Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 2:38pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can anyone verify their authenticity?

I was checking out websites of MA schools in the city I used to live in and came across this one;

www.mastermatt.com

In my early years I trained with some guys who shared affiliations with this place and also traced their lineage in the same way. At the time being young and a total MA noob I never questioned their authenticity but now, having lived overseas and seen a much wider variety of TMA I find myself doubting the authenticity of their Shaolin Wushu. I do not question their Shuai Chiao, I have seen demos of it and I know first hand that they spar full contact (or at least they used to, I don't know about now) and they train with resistance. So I would say that they're training methods are not BS, but I am wondering if their lineage is.

Does anyone have any information in regards to this? Or can anyone recommend a way to trace the lineage that would not include other affiliated schools spouting the same thing?

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Mollica studied directly from Grandmaster Chang Tung Sheng, Dr. Daniel Weng and five of Chang's leading instructors including Gene Chicoine, Jeng Hsing Peng, John S. Wang, David Chi-Kai Lin, and Jan Ming Wu in Shuai Chiao, and also with Grandmaster R.A. Greenlee in Shaolin Tiger Kung Fu.
    Strong claims. If he studied under Chang, why list anybody else? Why list Daniel Weng over the other 5, who were superior to Weng in every way? That is unless he's really a student of Weng's.

John Wang has posted here, I think, he does post over at IKF for sure.

I think that Mollica is one of those people that rode with Weng who formed the USSCA (an illegitimate organization according to ISCA ~ which was Chang's organization).

But I don't know, he could be for real. We're bound to have some students of these guys who can go and ask their teachers, right?
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the hell is "shaolin tiger kung fu" ?

is he trying to say it's fu jow pai?

i was talking to a dancer who is taking "southern shaolin" and showed me some decent crane moves... but when i asked what sort of southern shaolin, she had no clue. we decided that a term like "shaolin kung fu" is about as descriptive as "modern dance"

sort of off topic, but when people use shaolin and don't clarify, it bugs the hell out of me.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:18pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not too sure about the Shuai Chiao lineage, I was mainly looking at the Shaolin Tiger Lineage. On their website if you go to the ABOUT heading and click on Shaolin, it gives a lineage story. That is what I am mainly seeking verification of.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:24pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having lived previously in the Akron,OH area, I know claiming to have trained with Gene Chicoine is not taken lightly. Furthermore, there's bad blood between Chicoine and Lin, IIRC.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like a made up system out of who knows what that they called "Shaolin Tiger System"
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:25pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PO9
    Having lived previously in the Akron,OH area, I know claiming to have trained with Gene Chicoine is not taken lightly. Furthermore, there's bad blood between Chicoine and Lin, IIRC.
    Bad blood between the Lin in NYC, not the one in Atlanta. - to clarify. As far as I know.

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christ, how many Shiao Chiao insructor (sp?) David Lin's are there? It's not that common of a martial art.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only one - Down in Atlanta. The one in NYC is teaching??? who knows? Supposedly he only has 6 months of training under Jeng Hsing Peng.

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 4:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast