Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/13/2004 11:23pm

hall of fame
     Style: jits with hits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I SURVIVED - NORCAL THROWDOWN

As everyone else is still driving home, I guess I get to start this thread.

I'll just say that everyone who didn't come missed out. I hate to speak for all of the about 25 (yes, that's right, twenty-five) people who showed up, but I think a good time was had by all.

Anyway, I'm pooped. Someone else can post the throwdown summary. But consider this your first notice of the next throwdown at Modern Combatives in Berkeley in August or September. I will redouble the West-Wind recruitment efforts, as they were noshows today.

Edit: to whoever set the alarm on my cellphone to go off at 3:20am - just wanted to let you know that I noticed before it went off. har har.

Edit: VIDEO! Thanks to redrover for the awesome production job. The clip's not going to be up long, so if someone could mirror it or add it to the throwdown section, it would be appreciated. And there's an hour more of video left...

http://www.modified.net/norcal2004_small.wmv (Please right-click, then save-as)
    Last edited by bunyip; 6/15/2004 12:30am at .
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    6/13/2004 11:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...damnit.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2004 11:40pm

Style: Suave

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You hurt my foot bunyip, that's about all there is to know.

But really, about half my tactics were rendered obsolete when I signed a "no groin shots" waiver adn the other half when I signed the "no throws resulting in landing on the head." Great, now my source of power has been removed from under me.

JK, it was tons of fun. I learned that Dochter is a huge guy and damn strong, I also learned not to stay right in kicking range when doing San Shou I think it is called because you will get kicked with maximum force. Sure it sounds like something stupid to learn but I learned it nonetheless.

My buddy Alex came and he has a black belt in TKD. For a big guy he moved fast. He ripped my pants I let him borrow. It wasn't a dramatic Hulk Hogan ripping of the shirt type thing either, it was a fumbling roundhouse embarrassing rip type thing. Still funny though.

In summary, I need conditioning.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    6/13/2004 11:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL! Did everyone have fun?

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2004 11:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Immensly, you missed out. We were just leaving and this van of supermodels pulled up. They said they needed a martial arts studio to shoot an "actioned themed" photo layout. So they came in and we porked like 50 hot babes whenever we want.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    6/13/2004 11:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GODDAMNIT!

Well, maybe it's good for them I didn't show up...they couldn't have handled me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 12:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and I forgot, there was a guy there who totally stole the idea I had in mind for my next haircut, you know, the one that i supposed to look like my avatar? Yeah, he already had his mongolian started and a sick tat on his forehead, I think it said "beat you to it" in chinese or seomthing. But seriously, he was a cool guy and if I shave my forehead now my hair will look longer and like it was my idea first...which is what counts.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 12:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure GF....sure. *rolls eyes in disbelief*

Dirty Red

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the guy actually had the hair. It was sweet. Ocean was his name if I heard correctly. Cool guy.
    A.K.A. rocks your socks.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2004 1:26am

supporting member
     Style: Roberto Traven BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont suppose and West Wind guys showed up.
Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast