul is a comprehensive martial arts system that is derived from the rich and varied martial arts techniques and traditions that have arisen in Korea through the ages. T.K.M.S. is not a sport, nor is it simply another Asian self defense method. T.K.M.S. is a complete martial art that is dedicated to the cultivation of mental and physical strength and well being and to the preservation of traditional Korean martial arts.

Tae Kuk Mu Sul is unsurpassed for self defense. It combines kicking, punching, throwing, falling, choking, joint-locking, and a myriad of weapons techniques into a beautiful and dynamic "hard-soft" style emphasizing speed and fluidity. In conjunction with physical training, meditation, breathing and acupressure and acupuncture, techniques are employed to improve and maintain health, develop internal power, and slow the aging process. Philosophically, T.K.M.S. stresses humility, self-discipline, self-control, loyalty, and respect for others. Together, these three aspects of T.K.M.S. provide the means for attaining a long and healthful life.
    the word of the day is "UNSURPASSED"

i think it's a korean language class
    Punch= Junquan
    Strike at point =Juja quan
    Back hand/fist= Kock quan
    Palm strike= Pung su
    Knife hand =Quqan su
    Double knife hand =Song do do
    Knife hand strike =Stul
    Knife hand strike (thumb in) =Yuk stul
    Circular hand knife hand strike =Pigion stul

Skeptic

Posted On:
    6/17/2004 3:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Circular hand knife hand strike =Pigion stul
    pigeon stool? bird ****?

that looks about right. I loved the knife defense video...so effective!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2004 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: 5AF & Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2004 3:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    long stick = bong

-LOLOLOL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2004 10:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UPDATE:

I went and managed to pull one of their black belts aside. I have a meeting with him on Saturday. We'll see what's what then. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

-OUT

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    6/18/2004 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya, I knew about these guys when I was living in Sac. It's just TKD with wristlocks, and all the black belts I saw when I rolled by were fat-ass sweaty nerds.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2004 9:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I talked to another student of this place (blue belt) on Saturday for about 2 hours. He is a good guy and he told me that they charge like $100/month plus $80 per belt test. He said they advanced him at a rate of 1 belt per month...Sounds like McDojo to me.

He also added that the joint locks are all done on willing partners. Sparring is all point sparring with only minimal contact allowed. no head shots but wearing full sparring gear...which they sell. The teaching is done by other students that are one or two ranks higher than you. The grandmaster just sits in his office the whole time. He also says that the students don't teach correctly. This is because when he is shown a particular technique by another student, he learns it. THen, he goes to the grandmaster for a little clarification on a detail and he is told that the whole technique is incorrect.

These guys also advertise that they teach a combination of different types of martial arts but when students ask the instructors for some of the grappling moves from the art or some of the softer parts of the style, they are never shown anything. They are given the excuse that there aren't enough people or the form is a soft form, etc...

I was also told that they are given a particular technique to learn and are then told to go practice. The guy also told me that the kicks are always practiced high and are the basic TKD kicks as I had suspected.

That is the story so far. I am going in there this week, we'll see what happens.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2004 10:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Went in there last night. They did not let me take class without paying to join. Final analysis, this place is a McDojo!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/22/2004 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job Anthracis. See if you can dig up anymore information. See if you or any of your friends go in there saying they need to do a report on martial art history and you are going to different schools to learn their history. Ask them about the history of TKD and HKD and their own art. Let's see what comments you get.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast