233245 Bullies, 3658 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 4:49am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to understand that MMA is a sport, it's not an art. And for the very reasons you stated, Dan rankings mean almost nothing to most of us here.

It's the success of the students in full contact events that is the arbiter of whether or not an instructor is good. Do any of the instructors involved have students actually competing in MMA events? Can you provide their fight records?

learn the principals of the devistating "soft punch", and apply to the elbow and kicks.
    understand the principals of aikido joining with the opponent.
    practice ki/chi applications, wrist locks,arm locks, throws.
    kicking; including roundhouse, reverse roundhouse and jumping back spinning roundhouse kicks.
    groundwork, sword work, jo staff..........
    Almost none of this is MMA. If you were greated with sarcasm the likely cause of this is your misrepresentation of this seminar as the "ultimate MMA Seminar". Teaching 'qi', 'jumping spinning back roundhouse kicks' and 'sword work' have nothing to do with MMA. Your initial post could be taken as intentionally misleading if not downright dishonest.

Again, mixing a bunch of styles is not MMA.

This event is a martial arts seminar, with some MMA training involved. Why you didn't just state it as so leads people to wonder about your intentions. You should know better than to expect this, of all martial arts websites, not to call BS when we see it.

Now, I've seen that link before somewhere, recently. I don't remember where I came across it. Too much time spent browsing MA related sites I guess.

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And one more thing, what is this?

Jason Hill 1st dan Kickboxing

Kickboxing is a sport. It does not have belt rankings, just Champion and Contender. It would be like having a black belt in Wrestling. Such a listing calls into question the legitimacy of the organization.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:09am

Style: karate,jujitsu,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dear sir, we are running a seminar mixing martial arts. showing how you can use karate, jujitsu, aikido and ground fighting and mix them into a practical defence. you may block and parry (like karate), counter stike, atemi, throw (like jujitsu, or judo, or aikido), and take to the ground and restrain, lock uo or hold (judo, gracie jujitsu, jujitsu, aikido. hapkido). also how to use and defend against weapons for real, as in army combat training.
    THAT is mixing martial arts, is it not?
    Projecting ki in a punch, or to redirect an opponent is someting no one in the states, from comments made from Americans on our seminars over the last three yeaqrs have seen, have seen before.A soft ki punch is practice against opponents holding pads and passes straight through. this has amazed many at seminars in the passed.
    we try to cover as many arts as possible. to show that at a certain level, they are basically all the same. But we had a speciall request from Mr Hudako from NJ (TKD) to improve his kicking techniques this year, as he find he still leans back a little, encouraging energy to be negative rather than positive, when kicking.
    The sword was to offer something new to the members, and develope a feeling, not felt in any other art, but which could bring possitive results to fighters, when the weapon is put down.
    mixed martial arts in Europe is mixing of martial arts, for practical application and to improve the understanding and methods of one potential opponent surely?

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Mixing martial arts" is not "Mixed Martial Arts". It would be the same as kicking a tennis ball with your foot, and then calling it "Football".

I've seen hundreds if not thousands of martial arts websites, and this is the first instance I've seen of anyone refering to a bunch of different arts coming together as "MMA" as opposed to the sport which is also known as Vale Tudo, NHB, Pankration (in some respects), Shootfighting, etc.

And if you can prove the existence of 'Qi', then you could be a million dollars richer today.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    re jason hill. in the uk there are rankings and gradings in kick boxing.
    one cannot achieve a teaching status, simply on fights alone. The best fighter in the world may be the worst teacher, on the fact that as a natural, he may fail to appreciate the problems of those that struggle with a technique. It is becoming necessary in England especially to take a NVQ(National vocational qualification) coaching award before you can teach anything. This requires levels of knowledge and coaching ability including sports psychology, sports injuries, powers of belief, motivational skills, which all fall into a syllabus or rank system. Just to be able to get up and kick ass aint enough to teach. in fact here it has nothing to do with teaching at all.
    we are anything but fake sir. We do more to bring up the standards in martial arts than you could possibly imagine. We are the 1st association to bring in a child protection policy, and register ALL our instructors on the CPP register.
    I hope you will convey this to your members, who perhaps should have visited our site before making sarcastic pre-judgements.

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not being in the least sarcastic, but I have explained why some may have been.

Do your Boxing instructors also require black belts in England?

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That aside, I respect some of what you are attempting to do. I would just like to offer the advice that you shouldn't advertise something as MMA if it does not involve training for limited rules, full contact fighting. Otherwise, you're likely to run into the same sort of feedback as you've gotten here.

Your definition of Mixed Martial Arts, and the globally accepted one, are vastly different.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    Sounds like its gonna suck.
    your ignorance is appalling

now stand still so I can double jump spin kick your face!!!!!@

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    boxing in the U.K. comes under the British boxing board of control, and had little or no connection with any martial arts governing body.
    Kick boxers here however, do wear karate type gi, as well as the colourful satin, and multi coloured pants. They sterio type themselves as martial artists and fall under martial arts insurance policies (boxing does not). they fight and/or compete for rank.
    you need to see some of the British ma magazines to appreciate the differences and requirements here. Email me your address and I'll send you some with pleasure, or come to the seminar and we can chat face to face. I'm travelling five thousand miles and forking out 2,000.00 of my own money (non fefundable to teach and learn with you guys.
    How far will you go?

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 5:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately, all the pennies in my travel fund are going to this:

http://throwdown.bullshido.net

You can mail parcels to

Bullshido.com
    Suite 216
    107 SE Hwy 291
    Lee's Summit, MO, 64063
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast