Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 12:14pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, BJJ are you gay or what? I swear if I hear BJJ talking about how cute guy is and stuff and didn't admit he is gay then I would have a new quote like this one "BJJ, are you gay?"

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HOW TO BE POLITE ON A FORUM

It's not really that hard. For starters, just imagine that you actually know the people you are posting with and assume they know who you are and where you live and/or train. That usually keeps the chest-thumping to a low roar.

If you can, try to limit your use of profanity. It's kind of like using spice when you cook, a little is good; dumping the whole can in is bad. Plus, people tend to get hot under the collar when profanity is directed at them. So don't fucking curse, goddamnit :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

When debating or correcting, try and attack the arguement, not the person. Example: "That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard" instead of "You're a moron if you think that". Hard to do, I know I've slipped and made personal attacks. Just strive to do better in the future.

I know this sounds like nagging from your 10th grade English teacher, but people will tend to treat you better and respect your positions if you use correct spelling and grammar. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it should be easy to read and logical in it's structure. I find that I spot a lot of mistakes after I hit the Post New Reply button, so I just go back and edit it using the edit icon. Being professional in your writing doesn't mean people will be nicer to you or your posts but it usually makes you look like the good guy if verbal warfare breaks out.

This should be a no-brainer but you would be surprised. If you slam someone and use race, sex, religion, national origin or sexual orientation in an insulting manner, you will look like a complete and total tool. End of story. No matter how clever your logic or witty your jokes, 99% of the people who will read it will think you're a jackass and will totally dismiss whatever you type. They might not come out and say it but trust me, your rep will be permanently tainted. This might not matter to some people. So be it, just don't complain when everyone, including the moderators, shoots down your ideas and arguements. Yes, you might be joking, but you better make that abundantly clear if you do.

Humor is one of the great things in life. If you make people smile or laugh, it goes a long way. Personally, I'm a big fan of subtle humor, usually involving pop culture references. Some people prefer parody or sarcasm, others like a good rant in the Denis Leary/Dennis Miller tradition. It's all good, it keeps everyone in a polite frame of mind.

And lastly, don't be afraid to apologize. If you feel you're wrong, admit it and drive on. I swear, some people would rather be flayed than admit they were in error and screwed up. Apologizing isn't a sign of weakness. Refusing to admit that you were mistaken is definitely a sign of something not very flattering (ego, rudeness, etc...)

Now, how did all that junk I just wrote have anything to do with women and NHB competition? Because the debate got side-tracked by verbal attacks and insults. If you have a take on the issue, fine, post it but try and be at least a little civil in your delivery. Some subjects touch off that kind of de-railment and I guess women fighting in MMA events is one of them. Personally, I think women should at least have the opportunity to compete. I don't think female fighters would ever draw the kind of fans male fighters do but that's a debate for a different thread. Later!
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 3:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry if I got you confuse JKDChick... I know it is impossible people for not talking about their style and sifu. But some people take the fact that their style and sifu are the best and stuff too far which is unreasonable. What would you thinks of the person who thinks thier style and sifu are always right and never wrong? How would you feel if someone train under Eric Bristol and come in here and always talking about how good their style is just because they can "levivation" and put other styles down because they weren't trained in levivation. And never admit that there are some weakness in their style and stuff. Now that will be unreasonable. Most people here knows that their style isn't the best style, but they do talk about it a lot and they even admit that it has some weakness and strength and other things. Now that is reasonable.

If you don't like your enemy and thinks they are stupid, then you can learn their weakness and how to better take advantage of it. Also if you don't want to end up where Carbon is, then you can learn to not do what he did.

If you don't understand, please feel free to ask me again or even edit my message. Thank you for being patient.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 4:12pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would never edit anyone's message, barring some posting serious racial slurs or someone else's address/phone number.

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/16/2003 8:07pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my defense the only reason you claim to try to put me down intellectually is because you think your some fucking genius.

I mean come on, people get onto me about croch riding a MArtist and I give BJJ is practically sitting on top of the whole gracie family's dick.

You may put me down for certain things but let it slide for the people that hit on you, unaware of what you truely are.(I know...don't think I don't know because I know)

It just disgusts me to see such fucking faggots on here talking about gay sex with a person claiming to be a women and then openly flirting.

This is a MA forum not lets hit on the person with the female avatar.

Now back to the original topic of this forum, women will never compete with men. Women will have boring ass MMA competitions, there probably will be nill if any women who would want to compete.

Most women can't take a hit, most men can't take a hit, there are a few special ones out there and I doubt if they are going to risk it for something like training year round just to end up losing, and then getting paid 1500 dollars for their troubles.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2003 1:14am

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, its funny that you say I go to a McDojo, when for 1 you don't even know what school I attend.

2. You've never seen me, or the way I fight

3. And 3, you've never put up any credentials of your accomplishments...lol

16 year old bitch. Wow you can jog around the lake and post it on a forum I can do that to..

Oh ya guys I just got done doing my 7 hour workout I'm so tired, man I'm in such good shape and all the ladies want me.

See how easy it is to brag on a forum? lol! little kiddie go spar with the child molesters up at your school who watch you shower.

Wow carbon, do you use the forums as a way to cure youre low self-esteem?

BTW, (no offense to JKD Chick) who cares if you can beat up a woman?
    Why don't you try starting a fight with someone like Frank Shamrock and see how far you get.

And to Judo-kid, how are you going to insult his martial-art whatever the hell it is. Full-contact karate is pretty much the same thing as kick-boxing in case you didn't know. Oh, and good luck typing through a body cast =).

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
    <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2003 1:17am

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and sorry, cuz I only read the first few pages, as a flame war usually gets repetetive.

and JKD Chick is pretty much winning the flame war, cuz she doesn't have to use vulgarities in almost every sentence to express an opinion.

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
    <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Posted On:
    1/18/2003 2:15am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah Thats a bunch of bullshit Full contact karate is not full contact Kickboxing.

Ask anyone.

have fun typing threw you body cast??? wtf are you talking about.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/18/2003 2:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo, one day you are gonna to walk up and talk to karate student the wrong way and end up spending your life eatting pea soup and other liquid foods and peeing out of tube.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/18/2003 12:23pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol ya he think since he cross trains in 6 different styles of fighting that no one in the world can land a punch on him?

If I ever did have the chance to fight Frank Shamrock yes I would most likely lose instantly, I am not claiming to beable to whoop the top ranked fighters because I can't.