Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:43am

Style: karate,jujitsu,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kultra,
    Is my ignorance appalling or Osiris?
    your in PA,
    I hope to see you up in White Haven and train and share a beer afterwards...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheers Phrost,
    I'll send you some mags I promise. UK's "combat" magazine and "martial arts illustrated".OK.
    sorry about the pennies situation, you must follow your heart though.
    maybe next year.
    Oh, as an interest. one of our members Ahmed Al-Houli from Kuwait is going to Brazil this week to compete against the Gracies, "in their own back yard". I want to wish him and his team every success.

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:54am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That should be interesting. Keep us posted on how he does.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 6:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this wont be of interest to most of you, cos its in the U.K.
    BUt on 5th and 6th june I have organised a seminar over two days with eight matted areas. I have teachers coming from (France karate), Romania (Kempo), India (TKD), Pakistan (Bando),
    Ed (the mutt) from the US is usually there, but has just had a hip replacement (miss ya buddie), aikido, tai chi, katori shinto ryu, judo, wrestling, kenpo karate, karate jitsu, jujitsu, kobudo.
    the idea is on saturday everyone trains for one hour in a different art. on different grade matts.
    every hour the sensei changes and you try something new. the idea is that you appreciate and respect other arts.
    On sunday you can spend a whole morning doin tai chi, or jujitsu for example,. Then after lunch try somethin else you liked the day before.
    the cost is 10.00 per day (about $15.00) and anyone is welcome.
    maybe YOU should try something like this over there in the States. were doing it in PA in august on a limited scale. Do the same in NY,florida, nevada, nebraska, california.
    -----------------------------------
    build bridges, dont burn them

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 6:40am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    reverse punch KIAAAA!!!

Taking a break

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 7:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by doshu
    this wont be of interest to most of you, cos its in the U.K.
    BUt on 5th and 6th june I have organised a seminar
    Bugger - The Manchester throwdown is that weekend. Don't suppose you'd care come join us instead?

Just a thought....
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 10:57am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oooh... damn good idea. ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2004 7:17am

Style: Earth DragonMMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's so very easy to sit behind a keyboard, and flap one's fucking gums.....

Let me assure you guy's (especially the one's with the flippant nasty little BEETCH comment's,)that if you were facing off with Kevin O'Connor, you would NOT be quite so cocky.....all your CYBER MUSCLES would turn to dough. Every ones a tough guy in cyber-space.

This guy has keikogi older than you.

Kev is a dyed in the wool, Traditional Japanese stylist....if he dosn't know our idiom, or is a little confused (maybe a LOT confused) about the difference between Mixing Martial ways, and Mixed Martial Arts, who the **** cares? WAIT: how many angels can dance on the head of a pin???
    You guys are getting so hung up on semantics, that you're loosing the focus of this site. It's not simply to root out bullshido, but to get sincere people together and TRAIN

Lately, it seems that all people want to do is PICK....NIT PICK, and call each other names.

Any of you who think for ONE SECOND that Kev is Bullshido, well I issue you a challenge:
    Come here in August. Train for free. And if, at the end of the session(s) you feel this was bullshit, Keep your money.

You guys that make your cute little inside jokes about ki....let me tell you this:
    Kev has hit me with his "soft punch"....and I felt as if I had gotten an electric shock.....I went down in a heap. He don't try to "sell " ki......it's NOT a quantitative thing. I can't do what he does....I DON'T REALLY EVEN BELIEVE IN IT. But I've felt it.

Kultura: you sound like a dick....maybe you ain't, but you sure sound like a young pup.....talking **** you can't back up. Kev O'Connor would turn your ego-swollen head into mush with the "spin round kick" you're making fun of.....you have no Idea sweetie, so close your pie hole and let the grown-ups speak.

Phrost:
    You were right to call a "bullshido" alert, but it's a false alarm. Kev is real. I'll stake my life on his abilities. He may not know the correct terminology, might be a little confused about what we (in the MMA community) call things, but LETS NOT THROW THE BABY OUT WITH THE BATH WATER!

To denigrate someones abilities without seeing what he can do is stupid....period.

The course , in August will feature a few Brit TMA experts, and a few Yanks.

And Sam:
    It might behoove YOU to visit them on a different date....just to see if I'm lieing. You'd be the eyes and ears of BULLSHIDO....if you got the balls....do it. They won't beat you up.
    They're real TMA. They are great people. They are GOOD.

So there it stands:
    If you want to call "BULLSHIDO", put your money where your mouths are. Come here in August. You'all are "talking ****"....lets see what ya got. It's sooooo easy to be hard in la-la land.....
    This is in REAL TIME

I wonder how many I'll see.....

Taking a break

Posted On:
    5/30/2004 8:24am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by the Mutt

And Sam:
    It might behoove YOU to visit them on a different date....just to see if I'm lieing. You'd be the eyes and ears of BULLSHIDO....if you got the balls....do it. They won't beat you up.
    They're real TMA. They are great people. They are GOOD.
    Not a problem. My background is in TMA (Aikido and JJJ).
    If you know of dates and locations, I'd be happy to go.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2004 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Mutt, how are you doing? Hope you are getting healthy and strong. Last nite my left hip hurt, felt icky, and was too weak to support my right kicks on the heavy bag. Am I heading for surgery?????:confused:

This meeting does sound good to me, and I can also see where the MMA thing is a lightening rod for flaming for people on this site. That said, doshu, if you want to post correctly in Bullshido, put seminars in the seminar area:

Seminars/Tournaments/Fight Nights
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...threadid=10003

Why wasn't this moved? Is it becaue it became controversial?

edit: oh, I see doshu put a small notice there...
    I don't understand. Doshu, you've posted here for awhile. I would think you'd have understood Bullshido definitions of mma and such. (I also saw your profile and read some of your posts - I'm 8 years older than you and kick to the head often. My age fools the youngsters and I get to roundhouse or side kick them in the head, then they watch for it and are too damn fast to let me smack 'em again).
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 5/30/2004 9:29am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast