Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    5/26/2004 11:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first picturs above is a hand on shin footlock(im sure we all use different terms and it doesnt interest me) and if the foot is against the back of the shoulder then the connections at the front of the foot are stressed.But in a straight way.So no damage will occur until you over power the front head of the calf muscle.
    But when you crank it enough the connections is stressed.Moresop if you fall slightly off to one side while cranking.
    Ive seen guys get hurt bad in this type of ankle lock (Overeem messing up Joe Slicks foot is one example) but it is rare.Sometimes your foot can be stretched straight out and you can slide your foot out before anything pops.
    But in the achillies version where you get your wrist bone into the tendon and crank up, It might hurt like a mofo, but I've never seen anything break.Though I'vve been rendered a gimp for a few days by letting it go too far.

Omega, where would you say a foot fold(figure four) fits in in the poker hands?

Posted On:
    5/26/2004 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strong Machine, I must commend you for another excellent post.

As for the figure-four, it's probably low-percentage but I had a video of (who else) Genki Sudo tapping someone with it :cool:. Nothing, however, beats an Indian Deathlock in terms of fucking things up. Think bicep crush done on the knee with the victim's other ankle. Good luck getting it on in competition, but woe to your opponent if you do.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 5/27/2004 10:38pm at .

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 12:27am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wtf are you talking about?

Titan

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 3:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My vote goes to Mr Heelhook.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 3:51am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what's an achilles?

Titan

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 4:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone just posted a pic of it on page1. The foot goes straight, and pressure is applyed to the achilles with the forearm.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 10:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the deathlock seems to trump em all , I think more based upon the grip you can get.It is just so strong you feel like you can tear someone apart.Though on accasion when stuck in that lock, my shin rests into an area on my other leg where the nerves seem dead so it is endurable.
    This usually happens when I'm able to somewhat straighten my legs out as they are attacked.
    Though if the attackee is clever then he will keep my amkles crossed and get both palms on my bottom heel and twist to the side with a heel twist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 11:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll go with heel hook if only because I can sink them in better. Some people I try the achilles lock on and I can't seem to crank all the "slack" out of it for the tap. Sure, they limp, they bruise, but they don't tap. So I get all flustered and try to roll a bit to pick up the heel hook, doesn't always work though, lose the foot on occassion.

Posted On:
    5/28/2004 2:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't have one.You probably know it as the toe-hold.
    I think Hume got it on Monday at the Contenders way back when.

Kail, lots of guys leave too much space on the achillies.After you get your bone under his tendon, you gotta lean your upperbody forward so you can get his ankle in as small a hole as possible.Most guys crank so hard exploding with their lower back that they let there arm slide down to their own waist.
    If I got your left foot under my right armpit, I get myt right hand so high up before I crank that my right thumb is up around my collar boners.
    I do that by scooting my butt away and contracting my trapezius muscles.
    Only then will I lean back and focus on keeping my right forearm high and parralel to my waist, just as in a guiollotine(sp).
    In fact most guys tap before you even arch, if you got their leg squeezed between your and you really drive your forearm bone upward straight and hard.
    Of course I guy thats been in the lock alots nerves will be pretty dead, so you will have to arch as you go.
    If he doesn't tap, leave space, as he tries to yank his foot out, twist so his sole is flat against your ribs.Now keep your arms tight but contract your right bicips which puts atwist in the lock creating the same rotation as in a reverse(or inside) heelhook.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12