Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 10:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm sorry... but WHAT?!

Hold on.... I'm sorry, and I know I left my thread just kinda hanging (life got in the way, believe it or not), but did you just say that they're starting an academy.... like an actual school for children? As in, if I were a parent I would send my kids not to... Richmond High School (for example) but West Wind Private school for the filthy rich and fucking dumb as rocks? If that's what your telling me... I'm moving from down South to the Bay RIGHT NOW to fight this TOOTH AND NAIL! Sure... it's like a Saturday for me work week wise... I'm buzzed as Hell, but HOLY **** MAN!!!!! Please write back ASAP. Because if fucking Thompson, Reyes and Sheppard are fucking starting a school for little kids I'll be right there to BURN THAT MUTHAFUCKA DOWN!

CHEERS!
    ~ TMR

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 10:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm sorry... but WHAT?!

Hold on.... I'm sorry, and I know I left my thread just kinda hanging (life got in the way, believe it or not), but did you just say that they're starting an academy.... like an actual school for children? As in, if I were a parent I would send my kids not to... Richmond High School (for example) but West Wind Private school for the filthy rich and fucking dumb as rocks? If that's what your telling me... I'm moving from down South to the Bay RIGHT NOW to fight this TOOTH AND NAIL! Sure... it's like a Saturday for me work week wise... I'm buzzed as Hell, but HOLY **** MAN!!!!! Please write back ASAP. Because if fucking Thompson, Reyes and Sheppard are fucking starting a school for little kids I'll be right there to BURN THAT MUTHAFUCKA DOWN!

CHEERS!
    ~ TMR

poser

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 10:34pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol thats just fucked up

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 6:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bok fu (but might switch)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, they are starting a school. My "sensei" told me during one of my private lessons that they were starting an academy, and tried to give me a sales pitch for it a fucking week before my freshman year of high school begins, like "interested? maybe next year?" and "for science we're gonna be blowing stuff up; a lot of cool stuff is gonna be happening here." And on saturday during my group class, I saw all these kids kids from kindergarden age through maybe 7th grade visiting all in West Wind t-shirts, eating fucking PIZZA on the dojo floor. Also, I think I may have met the "principal" of their school or something because she was with the kids; regardless of what "teacher" she might be, she told my class to "stand in a completely straight line, and to stop looking like a bunch of HEATHENS."
    So yeah, pretty much...I need to add up enough reasons that the place sucks so that my parents will want me to drop out of this school on the spot. I'm also not really learning much, since they rely on teaching us pointless stupidass kata to fill the class time, and we NEVER spar. I think I might take up Muay Thai.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 7:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my...they have sunk to a new low..Can anyone imagine "BITCH" as an actual school teacher??? (You'll have to read up on some of the characters definitions on mrradley's "For +$3k a year you too can have these memories").
    Hmm, and what "subject" what TOMMAY teach..LMAO..Heaven have mercy!!!!!!

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 8:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah so I'm about to go there right now for a group kicking class. I'll see how much dirt I can dig up while I'm there.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 1:12pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhound9
    Yeah so I'm about to go there right now for a group kicking class. I'll see how much dirt I can dig up while I'm there.
    Bro, just tell your parents to stop paying for that ****.

It's not even real karate.

Real karate are styles like Shotokan, Kyokushin or Kyokushinkai, Isshinryu, Goju-ryu, etc.

Judging from what they teach, it sounds like a bad remake of Shaolin Kung Fu and American Kenpo Karate with a lot of bullshit thrown in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 6:19pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did Bunyip ever go to the local media about WW? If they're starting a K-12 school it seems like they need to be investigated before this gets way out of hand. Have any of their instructors ever been investigated for an unrelated fraud/scam/molestation/harassment etc...? I'm 2 time-zones away and my skin is crawling at the possibilities.

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 7:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah so when I was there, Shepard pulled me aside and said "From the minute I saw you I knew it was a good match." And proceeded to give me a sales pitch for about 5 minutes while Mr. Shah my teacher waited for me. When I went to Shah after the pitch the first thing he did was do some police hold like thing on me that nearly took my left arm out of it's socket. Then we did "combat application" which is some kind of "rare treat" where we get to practice kata on fellow students in slo-mo. Completely useless. That's pretty much it this time, although I'm probably missing something, seeing as something pisses me off about the place every 2 minutes or so. I agree with getting some kind of investigation in order; Shah is going to be the math teacher, and he introduced himself as the "Math Master". Jesus christ...

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 4:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recommend people to go try the introductory class themselves. I believe a lot of things have changed since 2004, when Bunyip tried it himself.

Hella money grubbing people...wth. You sign up for a 6 month period, in 2 months they call you in and ask you to pay for another 6 months, total..bullshit. You tell them no, ill just wait till the end of my six month period, another month passes they call you again...they want your money, they keep asking for more money...christ...im almost about fed up with this bs.

btw? anyone know of any reputable schools in the bay area? around berkeley/el cerrito/richmond? a medium sized school?