Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    5/26/2004 11:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The perfect herb omelette...

Requires the perfect pan! Teflon does not belong in the kitchen. This beauty is what I have and does the job just fine, just fine...considering you will have it your entire life, get one if you like eggs. It is also perfect for curries/stir fries for two...

Take your eggs. If they are cold, warm them to at least room temperature: water hot from the tap will get them warm in about a minute. Crack into bowl, add chopped fresh herbs (basil, thyme, marjoram, and chive are all favorites, shiso is also nice if you have some), fresh ground black pepper, a dash of Tabasco, and whisk until creamy (I use a fork). Then add some salt and stir in briefly; salt will prevent the egg from getting the right consistency unless added at the end.

Fire up skillet and butter lightly by running a cold stick of butter over the whole surface, on a medium flame. When water sprinkled on the pan hisses, but before the butter browns, pour on the egg mixture. With a fork, drag the edges towards the middle slightly (not enough to make a big mound), keeping the corners free, until half done (this takes judgement). Take handle, shake in a circle until egg is free, and flip over with a single smooth motion that'll make you think: "Yes, I am a badass egg-cookin fiend!" Allow to cook briefly on the other side then pour out onto plate, folding in half over itself as you go.

When perfectly done, no egg will cling to the pan, and it will be in perfect shape to toss off another omelette without even rebuttering. MMmmmmm nice. Serve with buttered toast and homefries...heavy on the onions, please.
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 12:37am

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One word.
    Fondue
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 1:31am

Style: shorin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1 egg
    mushroom soysauce
    rice

Fry the egg sunny side up in a pan. Put egg on rice. Eat with mushroom soysauce to taste. (this is good for a quick breakfast)

Corn omlette:

mix some eggs and canned corn niblets in a bowl (add salt, pepper). Cook in a pan so it kind of looks like a pancake. Eat with rice and soysauce.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 1:33am

Style: shorin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rice tip:

If you have left over rice that's a little bit on the dry side and you want to eat it. Put it in a bowl and add some hot water. Then put it in the microwave with a cover for about a minute and a half. The steam will soften up the rice and it will taste like it's just out of the rice cooker.

Rice tip #2:

get a rice cooker.

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 9:03am

Style: Okinowan Shuri

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    very easy slow cooker recipe:

serves 6-8 (usually more)

3 cups instant rice
    Raw thawed chicken or Turkey (Tuna works as well but will fill your house with the smell)
    1 can cream soup (your choice, mushroom, chicken -whatever I usually use celery)
    2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
    1 Teaspoon ginger
    1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
    1/2 clove finely chopped garlic
    1/4 cup chopped onion (red preferable but white or yellow will do)
    2 cans veggies of choice (I like to use mixed veggies)
    2 cans of water

Layer in slow cooker in order listed (yes rice on bottom and water on top) cover and cook on low for 6+ hours (great to start before you leave for work and have ready when you walk in the door) the longer you let cook the more tender the meat becomes at about 10 hours it will actually start falling off the bone it will be so tender. If you let it cook until the meat is free from the bone then stir in the meat with the vegtables into the rice and fluff the rice a little before serving. Otherwise remove the meat and serve on a seperate plate and stir and fluff the rice and veggies. Soy sauce and seasoned salt to taste.

(actually haven't used this since college, now I actually cook everything from the basics but I thought I would leave it simple - though the only real difference is that instead of using canned veggies and soup you make your own cream soup and you chop your own veggies and leave out the water and make the soup the top layer instead of in the middle because the cream soup will not be "condensed")
    Last edited by Sharlintier; 5/27/2004 9:13am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 9:20am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i love to cook, but it seems everything has lousiana hot sauce or tony c's on it

tony c's btw, is unbeatable. http://www.cajunspice.com/

Chemist

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes it is
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 9:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how to feed yourself for a week:

big pot.
    water, shot of veg. oil.
    2 cups rice.
    2-3 potatoes.
    1-2 carrots.
    1-2 celery stalks.
    1 large onion.
    crushed red pepper
    trappey's peppers (very important to get Trappey's brand)
    1 whole package cajun sausage
    2 large boneless chicken breasts (slightly cooked in pan to reduce rawness)
    either a jumbalaya seasoning kit, or add your own mix of spices

chop and add all veggies and spices, cook to boil, add meats after veggies begin to soften (go by feeling potatoes)

you will have to add water as the rice and potatoes will absorb most of it as they cook. add peppers to taste (i use 5-6 diced)

get creative and add shrimp or whatever, this will last you for days and it tastes better the longer it sets
    Last edited by kismasher; 5/28/2004 10:13am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2004 9:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also, here is an awesome tip on grilling burgers that i picked up from a friend:

if you know you are going to grill burgers, make the patties the night before and then freeze them. they take a little longer to cook, but won't fall apart and you can handle them with ease.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234