Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    6/21/2004 11:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use a modified tomenage type throw, except I hook a foot under the crotch.
    Then I eiter roll up to mount or spin to side mount.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Posted On:
    6/22/2004 9:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's nothing worse than watching two people fighting from their knees and not actually learning anything, but although starting from knees is an artificial situation, it does come up in grappling. For example you escape side-control to your knees, or you bail out to your knees as your opponent tries to pass your guard.

Another reason to learn techniques from here is so that when you do grapple someone, you don't HAVE to pull guard if they're stronger.

Here's a way to put the person on their back and not have to worry about their guard:

Firstly, you need to have good base and posture. So keep both of your knees on the floor (you should start with one knee up if you want to pull guard), and your butt on your heels. Keep your arms in close to your body (think Tyrannasaurus Rex). A lot of people reach out like zombies and try to throw their opponent which opens them up to double and single leg attacks from the knees, duck-unders and snap-downs. It also means that if you do this against someone stronger then you'll lose. Now get in close so your forehead is close to theirs. Use your right hand to quickly push their head to the side and drive your head into the left side of their neck. Re-align your body so your spine is straight (so you're now off on maybe a 15 degree angle). Their spine should be bent and yours straight. Your right hand grabs their pants at the knee, your left hand grabs their right elbow and you drive into them putting them on their back. Keep your head in contact with them and you should end up past their guard.

There are a lot of set-ups like this that mean you can put someone stronger on their back.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    6/22/2004 11:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    excuse me, but i find kneeling techniques to be essential when i am being tried by a 19th century manchu court, or when i am attending a shogunal dinner with teh other daimyos and a horde of ninjas through the paper doors and i have to chop their necks without standing up before the shogun.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12