Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 3:25pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait... ninja university?

Can I get a PhD in Advanced Kiai Studies?
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 3:44pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just a friendly word of advice

I know that many want to expose fakes, frauds, McDojo's and such but believe the person who posted that you can be sued for anything.

I am one of those people included on a certain lawsuiit who only offered my opinion, in no way engaged in slander or liable by any definition of the terms, said every thing was my opinion and I still got sued. Is it a bogus suit, in my opinion and my attorney's opinion, yes. did I still have to respond to it, yes.

The sad truth is, anyone can bring suit in an attempt to shut you up, whether they have a case or not, and you will have to answer it. Now, in my case, the desire was to shut me up and cost me money and it didn't work on either count. My lawyer is a personal friend and I won't shut up when I see something that is wrong.

Having said that, just be aware, they can sue you whether it is bogus or not. I just learned of another person being added to the lawsuit I am listed on, and they never participated in that situation. They made the people mad just because they stood up to them on another website. It is bogus but it is being done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 4:27pm

Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dangerous

Also,

I would like to point out that while many McDojo instructors are worthless and harmless some can be very dangerous if you threaten their livelihood. This is largely because some of them suffer from personality disorders or are psychologically unhinged in some way. They may not be able to sweep you from your mount, but they can put a bullet in your head or run you down with a car.

It certainly isn't a common occurrence, but I am betting it has happened and will happen again, remember Count Dante. So, if you choose a more straightforward approach, please be careful. Some of these people are not playing with a full deck. Lawsuits and physical threats off the mat are always possible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 5:05pm

Style: Yang style Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good advice on avoiding a lawsuit. Something for all of us to think about.

As a personal aside: I'm routinely astounded by the number of 10th degree blackbelts in the world.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 9:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do & Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

In case U didn't know

I just felt like checking this web site out and WOW, I can't believe there's a thread concerning one of my former instructors. While I can not vauch for the instructor in Colorado Springs, I will defend the school in NJ. I have trained with GM Floyd, and his techniques are very realistic in combat applications. I was fortunate to train with 2 of his team mates (Sifu Simod, and my teacher Master Gartman), and to be ona WINNING World Champion Team, just might say something. As for the name of the school, well, it dose sound a commercial. A doubt if you step into the dojo in NJ, if you would say the same things.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 9:55pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aries, you should know that there are probably hundreds of people claiming to be word champions. So the question is whether the team won at a small tournment or if they actually won a tournment that is widely recognized and which has an international field of competitors.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 10:01pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For example... I'm currently sitting at the Judge's table for an event called The World Series of Rumble. So far as I can tell, the show is only in the Kansas City area.

"World" can mean about anything these days.

Fight's on...

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 8:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do & Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They compete for NASKA. Personnally, I never watched them, as I am not a big fan of tournament. I only replied to this thread becuase in doubting GM Floyd, they would in essence be doubting my instructor Master Gartmen. From what I have seen, it must be an open division, because as I stated in my last posting; GM Floyd-Ninjutsu, Master Gartmen- TKD & Goju, Sifu SImod- Zuiquan (Drunken Style) Kung Fu.

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 10:53am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, what type of tournment is NASKA, full contact, point karate etc? Please tell us a bit about this Tourney. Secondly in regards to GM Floyd's Ninjutsu claim here is the standard Bullshido.com article on Ninjitsu lineage claims. Please explain how Floyd's art can be proven to decend from Japan in the 1500s. Or was he part of the Buj?

http://www.bullshido.com/articles/ninjutsu-2.html

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 5:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a journalist, we often run into situations where people or businesses don't want their pictures taken. Unfortunately, it's TFB for them. As long as you're on public property, you have the right to take a picture of anything you see.

What you DO with that photo, is another story and where you have to be careful. Libel and all that crap.

Some caveats that probably don't apply to what you're doing:
    You probably don't want to be snapping thousands of photos of federal buildings. That'll likely get you a quick trip to the Department of Homeland Security.

AND, don't take pictures of schools, especially when kids are there. I once took a photo of the entrance to a middle school on a day where there were no classes and the cops called me the next day. They couldn't have done anything to me, but parents are psychotically paranoid these days.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast