Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 7:21pm

Style: Earth DragonMMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool.....

I respect you, man. At least you have the strength of your convictions. I will pm them to you.....where are you coming from?

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's look at all of this more objectively:

Someone giving a seminar is in part focusing on fancy pants spinning kicks and ki strikes. These things are being presented in the context of self-defense and MMA. This statement stands even if "mma" was an unintentional misnomer.

And it doesn't matter if the instructor can kick ass in the context things are being discussed. Nor does the fact that people from traditional martial arts backgrounds can also kick ass.

You both need to reread this site's mission statement (which has to exist somewhere formally, right Phrost?).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 7:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    since the challenge was issued, and free accommodations offered, "thebgbb" has been strangely quiet...

Kev did make an error. He ain't totally sure about this, as MMA is very new to these guys....LISTEN:
    The BKJA is (was) a traditional Martial Arts Assn.....based very firmly in Japanese arts and ways....BUT he has accepted us MMA guys, and is learning from us, just like we're learning some good stuff from them. Now that's a pretty big stretch.

Chris Matthews (UK) is a wrestler, and a Kempo ju jutsu guy who makes a living running a "pro-rasslin" show. Ahmed al-Houli (kuwait) is in Brazil this week competing at a Gracie tournament.
    Is that good enough???

The invitation stands. I'd zLOVE to see lots of you nay-sayers here. Only Osiris has the cojones to ask for directions.

Thats all I ask. Strangely, once I issued the "challenge" the tone of posts has changed.

I think what happens is guys get too hung up on terminology and names.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 7:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "too hung up on terminology and names"

Probably because they can very easily become unintentionally or intentionally misleading.

As was said if the instructor indeed can show ki, as commonly defined, exists he's got a million dollars waiting for him.

Anyways like I said: IT DOESN'T MATTER ALL THAT MUCH WHO CAN KICK WHOSE ASS WHEN TALKING ABOUT SPINNING KICKS AND SUPERNATURAL THINGS IN A SELF-DEFENSE CONTEXT. So stop with the blustering challenges.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 8:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    never a blustering challenge....if it came off like that, I'm wrong.....

It's a challenge to come and see....experience what we're talking about. Kev would never lower himself to b.s. stuff like grudge fights.

It's a challenge to simply see what I'm talking about, and then report back to the site, what they saw, ans what happened....

If I conveyed the feeling of a fight challenge, I'm sorry. I never had that in mind.

But the challenge to dis-prove what I've said DOES stand.

Kev's a shotokai stylist at heart, and yet he kicks as well or better than any Tae Kwon Do, or Tang soo do, or whatever, that I've ever seen. I'm sorry I appeared beligerant, but being told that I'm full of **** rankles a bit.

I wish a ton of you guys would come. We at the BKJA have been trying to do the same thing that Bullshido does, It just got lost in the translation. Last year the Assn refused admittance to over 60 clubs and schools. I don't make a friggin nickel on this, and in fact it often costs me money.

So once again, if I came on as 'blustering' I'm sorry....the challenge is to come and see, and experience.....NOT "to the death matches".

I figure, that if someone thinks this is such bullshit, they should come and see, NOT call us names, and act like a pre-pubescent idiot. If i fit into that category....my failing.

But the challenge still stands.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 8:13pm

Style: Wrestling, WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by the Mutt
    since the challenge was issued, and free accommodations offered, "thebgbb" has been strangely quiet...

Ha! That's funny. Take a look at the time that you made your post after the time that I made mine. Not even two hours have passed. I'm sorry if I don't have time to sit by my computer and wait for your replies.

If you must know why I didn't reply, I was TRAINING! You, on the other hand, who has been shooting out responses all day, must have nothing better to do than shoot your keyboard off on a forum.

From what I am reading, you are challenging me and Osiris, and anybody else, to come to the seminar and experience your chi blasts and "heavy body" techniques. Is that correct? If so, then I'll whole heartedly accept. However, if you REALLY want to throw out a challenge, then post the location of the seminar. I'd be willing to bet that more than just Osiris and me would be willing to show. You say that you want "a ton of us guys to come"? Then post the directions along with the date and time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sitting here because I had surgury on monday....left hip....fairly tough procedure. I wish I could be training.

I will post the directions. Not a problem...I hope you're not such an assho;e in person.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 8:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    White Haven Pennsylvania. 18661

Exit 473 off of Rt 80.
    We just got street names, so 110 Valley road should register on Map quest.

Basically you have to get to exit 473 on Rt. 80, or take the penssy pike to exit 35, go straight onto Rt 80, toward Hazleton, and again, get off at exit 473.

You'd have to take 83 I think, to get to 81, then 80. (coming from New England) It took us @5 hours to get to Mass. for NAGA vale tudo stuff for my daughters 10th birthday. She loved it.

From exit 473, if you're on 80 E, turn right, if you're on 80 W, turn left. You're on PA 940.

Go @ 1/4 mile, then turn left between the 2 taverns Theres a sign for 'sandy valley campground'.

Drive about another 1/4 mile, pass the VFW (M-60 tank, and a chopper in the front yard), and make the immediate right turn.
    thats Sandy Run Rd.

Go @ 3 miles, and when you come to a Y in the road, go LEFT (Theres a sign) stay on that rd....its valley Rd. pass through a little crossroad, and the campground is @ 1/4 mi. beyond it. You'll see the sign. Drive in, someone (likely one of the dogs) will sound the alert.

Dude, bring a good attitude, cause there's no reason to be all beligerant. It's a shame this got all nasty, and thats a lot of wasted energy. These are nice people who train hard and are very, very good at what they do. I'm willing to be cool with all this, loose the attitudes and proceed with the best interest S oF MaRTIAL ARTS IN MIND. I'd rather have this be a interesting forray into something you don't believe in, rather than some kind of pissing contest.

The campground is quite a nice place to spend a day or 2, and you might actually enjoy yourself.
    Just loose the nastiness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 11:01pm

Style: Wrestling, WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds good. I'll be in NC at the beginning of August, but I should be able to make it to one of the days of the seminar. By the way, do any of you guys have a problem with me bringing a camera to the event? I would like to be able to post some video on bullshido after it is done.

By the way, you don't have to worry about any attitude problems at the seminar. I know that the people who are there paid to be their, and I won't try to detract from their experience. Even if I went to something that I totally disagreed with, like Yellow Bamboo or an Ashida Kim seminar, I would be respectful of the people who paid to be there. Basically, I won't sling poop at people in their own house.

That being said, I don't believe any of the chi stuff that they/you are professing. If the instructors there are going to teach chi blasts, I want to experience on first hand, and on camera. I would also like to experience that "heavy body" technique first hand. And any other chi powered techniques. And I would like to film it all.

I actually haven't been on a camping trip in a long time. This will be fun.
    Last edited by thebgbb; 1/22/2009 1:57am at .

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    5/31/2004 11:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Big Gay Body Builder, whats up?

I see you are in the mix on yet another forum.
    :)
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast