Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    12/16/2002 7:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a good old fashion front kick to the balls! fukk going for the knee with front or side kicks!

if you want to go for the knees, femur, tib/fib, then what i call a "tiger Stomp" kick works wonderful!

its a driving stomp with the heel of your foot, toes on the outside. EXAMPLE: a right tiger stomp, your toes would be towards the right when stomping to the extremity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2002 7:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point, Jamoke.....What you call a "tiger stomp" is a great kick for going for the legs....I believe it is eaiser to land than a front kick and because of the angle you throw the kick, it would be much more devastating.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/16/2002 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jamoke, that's the stomp in Taekkyon. I think the Korean is "Candle Stick Kick"

* It's easier to fall down than to fall up *
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2002 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazillian Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's also a standard front kick in Wing Chun and many other gungfu systems.

First, I'm gonna hit ya...then you're gonna fall
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 12:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would somebody please post a picture of that kick?

Titan

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 8:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the balls is too small a target, I'd rather go for the thigh or knee, or the shin if I had my boots on :)

----------------------------------------------------------
    He (Master Bristol) was like a slippery fish. There was no way I could hold on to him. -- Tomas Shurrman, Judo Expert
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 8:51am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for the balls, though, it's not so much two individual miniscule targets, it's the leeway you get when your kick lands in the general area and still have the desired effect, combined with how your accuracy is increased by the presence of the legs limiting the viable angles of attack.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche
    "Nietzsche is dead." -God
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 9:57am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a good strong kick to the balls , Works and MT side kicks hurt just dont hit knee OUCH!
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gong Sau, from what I've seen of the Wing Chun version, there are some differences. Though I can't assume I've seen the entire range of WC possibilities. The Taekkyon version has two basic varieties-one is a real stomper, very nasty. The other is more like the WC version I've seen which seems more like a kind of advance interrupt. From what I've seen of WC, ours is executed with more forward momentum, weight transfer to the kicking foot in preparation for clinch and takedown.

* It's easier to fall down than to fall up *
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2002 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazillian Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are many versions of the WC kick. One of the main applications, however, is from a bridged position. The kuen kuit for this is something like, "always kick with three legs", meaning your base leg and both your opponent's legs, which in turn implies that you are using your opponent for support in some way.

From a non-bridged position, it can be much like you described the Taekkyon kick; driving forward with your mass fully in the kick. WC kicks never "post". you don't re-adjust your COG to balance with your foot raised. If you pick your foot up and keep it up, you'll fall forward.

It's interesting. I've found a common misperception about WC is that there isn't much forward force. I find this very odd because one of the major principles in WC is to always keep a forward intent, and to put the body mass behind/in all your strikes.

First, I'm gonna hit ya...then you're gonna fall
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast