Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 232930313233 3435 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 7:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bok fu (but might switch)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So during my last "lesson" I did some recon work, and snapped some pics with my phone. Here are some pictures of the academy:

the tables they use:

their "library"

a shot of the entire academy room (it's all on the small as hell 2nd floor of the school)

and a shot of the entire training area.

sorry for the really crappy quality of the photos. if you drag them to your desktop and view them smaller they might make more sense. I'll see what else I can dig up.
    Last edited by foxhound9; 9/05/2007 7:31pm at .

poser

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 8:59pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The platform in front is really weird.

Actually, the whole place reminds me of some kind of creepy church with puzzle mats on the floor.

Ugh.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 3:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

::sigh::... Time to go to work.....

Honestly, I'm waiting for someone to pinch me and tell me this is all a rather horrible, horrible dream. Every time I try and shut my mouth. Try and make amends with a couple people still there I really care about. Every time I go and give Thompson, Reyes, and Sheppard (much less Shah, DeLo, Rios, and Julaton) the benefit of the doubt and just "let it be" some crazy ass fucking story like this work of an idiotic mastermind grabs my attention...

As some of you may know, I have a thread on here that tells of my experience both as a student at WW and as a Senior Instructor. I've gotten a couple im's and emails about why that thread ended so suddenly. Someone even asked me if the West Wind ninjas got to me. LOL. I had said that life just got in the way, which it did. But that was half of the reason for my departure. Truth is, the more I thought about the situation, the more I started to feel that brining up my past experiences and airing out "dirty laundry" like that just wasn't right. It wasn't setting well with me. Fact of the matter is, I still to this day believe there are some good people in that place. They're just lost right now. At least thats what I told myself.

But upon hearing the news about a K-12 academic school being run by West Wind and then seeing the pictures of said school, I really only have one thing to say...

****'EM!

****'EM!!!!!

****'EM IN THE ASS LIKE THEY DO THEIR STUDENTS!!! ****'EM!!!!!!!

**** THESE PIECE OF **** BASTARD ASSHOLES ****'EM!!!!!!!!

**** THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!

Enough, is e-fucking nuf! The parents need to grow some god damn balls and pull their children as far away from this piece of **** school as they possibly can. MOVE CITIES FOR CHRIST SAKE! I DON'T CARE! THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT! Why has no one called 7 on your side AGAIN!? YES I SAID AGAIN! THEY ALREADY HAVE A SHITTY STANDING! GOD DAMNIT!! I can't even fucking think straight.

The teachers are now fucking... teachers?! TEACHERS! SEAN SHAH IS A MATH MASTER?! MATH.. MASTER.... THat's like saying my lily-white ass is a "SPANISH SUPERNOVA"... ************, I got to fucking spanish 2 in high school... SIX GOD DAMN YEARS AGO! I HAVEN'T SET FOOT IN A CLASSROOM SINCE 2003 personally... and I know it's been even longer for 95% of their staff!!!! THEY HAVE 2(TWO), POSSIBLY 3 (that's THREE) instructors/teachers... BRAINWASHERS there with a fucking college degree... and NONE OF THEM HAVE TEACHING CREDENTIALS!!!!!!!! WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS?!?!?!!?

JESUS TITTYFUCKIN CHRIST THIS JUST SET ME OFF....

I just re-read Shah's sales pitch too in the earlier post. "For science we're gonna be blowing stuff up..."... Yes. Because my children blowing **** up with people who didn't even survive a year of college is always a selling point to me. Call me crazy, but ****... Sign ME UP!

It's taken me like a fucking hour just to type this I"m so upset (a lot of typos). I'll be back tomorrow, FOR GOOD!

Don't let the West Wind get'ya
    ~TMR

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 11:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah so here's an update.
    I regret not updating on my last lesson sooner since I forget funny stuff from the lessons fast, but possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard at West Wind Schools was said at my last group class. First of all, the day of the class was on the 38th anniversary of the school's opening. In celebration, Mr. Shaw gave us a talk on how old the school itself is. Well let me tell you what he said:

"We're probably the oldest school in the United States. Definently one of the oldest in the world, right behind the Shaolin Temple in China."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Congratulations "Sensei Shaw".

We also spent a shitload of time in the class getting a sales pitch for the Senior Head Instructor(or something)'s book, "Waking the Tiger Within". A load of bullshit. This sales pitch was around 15 minutes out of an hourlong lesson. The teacher brought us into a huddle about 6 times during the class to give us lectures on various ****. Anyway, comment away!

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 11:24pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the school opened in 1969. Its good to know they somehow came before all of the Tracy's schools in California. :)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 12:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "math wiz" would sell you his grandmother if West Wind told him to do so...They'd even preach that the world is flat if a higher up would demand it. They are so brainwashed they don't even know how to exist without this cult any longer.

The sales pitch doesn't surprise me, gosh how many times did they push that..what about the "weapons" classes which are getting more and more overpriced? Anyone tried to sell you a "package" yet?

This school is down in the dumps. Can not believe I "studied" (wasted) four years of my life there. You make me thank my lucky stars (all over again) that I got out when I did. :)

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 1:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ITF Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make profits of a real martial art making it even unrecognizable for the real artists... exactly what happened with TKD. A powerful example.

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 5:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it's been a while since I last posted, and I'm extremely glad to say that...
    I QUIT!!
    finally. :)
    since my parents are the ones paying for it, I'll soon post how much they're paying to quit. However, I do know that there is a $400 processing fee for quitting >:o

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 5:39pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $400 to quit! Is that standard for breaking a contract early? Or are they just skull-f_cking your bank account to get back at you? Did you check with a lawyer about getting out of the contract?

Posted On:
    10/13/2007 8:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "A karate instructor was asked "How many real fighters do you have at your school?" He said "None.I tried teaching them the real stuff but they hated it, especially the parents, so I went along" Go figure."

Bingo.

Why are strip mall dojos so successful? Because kids like to fight, and parents want to get rid of their brats for a few hours a week. But that doesn't mean they want junior coming home with concussions, broken bones, twisted joints, busted noses, staph infections or detached retinas. And, really, what's wrong with that? The bulk of the comments seem completely and truly shocked and outraged that this school charges such high prices while teaching a watered down martial art. It's as though no one here has considered that the services and facilities which the school provides may offer a value to their customers which takes precedence over the effectiveness of the fighting style that they are learning (even if the students themselves would never admit that in so many words.) Maybe they just like what they are learning, as stupid as it is.

Isn't it a crime, though, that they are filling their students with false confidence while giving them such weak training -wouldn't these people likely get slaughtered if they were to get into a real fight?

I'd make three points in answering that question:

A) First, you'd have to define what good training is. Muay Thai is probably a better style for the street than boxing. Does that mean boxing is a deficient fighting style and that training it instills a dangerous overconfidence in boxers? West Wind's students would very probably get the stuffing knocked out them by a wrestler or boxer who'd been training for a comparative amount of time. That said, if they are getting these kids active for a few hours a week doing pushups, etc., that would by itself would likely give them the edge in a fight over a huge number of American males. And it does sound like they eventually get into some sort of sparring if they hang around long enough.

B)Anyone who lets himself get suckered into a streetfight, much less starts one, deserves whatever they get. Someone who's savvy can bluff his way through 99 percent of these things and just flat out run away from the other .9 .

C)People who expect to be able to defend themselves in any situation with their hands are deluding themselves, anyway. Spending years learning a martial art that will be rendered ineffective in the entirely possible event that you are attacked by two or more people, that you may or may not have the presence of mind to remember or be in a position to use when you are actually attacked is much less cost/time effective than just buying a gun and a comfortable holster.

Actually, the biggest knock against this place that I've heard so far is that they'd hire someone as obnoxious and aggressively stupid as this Radley guy as an instructor. I'm not sure I believe his story, though, just because the guy sounds way too deranged to be hired for any sort of work.
    Last edited by Kolchak; 10/13/2007 8:19pm at .