Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Unemployed

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Filthy Jailhouse Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually 5FingazofDeath hit on what I was alluding to directly.

Also, thanks for the article, Rock Mechanic.

5Fingaz: You have any articles with details on what you describe?
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After like age 3 or so your body lacks the digestive enzymes to properly digest milk (lactose).
    We don't 'properly' digest many other things either in that we discard many of the nutrients. I would think the change in digestive enzymes would be due to the fact that by that age milk plays less of a role in your diet.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Antagony
    5Fingaz: You have any articles with details on what you describe?
    Nah. Ive read it in a few differnent places. I kill to many brain cells to remember stuff like that.:D

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 5:08pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Rock Mechanic
    [first post.]

I am lactose intolerant so I be biased. Milk is baby food - good for baby calves - not what we were meant to consume daily IMO.

Here is an interesting Guardian Newspaper Article that discusses the pro's and cons (I know I am supposed to summarise any article - they point out that there are many pros and cons...). one point they do make is that in the US women consume more milk than any other country but have the highest rates of osteoparosis (sp?)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...104740,00.html

In the West we have higher rates of breast cancer that has been attributed to or consumption of dairy produce.

BANG! WRONG!
    You cannot equate correlation with causation.

You have to measure how much rest and exercise the US women get to accurately see how the milk intake is affecting them. If you are a person and drink milk, work out, lift weights, then your bones will be MUCH stronger than a person who CHOOSES to live a sedentary lifestyle wasting away.

And not like America is slim-ville either....

And now I read the article and it comes to my point exactly...kinda. Not a bad article I think, takes the time to revie wboth sides of the issue. I'll still drink milk and not think about it, everything in moderation.

Similarly, researchers at Penn State University concluded that bone density is affected by how much exercise girls get in their teen years, when up to half of their skeletal mass is developed. The girls who took part in this research had wildly different calcium intakes, but it had no lasting effect on their bone health. "We [had] hypothesised that increased calcium intake would result in better adolescent bone gain," said one researcher. "Needless to say, we were surprised to find our hypothesis refuted."
    That's lame, why just females? How about atheletes compared to sedentary bums?

No good conclusion......I won't change anything.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by SunTzu
    I would think the change in digestive enzymes would be due to the fact that by that age milk plays less of a role in your diet.
    Is this what you think, what you have read, or what is fact?

I cant site where I read it, but as mentioned before milk is only "made for" babies. Human or animal. To drink the milk of another animal is unnatural. Especially if you are an adult.
    The only time an animal has milk is when its young. Then they move on to "real food". So I think the change of body effects the diet. Not the change in diet effects the body.

~

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 6:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    natural doesn't mean good. Else you shouldn't even eat domesticated grains.

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I think the change of body effects the diet. Not the change in diet effects the body.
    That was basically my point. The body needs more than milk can provide as it ages so the process it uses isn't as optimized for milk later on. It is just what I think on the subject, based on my analysis of the information you gave. My point was just that just because our bodies are no longer 'optimized' for digesting milk later doesn't mean it is unhealthy or lacking in value, or that you should stop drinking it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12