Posted On:
    3/13/2008 9:49pm

Style: no gi grappling/sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Where and when was his first MMA fight?

http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/SS19074

His ONLY MMA fight . LOSS to Lanny Griffith by KO rd. 1 Caged Inferno 2, June 2006.

I had to search through like 23 pages of google to find that ****. Wonder if any of his MMA students know they are training with a guy that has 1 fight. No amateur fights. And he lost.

I know he has no amateur fights because when I was getting back into martial arts I was looking him up because he is a good instructor and is a cool guy. His cousin was my Army recruiter when I went back in and he was telling me how Bruce went right to pro,etc,etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 10:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=Samuel Browning]
    Quote Originally Posted by el dangeroso

We are very interested, please provide what details you can. :)

He has had at least 4 different schools in the area over the years. They were HIS schools, not affiliates. None lasted very long.

Of course you have the criminal case. He was acquitted because the girl refused to testify, but it has certainly marred his rep around these parts.

The guy that decked him and knocked him off the porch when he was delivering pizzas was named Rick West. He was my next door neighbor. I never got all the details and it was a long time ago. I just remember Rick saying something about a confrontation between Drago and Rick's girlfriend at the local mall.

My old Kempo instructor wanted to kill the guy. Some of our students sent him money in advance for tournament registration (again, many years ago) and the tournament never happened. Their money was never refunded.

My friend took MMA classes from him. He later went to a BJJ school.When they asked him to show what he knew, they laughed their asses off. When he told them who he learned it from, they laughed even harder. The only grappling I ever knew of when I trained with him was the little bit of (bad) stuff from Krav.

On his website he claims like six different black belts and a 29-1 record. No idea where that record is from. Must be counting his point sparring wins because I have never heard of, and could find no evidence of him competing in any real fighting except that one MMA event. I could find no evidence regarding his BBs from any martial arts organization.

All that being said he is good at his MT, KMA (tae kwon do and hapkido or whatever), and boxing, and was a good and articulate instructor. He is charismatic and most people like him when they meet him, but then stories come out and they distance themselves from him.

I can check around and see if I can find out anything else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 10:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait...was Caged Inferno evan a pro event? If not then he lost his only ammy event and is training MMA fighters.

Does anyone know if this was pro or not? I can't find anything that specifies. Caged Inferno does come up on sherdog fight finder. Does fight finder only list pro events?

McCainosaurus Rex

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 2:09am

Style: Very Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.in2mma.com/whoweare.html

"There is no level or skill to learn a technique, just the level of skill to use the technique". Bruce Drago

BRILLIANT

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 10:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wrestling, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OK

I have to say I feel sorry for the people writing bad things about a person, the old saying is when you point your finger at someone three are pointing back at you.

Any way I trained with Bruce Drago and he had a lot of good drills that keep myself and others wrestlers in great shape during our off season, with out him I don’t think we would of done as good as we did during our wrestling season.

But that again Bruce must be really popular if people are talking about him Good or Bad, because if someone isn’t Good you would never mention there NAME.

See you in the cage sometime
    Collin

McCainosaurus Rex

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 1:23pm

Style: Very Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, he joined Bullshido just to post the above comment... COULD IT BE? BRUCE DRAGO HIMSELF? FIGHTIN' TO DEFEND HIS HONOUR? With grammar and logic of steel?

But that again Bruce must be really popular if people are talking about him Good or Bad, because if someone isn’t Good you would never mention there NAME.
    Would I? Would I never mention THERE name?
    Last edited by Tanhalen21; 3/15/2008 1:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 1:36pm

Style: brazillian jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlecol
    I have to say I feel sorry for the people writing bad things about a person, the old saying is when you point your finger at someone three are pointing back at you.

Any way I trained with Bruce Drago and he had a lot of good drills that keep myself and others wrestlers in great shape during our off season, with out him I don’t think we would of done as good as we did during our wrestling season.

See you in the cage sometime
    Collin
    Do you know RAppel? Also, "..because if someone isn't Good you would never mention there [sic] NAME." leads me to believe that you have not lurked for nearly long enough. How, exactly, do you call people on fraud and BS without using a name?

"Um, hey guys. There's like, this dude who claims to be really good, but isn't. He's charging people money but is lying to them about his skill. I think somebody should do something about that, but since he isn't good, I don't want to say his name."

Sucking does not make one Voldemort.

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 9:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RAppel
    I've met Bruce a few times, he's a good friend of my boss. I havn't heard the story about the 60 gang bangers. However, he was a bounty hunter in Reading, PA which has one of the highest crime rates in the U.S. I know for a fact he was stabbed while dragging a guy out of his appartment and still frickin got the guy! He has been certified in Krav, C.D.T. and just about every other streed defense program i've heard of. To answer your question... He's been in a lot of street fights and to my knowlege he hasn't lost one yet!
    So I take it this is Drago we are now addressing?

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 9:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to doyble up, but found this (ive highlighted the most fun bits):
    "
    The first video is the best lesson you'll ever find in hardcore, reality-based street fighting tactics. This is what you'll use in the theater parking lot, at the ATM late, coming out of a club, or being stalked by muggers.
    How to "explode" the instant a threat appears… and drop your attacker before the adrenaline can hit your system. (Single strike take-downs you've never seen before… and won't.)
    The stunning "choose the damage you inflict" secrets of taking out an opponent when you don't know how good a fighter he is. (Very crucial when you're attacked.) These include gory "face splatter" tricks, compression chokes that a child can use on a brute man, and "ping pong" moves that rattle his brain. Brutal stuff… so easy to learn, you can use it tonight.
    And a ton more — all based on the options now available to you just by learning a…
    Few Simple Moves
    That Defeat Fancy Stuff Instantly!

The second tape is all about facing down trained fighters armed with guns and knives… when you are barehanded. Don't get scared — just get busy, and leave unharmed.
    There is an easy way to disarm a knife-wielding attacker… but you won't find it anywhere else but here.
    How to use his knife against him… and walk away clean… without even leaving your fingerprints on the blade! (Drago never carries a weapon — he prefers to use the one being held against him.) The "insider" secrets of protecting kids and your wife from an attacker with a blade, while disarming him and putting him away. (Very important when you're attacked while with loved ones.)
    And everything you need to know about advanced, world-class knife useage: The prison stab… "snap" finishes… reversals when you're surprised from behind… lock downs… and all the street facts you could NEVER find out on your own.
    Also on tape 2: Gun disarming. Critical stuff in today’s mean streets. All based on the amazing "real world" hardcore street tactics. (Bruce has used these SAME disarm tactics in 11 life and death "gun to his head" street fights. The had to work everytime or he was dead. Simple as that. NO ONE does it better… except for Drago… who took what he learned, and perfected it for civilians. "

"How to "explode" the instant a threat appears"- This must mean that he's training suicide bombers

"gory "face splatter" tricks"- I would be curious to see what these are

"Without even leaving your fingerprints on the blade"- It would seem odd that this is seen as necessary in a 'self defence ' situation

"Bruce has used these SAME disarm tactics in 11 life and death "gun to his head" street fights"- How the **** do you get into ELEVEN such situations during your life?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 11:18pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm and undefeated street fighter..I've only been in 2. Against people smaller then me. So I'm going to write a book false advertising myself as an Undefeated Street Warrior. I'm going to call it The Way of the Cheap Shot
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast