Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152122232425 26272829 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2004 7:39pm

Style: GJJ, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out the instructor fight video, are they fighting eachother or invisible ninjas of death?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/03/2004 7:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ashe
    C.O.R.E.
    5901 Christie Avenue
    Suite 108
    Emeryville, CA

510-450-0600

Looking at their web site, I realized that I stopped in to check out their Berkely school back in 2002. While they were nice, I remember watching them teach... it was terrble. The instructors were correcting form whether it was correct or not. The emphasis was more on homogeneity than it was on correct biomechanics. While everything looked very nice, the atmosphere of the place stunk of incest and masturbation. I could only take it for about 20 minutes before I had to leave. I might have born it for one or two private lessons, but watching a whole bunch of people getting raped at the same time was too much.

Send these miserable bastards some mail. Put them on every junk mail list and "prospective convert" religious list you can find. Putting their e-mail address in for e-lists is also an option.

The greatest evil is in C.O.R.E., most of the instructors are unwitting dupes who paid too damn much money to leave the system and start over somewhere else... so they've convinced themselves that West Wind is the best rather than feel like complete morons. If we can't put them out of business, we can at least make life a bit less comfortable by subjecting them to the high-pressure recruitment/sales tactics used by so many other organizations.
    At least hold your horses until after the throwdown
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 12:12am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recommend that we forget about inviting them to the McThrowdown and instead ask Bun-yip to contact his local newspaper or TV station and ask to speak to a consumer reporter. These guys did not use duress to sell. Instead they used all the "group cohesion/mind ****" tricks to get people to buy martial arts services at grossly inflated prices. What is the normal monthly fee in calif, $110? They are charging four times that rate. Unbelievable!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 12:50am

Style: On the injured list....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're charging $$$ and the morons are still paying it believing they can defend two men armed with semiauto pistols. (earlier disaster photos posted by bunyip) I agree with Samuel, we should invite the local news crew to show what McThrowdown is all about. Training "Alive", learning and having fun in a non-egotistic environment. I'm tired of seeing DimMak news getting airtime.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 1:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if this place was started/backed by some rich dude, or if the stuff in those photos was all paid for by the students. Christ, do you know what furniture/architecture/equipment and vehicles like that costs? I'll bet there are corporate lawyers who couldn't afford to decorate like these guys.

Or maybe it's run by one evil kingpin... perhaps the rest of the "family" signed even worse contracts years ago and now they belong to the school and do it's bidding. Whoever runs this organization sure knows what they're doing finacially (ethics are another matter of course).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 1:47am

Style: Donkey Punch Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About the only difference I see between West Wind and Chung Moo Doe is that at least the WW instructors appear to get paid instead of being indentured servants.

Both are seriously cults, using classic cult techniques. And look at all that "go team" bullshit on the walls of the tournament.

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 2:09am

hall of fame
     Style: jits with hits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still working on this. Don't want to get too into details since West Wind will undoubtably find this thread once I post the Throwdown invites. I really do want to get some of their students to the throwdown, though, and hopefully show some of them what martial arts are supposed to be like.

Anyway, I will of course post updates if anything interesting happens.
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 2:18am

supporting member
     Style: Roberto Traven BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe if you promise some free patches you would get some to attend. I mean they all look like they could use some more patches.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 2:49am

Style: Donkey Punch Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Chuan
    Maybe if you promise some free patches you would get some to attend. I mean they all look like they could use some more patches.
    LMAO!! :D He shoots, he scores!!

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 4:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm wondering what the hell all those patches are for. There seem to be countless dozens of them, and I bet you have to pay five bucks for each one, too.

"Mom, I got another patch today!"
    "Well done, son, what was it for?"
    "It says that you have paid $10,000 so far. Another $10,000 and I get another badge!"
    "Marvellous, son. Now go and disarm some robbers with semi-automatic weapons for mommy, then come down for dinner."
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152122232425 26272829 ... LastLast