Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/25/2004 5:00pm

hall of fame
     Style: jits with hits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The SBG's crazy monkey style involves actually placing your hands flat on your head. It's great for MMA. For more info, use the search function - I don't feel like debating its effectiveness again.
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Chemist

Posted On:
    5/25/2004 11:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to keep my hands at chin/mouth level to protect my head but not too close or I'll feel like it will be telegraphing my punches, ie farther distance/longer time from fist to target. lead hand about 18 inches away from face, back hand about six. I also like to keep my elbows down to protect the body.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12