Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 11:22am

Style: Law of the Fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh Oh, now we have to kill you Ghost.

He has been my best friend for more than 10 years.

Not to dog on you Dochter. . . his 'stand up' match against you was the FIRST time he has sparred in more than 3 years (maybe more than 4 yrs). His background is Kajukenbo (off and on for about 10 years, just picking it up again recently after a long break).

I really wanted Ghost to come actually . . . That would have been funny if you were there and "Mr. Kelley" was there . . . how often do you get to punch and kick your computer teacher? I have read some posts on here when you were inquiring about Shootfighting - and I think you were mislead in a bad way. I do Shootfighting with the schools in Davis, Vacaville, Fairfield, and Vallejo. These are the ONLY schools were you can learn REAL Shootfighting in California (and pretty much the entire West Coast). I don't know where the people putting up mis-information are coming from, but they have been misled. You should come to the Vacaville studio and try out the class, since you live so close (the school is in the Raley's shopping center).

Back to the ThwDwn. . .

I did some San Shou stuff against one of the local guys (I don't know if he is on the forum yet). He was a super nice guy with some awesome kicks and great control. He is going to compete next month and wanted to train for that. My biggest recommendation to him would be to work on doing more takedowns (you get more points for that).

I also rolled with Bunyip doing some stand-up and ground stuff (but most of the time we ended up on the ground). Bunyip was doing good especially since he gave up 50 lbs (I weigh that much more than him). I also think he was a little out of his element with me, the way I fight on the ground is not what he is used to. AND DAMN HIS GUARD POSITION, it might as well been called the 'jaws of death'. I really had to work to get out of it, and I only was able to get out because of the weight advantage.

I did do a very light thing with another local guy to try and help him with his stand-up, but this was more coaching than a match.

The Last person I fought was Steve (Local student training for San Shou). We went one two minute round of stand up. I gave up about 40 lbs with him, but I was still taller. The weight difference was very noticeable when I went in to sweep one of his legs. . . which was as effective as trying to sweep a 2’ diameter tree trunk – very solid. I was able to keep him at bay with my kicks, but he still threw me down two or three times, and got some really good head shots in with his punches.

My biggest regret was not being able to fight Dochter, I wish we could have just grappled. At least you and I are closer in weight.

My friend was one of the guys who fought G.F.’s TKD Black Belt friend. This match got pretty ‘heated’ a couple of times. I have the video, but I missed the first 20 seconds or so. The video starts with my friend getting nailed with a VERY hard sidekick to the ribs that pushed him to the ground. I also missed the part when my friend hit the guy in the jaw and bounced his head off the wall (they went off camera).

I had a great time, but I feel like we all should have had name tags, I was having a terrible time with everyone’s names.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 11:29am

Style: Suave

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah Warhogg, you and I are gonna have to fight for our friend's honor...sorry man, you seem like a nice guy, but I'm gonna have to lay it (it being "the smack") down.
    ^Joking
    But seriously, that was a pretty intense match. SO intense in fact he ripped my pants I let him borrow.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 11:36am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Warhogg
    Not to dog on you Dochter. . . his 'stand up' match against you was the FIRST time he has sparred in more than 3 years (maybe more than 4 yrs). His background is Kajukenbo (off and on for about 10 years, just picking it up again recently after a long break).
    Yeah, I thought that was the case. I wasn't trying to say I did even all right against him, just that we were pretty evenly matched throughout. Nowhere have I tried to claim I have anything resembling skill, let alone stand up skill. Haven't done any standup for over nine months and the training I had before that was only for around two years (with a pretty major back surgery smack in the middle of that time span) and wasn't ever that "alive".

Sorry if it seemed I was making it sound more than it was. Just trying to give a brief summary of the sparring that I participated in.

Actually I was kind of bummed that you left soon after your marathon rolling with bunyip, being closer in weight to someone would have been nice.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 11:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    crap just realized I posted the wrong picture up above.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 12:15pm

Style: Law of the Fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dochter: Bring it on buddy, bring it on. :D

You guys were pretty well matched, you definately rung his bell a couple of times.

We had to get going. I know I didn't have a drive like yours, but we all had to get back to our perspective women.

Guerilla Fists: We will definately have to fight for their honor, but when we do fight, I am taking you to the ground because I don't want to deal with your hands (very fast hands you have). Or I will just try to stand back an kick.

"Santa is dead kid, welcome to the suck"

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like you guys had a great turnout. We had about 15-20 guys at the Florida throwdown if I remember correctly. A lot of Darksons friends showed up. Dochter, how tall are you?
    I have niether the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manor of which I provide it.
    -A few good men

As the internet turns - omega

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 12:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6' 205ish

As has been mentioned though I generally suck.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 12:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Warhogg
    but we all had to get back to our perspective women.
    hehe, like I said while the cats away I... well it seems I get together with lots of sweaty guys.

Crap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 12:40pm

Style: Suave

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Dochter
    6' 205ish

As has been mentioned though I generally suck.
    LOL, whatever man, no matter how you look at it, you're a huge guy. It's not like it's 205 of flab or anything. Hell I wish I was 205. My mere 175 frame could use some mass on it. Just wait, between now and september I'm gonna bulk up.

Warhogg posted "don't want to deal with your hands."
    -Dude, you're sounding like every girl I ever took out. The didn't appreciate my "fast hands" hah.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 12:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To go with the above picture of Guerrilla and Bunyip's nhb matchup, in the left corner (?) "I know crazy monkey" Bunyip. In the facing corner "I know kung fu" guerrila.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	226small.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	1283  

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast