My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 10:19am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Getting Rather sick of this mentality

What is it with the BJJ nutriders that think you can 'ONLY beat BJJ with BJJ' or 'it all BJJ anyways?'

Had an internet conversation with a TRUE IDIOT that went something like this:

IDIOT: You got 3rd in a BJJ tournament

ME: Yes and 2nd in Sub grapplin in to Categories

IDIOT: How long have you been doing BJJ?

ME: I don't train BJJ I do JUDO, wrestling and JJJ grappling wise. I have matched with and trained at a BJJ school for 2 months but thats about it.

IDIOT: You said you tied against a BJJ BB

ME: YEP

IDIOT: There is now way you could have tied with him if you only taken BJJ 2 months.

ME: I don't take BJJ I just went to the school to workout with the other pple.

IDIOT: You're either lying or you're really a BJJ BB

ME: Um neither.

IDIOT: Who was the BB?

ME: *Told him the name he went to look him up on Sherdog*

IDIOIT: You are a fucking LIAR. There is no way you could have handled this guy. He would have destroyed you.

ME: Uhm RIIIGHT. You were WHERE in the stands while I was onthe mat? Look I was there I was manhandling him. Hes a great fighter but I am bigger and stronger as well a just plain GOOD.

IDIOT: You're full of it.

ME: *sigh* Whatever tell you what why don't you email him and ask him. And check the results at the website *I then realized the site is down for updates.* I got to go.

IDIOT: Alright bye. LIAR

Now of course I have dealt with such idiots before but it erks me that there are pple STILL out there with this mentality. I once came across a BJJ noob who was working with another guy at the gym in the mat room. I asked them if I could join them. He said sure and they were doing BJJ and asked if I heard of it. I said sure. He asked if I done it. I said no. He immediately say he will go easy on me.:rolleyes: I told him not to. First roll I destroyed him in like 15 sec. Then we rolled again and I toyed with him then locked in a keylock. He said we could go all out and freeplay. I said find with me. He tried to jumped gaurd and I immediately slapped an ankle lock on him. What really irked me about this is that he accused me of misrepresenting myself and that I had actually studied BJJ. :mad: I told him NO I didn't I did Judo which BJJ comes from as well as being a wrestler.

Its not that BJJ is bad but this mentality is REALLY killing me.:(
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you are a liar, you are really a bjj BB and you love the invincibility of bjj

trying to think of appropriate anecdote or humorous remark...damn

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 10:28am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We had something similiar at my school. A new guy showed up, and I was chatting with him before class. He said he never did any BJJ before, but he told me he was a 2nd dan in Judo. Alright fair enough, I figured he would be good on the ground, and have great side control, and average subs. I rolled with him and found out I was right. He was able to control and out-position me each time but had some problems finishing me off. I got a couple of suprise subs on him, but I have a feeling that was a fluke.

Anyway, I some him rolling another white belt. Before they fought, the white belt asked him if he was new. The Judo guy said yes, proceeded to roll the BJJ white belt into a neat little cube. The white belt looked like a freaking tornado hit him, since of course, only BJJ can beat BJJ. . . or maybe just Judo

http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compa...re=1&langue=us

Titan

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 10:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More trouble over names.

He is an idiot. He should of been asking what you did to beat the guy, not what you do.
    Last edited by SLJ; 11/04/2003 10:34am at .
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    experienced something similar to this:

while sparring with a kenpo green belt, he got frustrated and told me "only hit as hard as you want to be hit back"

i just smiled

Cowardly Henchman

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 10:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pure Sherdog-forum mentality.

Imbeciles used to talk up their own ability, until they realised they might have to prove it at some point. Now we have the age of the internet-fool who can convince themselves of the invincibility of some fighter they don't know purely on the basis that they do BJJ.

I'm remember a few months ago when Bullshido was down, and some of the members went to Sherdog for a few days. They were met with nothing but abuse and hatred for the fact that some might actually wish to meet up and take each other on. Granted, it is not for everyone - but a lot of the guys out there have no wish than to be anything other than fanboys, and BJJ is a very vogue martial art to be riding in the wake of. Anything that shatters the illusion of that is treated with total denial.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 10:48am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone in a style that is supposed to be good is like that. BJJ is just the worst about believing their own hype. I won a Karate tournament as a white belt (in the under brown class) and everybody started looking at me sideways. It was annoying because they were obviously thinking I was sandbagging and some of them called me out. When I explained that I have Muay Thai fighting experience but had only been in my Karate class for 2 months they accused me of cheating. I want to point out that my Muay thai plus 2 months of Karate was still less training time than the blue and green belts I beat up.

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 10:51am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just like any other martial art....

Thanks for posting Asia, I was wondering if anyone had the same experiances.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 11:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very typical, I have even gotten the dreaded:
    You MUST know BJJ or how else can you grapple? and the infamous:
    That japanese stuff is no good, the Gracie's invented ground fighting and EVERY fight goes to the ground.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm. Here's my understanding of the situation regarding only BJJ beating BJJ. People with more experience and knowledge please correct me where wrong.

1. Though there certainly were other grappling styles that existed before BJJ, I think that before the popularity of BJJ exploded, they were either not quite as advanced in the sub department, and/or had no guard game. The lack of a guard game in particular, made it tough for them to beat BJJ. And it seems from my laymans perspective that the only reason other grappling styles now have a guard game is because they either picked it up from BJJ or were forced to adapt to it bacause of BJJ. Either way, you _could_ say that at least on some level, any grappling art that utilizes a guard game in particular, and many of the common subs of BJJ in general is "using BJJ".

2. Certainly, today, now that BJJ is no longer new and novel to most people, and now that most sub grappling arts also have adopted a guard game, other sub grappling styles can match and even beat BJJ at their own game, so to speak.

3. I believe it remains true that grapplers of other arts that do not have at least a passing understanding of what BJJ is all about will still get owned by BJJers of roughly the same experience. Asia wins because, in addition to simply being the mighty ASIA!!! and a practicioner of Hokutoshinken, he understands BJJ and MMA and is therefore able to use other sub grappling skills to great effect and beat BJJers at their own game.

Regards,
    Matt
Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast